• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
What's better, a Ferrothorn with IVs in Def or SpeDef? Both are relaxed.
Ferrothorn's defense is greater than its SpD, plus Relaxed raises defense and lowers speed, so it all makes sense to go in with defense IVs.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
So I was EV training a Ferroseed. First, I got Pokerus, then I gave it 4 Iron and battled 4 Durants. That's 88 Def EV

Then I battled 12 Palpitoads/Stunfisks, and got it to 144 EVs. To get it to 252, I was going to give it 10 HP ups and 8 health wings. But once I tried to give it an HP Up, it said it wouldn't have any effect.

Any ideas why?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
So I was EV training a Ferroseed. First, I got Pokerus, then I gave it 4 Iron and battled 4 Durants. That's 88 Def EV

Then I battled 12 Palpitoads/Stunfisks, and got it to 144 EVs. To get it to 252, I was going to give it 10 HP ups and 8 health wings. But once I tried to give it an HP Up, it said it wouldn't have any effect.

Any ideas why?

The reason the HP ups don't work is because they only work up to 100 EVs. You should have used the HP Ups first. This means you have to get the rest by training. Sorry!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
It's sort of possible, but only if played on a DS or DS Lite as there is region-locking on the DSi and DSi XL.

Ok, just to make it clear for myself, if I have 2 regular ds's, I can trade 4th (US) to 5th (JAP.), I can't trade between 4th (US) and 5th (JAP.) with a regular ds and a dsi??

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
I have a japanese pokemon black, that I just got a week ago from a ghetto electronic store. Everything works fine, and I just beat my last postgame event, so I'm ready to start breeding and stuff. The Shiny Rayquaza event just started, so I thought I'd grab that, but I can't get the Wifi to work. I don't know what to do. I hit the Wifi setting thing on the title screen, I have it search for my Wifi (Which I have used before), but some message comes up that I can't read and it stops. There's no error code, so I can't look that up. I'm using a DSlite, if that makes a difference.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
My game sync has been 'out of energy' every day ever since I adjusted my DS Clock for daylight savings time!!! I cannot send a pokemon to the GL or receive it back on neither game!!! it has been doing this since Daylight Savings timer!!! how do I fix this???

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
My game sync has been 'out of energy' every day ever since I adjusted my DS Clock for daylight savings time!!! I cannot send a pokemon to the GL or receive it back on neither game!!! it has been doing this since Daylight Savings timer!!! how do I fix this???

Every time you change your DS Clock you have to wait for it to recharge, just don't change the clock for a while and after a day or few, it should be fine.

Years
Ok, just to make it clear for myself, if I have 2 regular ds's, I can trade 4th (US) to 5th (JAP.), I can't trade between 4th (US) and 5th (JAP.) with a regular ds and a dsi??
As long as the specific game works on the DS/DSi it should be no problem. But the thing is that I don't think you can do a 4th gen to 5th gen transfer if the games aren't of the same language. I could be wrong though, but at least it was like that for transfers from 3th gen to 4th gen and I also think I read it somewhere.
I have a japanese pokemon black, that I just got a week ago from a ghetto electronic store. Everything works fine, and I just beat my last postgame event, so I'm ready to start breeding and stuff. The Shiny Rayquaza event just started, so I thought I'd grab that, but I can't get the Wifi to work. I don't know what to do. I hit the Wifi setting thing on the title screen, I have it search for my Wifi (Which I have used before), but some message comes up that I can't read and it stops. There's no error code, so I can't look that up. I'm using a DSlite, if that makes a difference.
Can you take a pic of the message that's displayed?

vaporeon7

Years

Use an English DS game with Wifi connect-ability, and then use the Wifi setting menu on that to organise the wifi, then it should be there when you play Pokémon Black.

Years
hey, i have a question

i have Pokemon black, and a DSi XL
everything works fine, can use GTS, Global Link...etc, but the online icon on my C-Gear is flashing red, and when i click on it, the Gamesync is red too (and its charged). the signal is good, 3 bars
i switched from a DS Lite and now im using WPA
do i need to open ports on my router or something?

vaporeon7

Years
hey, i have a question

i have Pokemon black, and a DSi XL
everything works fine, can use GTS, Global Link...etc, but the online icon on my C-Gear is flashing red, and when i click on it, the Gamesync is red too (and its charged). the signal is good, 3 bars
i switched from a DS Lite and now im using WPA
do i need to open ports on my router or something?

On the DS Lite and DS, Pokémon B/W don't work on WPA. WPA will only work on the DSi/Xl/3DS.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have waited 7 days!!! it still doing that!!! today is Saturday!!! I changed it last Sunday!!! is there anything else???

When you changed the time originally, did you travel back in time on the game? Eg if you played it at 3:30pm, changed the time back to 2:30pm and then played the game, your character will have effectively traveled back in time an hour. If you did this, it has a habit of messing up the dream world sync (possibly since this is most often used for cheating :3). The only way I've found to fix this is by using a different DS to sync with - you could try that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back