Revise Librarian

are our lives precious?

Age 23
Road to Tomorrow
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
10,085 posts
11.9 Years

After a few of my other challenge runs I'm planning on doing a Hoenn once since it's possible with ORAS and I don't have to worry about Volt Tackle since Pikachu doesn't get it until Battle Frontier lol. As for BF it was a fun ride!! really enjoyed it for the most part! Though admittedly it was hard to watch sometimes if because of the dubbed voices and Ash's new VA not quite having gotten used to her role yet. But then when I got to DP oooh my god she sounds so much better and I honestly much prefer her over Veronica Taylor now.

(And yessss please do!!! )
Ah yeah hahaha, the midway dub change is why I really wish there was some way to watch AG subbed. ;__; I'd imagine the arc would feel a lot more consistent that way!! But Japanese AG episodes are sooooo rare to find, and I think only 10-20 episodes (maybe 30 at most) out of the entire 192 have actually been subbed, R.I.P. haha. :(

I agree, though—Ash's new VA has really improved over time!! ^__^ But for some odd reason, the Temple of the Sea movie still holds my very favorite rendition of her Ash voice! I don't even know why that particular version of her voice is my favorite, honestly! Maybe it's because I just adored every single detail of that movie? Who knows... =/

"I'm thinking of you as we leap to seize our dreams.
Your light guides me, like clovers swaying across the meadow.
Our clustering wishes will shine fervently for the rest of eternity."

YGO ClubWright Anything Agency#TeamTrivia

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago

Just watched SuMo 121 and with Mallow now getting her Z-Ring and a Grassium-Z(waaaay overdue may I add), all 6 protagonists now have Z-Rings and Z-Crystals. Ash and Mallow now share one as well, hence Ash should be able to get a Fire-Z for Torracat(or Incineroar-Z to push its Evolution) and Sophacles should get Steel or Electric for Togademaru. Just waiting on some captures for a change. Lana is the only female protagonist to actually catch anything(Shaymin don't count and Magearna is inactive). I mean before Lana caught Eevee, we have to go all the way back to Season 20 and Alolan Marowak with respect to the companions. Just feels choppy with respect to Captures and Evolutions and with 6 Protagonists you'd think there would be a Capture every 10 Episodes...

Revise Librarian

are our lives precious?

Age 23
Road to Tomorrow
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
10,085 posts
11.9 Years

Seeing how it's been quite a while since the last post, let's start fresh with another discussion topic! What are some of your favorite music tracks from the Pokémon franchise? Vocal songs and background music are both fair game! ❤

"I'm thinking of you as we leap to seize our dreams.
Your light guides me, like clovers swaying across the meadow.
Our clustering wishes will shine fervently for the rest of eternity."

YGO ClubWright Anything Agency#TeamTrivia

Hyzenthlay

Female
PokéTrivia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
5,431 posts
6.6 Years

Oh! The first track that came to mind is "Through the Sea of Time" from PMD: Explorers! Even today that song fills me with so much emotion! I get flashes of Grovyle's sacrifice, and how the music builds an intense atmosphere towards the final battle with Dialga. <33333

Spoiler:

As for the main series games, I can't even begin! But my favourites have always been from Sinnoh. This arrangement of Twinleaf Town especially captivates me with nostalgia!

Twinleaf Town:

Spoiler:

Canalave City:

Spoiler:

Pokémon League (DPPt):

Spoiler:

Snowbelle City:

Spoiler:

And from the anime, Revise introduced me to several gorgeous tracks, and one I really fell in love with (when he shared it around my birthday!) was this:

Spoiler:

The reason they're all covers is because I love listening to fan arrangements for variety! ♥
Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone.
But when all else has been forgotten, still our song lives on.
We'll hear our song and know once more...
Our love lives on.

( On reduced activity! )

LilyGardy

Lilligant Trainer

Female
Celadon Gym
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,134 posts
3.9 Years

My favourite Pokemon themes are (By Gen):

Gen 1.

The main title theme

My first Pokemon game was Blue. This theme sets the sense of adventure awaiting the player. Whilst this theme gas been remixed countless times the original version always makes me smile.

Gen 2

Gym Leader Johto theme

Johto has some of the best Gym Leaders in the series and this theme perfectly sets the mood.

Gen 3.

Slateport City theme

This is such a happy and whimsical theme. It captures the easygoing nature of Slateport which is where you are first introduced to Pokemon Contests.

Gen 4.

Cynthia's theme

The champions theme is suitably grand and sets the occasion. Many regard Cynthia as the best champion in the series and her theme is a big part of that.

Gen 5.

Unova Elite 4 theme

Such an intense theme and fits the group. Play during a Nuzlocke for extra intensity.

Honourable mentions - Colress' theme, Mistralton City theme, Iris' theme.

Gen 6.

The title theme

This might be cheating but it shows the evolution from the Gen 1 theme and I recall being very excited when playing X for the first time.

Gen 7.

Team Skull Admin theme

Whilst the in-game battles with Plumeria may be unremarkable the theme fits her perfectly. The theme is dark but not unusually so and shows the sense of frustration many Team Skull members have.

Honourable mentions - Champion theme
All Battle Tree Super Modes Complete
Advertiser Content