• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How does the Odd Egg in Crystal work/Can it be recreated?

AetherBoyMicha

Aether Employee
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I remembered in Crystal there was the Odd Egg, I always found it cool how it could hatch into any of a selection of Pokemon with enhanced shiny chance and I'm surprised it hasn't been done in later games. I was wondering how exactly it works and can the egg be recreated in the older games at all? I'd love to program an Odd Egg into Platinum or Black 2 lol make replaying it so fun.

Don't care much about the shininess, more about the random selection.

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
Years
The species is assigned when the egg is given. You would just create an event that randomly selects one from a list of possible Pokemon and gives the appropriate egg.

AetherBoyMicha

Aether Employee
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
The species is assigned when the egg is given. You would just create an event that randomly selects one from a list of possible Pokemon and gives the appropriate egg.
Oh I see, so that's possible in Gen 4 and 5 yeah? I need to learn how to script still ^^' Could never find an egg editor either to change like the Togepi and Riolu eggs in Platinum, is there such a thing?

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
Years
Oh I see, so that's possible in Gen 4 and 5 yeah? I need to learn how to script still ^^' Could never find an egg editor either to change like the Togepi and Riolu eggs in Platinum, is there such a thing?

I only hack Gen III, but seeing as how this would be very simple in FireRed/Emerald, I can't imagine it would be do difficult to implement in other gens.

Back