The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Fan Fiction and Writing Writer's Lounge
Attack

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old November 6th, 2017 (3:01 AM).
Not Suitable For All Ages

Nature: Naughty
When writing Pokefics, how do you imagine and describe your attacks? Do you choreograph it in your head like an extravagant dance, throwing out little bolts of ice, lightning or whatever else every so often? Do you go turn by turn and describe things by how they appear in anime, game or manga?

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 6th, 2017 (6:05 AM).
Vragon

Oh the many ways I could answer that, heh. While I can say I try to do what Bard stated earlier, I do get that the characters wouldn't always be logical or cool headed in any scenario. I use that to add to decisions or moves that could wouldn't help or make things worse.

When it comes to actual fight scenes, I do image them in my head. The choreography, moves used, character dialogue and anything else that comes to mind. Problem is deciding on what to do and not try throwing everything in there.

Course, listening to epic boss battle music tends to get the creative juices flowing.
    Old November 6th, 2017 (5:45 PM).
    Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
    Writing battles comes in two extremes for me: either the words just flow and I'm in the zone, or it's like pulling teeth. Usually it's the later. I will say I tend to go for how the anime shows the moves and I also try to take advantage of the scenery when called for.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
    Foul Play [Chapter Four up!]
    Old November 15th, 2017 (9:03 AM).
    Not Suitable For All Ages

Nature: Naughty
    I try to imagine how the Pokemon themselves would normally duke it out, and then try and decide how that would change with their personal quirks and their surroundings. I try to go ahead and choreograph everything first and lay that out, then come back in with the minor details (like what gets bruised, who's more hurt, how do the moves affect not only the Pokemon, but the arena around them) and dialogue.

Quick Reply