• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Consoles/Systems did you use most growing up?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Which consoles did you primarily use most?

From a very young age, I would say GameCube, but when my family received a Wii, I don't think I ever used one again.

So for me, the Wii was the biggest one. Although I typically used it for the Virtual Console. Also I really liked the Wii U, and mainly used that through-out high school.

Xbox 360 was one I used a lot, then not so much.

Last edited:
Years
My GBC and (Hey You, Pikachu!) N64 were my life. I played Pokémon on them both to death and it was one of my funnest childhood experiences. \o/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Gamecube and my Gameboy SP!! Gamecube was used a buuunch for Symphonia and the other games I had on it and of course I played hundreds and hundreds of hours on my Gameboy SP playing Pokemon and the like.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Nintendo Entertainment System** aka ** NES.

Super Mario Brothers **Original** + Tecmo Bowl = heaven LOL. Baseball Stars, Skyshark, Operation Wolf, Double Dribble, Tennis(eh its a game), Star Wars(that game was harder than you think), Contra and others I can't seem to remember were also present. Was blessed to get a SNES several years later with Super Mario World(best Mario game ever made bar none), A Link to the Past and other titles I'm too lazy to cite here. Then when we got N64 and 4 games(Ocarina of Time being one of them) I never got another console ever again(largely because I had discovered PC gaming).

Years
I really do miss coming home from school and gaming on my N64 and playing Jet Force Gemini and blowing up a bunch of bugs. Good times.

Pokemon Stadium 2 was also fun, but because I had zero idea how to transfer Pokemon, I kept having to use rentals to do like... anything in the game.

Gamecube was also another one. Smash Bros, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD, Pokemon Channel... those really were good times. I forgot what other games I had for the GC since those were the ones that I played the most, really.

I miss those times.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Gameboy Advance SP as well! I think my largest (physical) game collection to date by console would be the GBA generation. Even though it didn't come with a whole new generation of games since it's just a version of the GBA, it was a lot of "firsts" for Nintendo handhelds; the backlight, the clamshell design, the rechargeable battery. I loved that little thing so much.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Stuff in the Nintendo family just in general. I myself started with the Nintendo DS lite, but my grandma had an N64 that I played with quite a bit before I got my first DS, and my neighbors let me play their Gamecube and Gameboys a lot too before I got a DS.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Super Nintendo, Game Boy Color and the Game Boy SP (or something). Oh, and a Game Boy Advance! I've actually played a lot of Pokemon since Yellow as well, so I spent most of time with the original Game Boy until they came out with the color version of it.

God, I feel old. ;o;

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The early days it was the SNES with Super Mario World, TMNT IV, Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (to name a few) and the N64 with hours spent on Majora's Mask, Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing. Middle school days I think I spent more time on my PS2 than Gamecube, but both had a great library of games.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
well im 17, so im like in the middle line of grown up and still growing. But my first console was a PS2, actually stopped playing that and it got sold. think i stoped at about age of 6? cant remember exactly. (my memory sucks for specific things, it can remember general though, most times) Then I got a Wii, loved it for years, also sometime before i got the Wii U (near when it released) I got the Xbox 360, i actually never really got into it, played it on and off, but still kept playing the Wii and Wii U (got rid of the wii not long after i got Wii U). Then about a year ago (christmas of 2017) i got the xbox one, and just kept playing that, mainly due to im now in touch with my gamer side, and my parents back then controlled what i played 24/7 (by that mean i was resticted on games due to violence and stuff)
So from least played to most played:
PS2, NEW 3DS XL(got it for my birthday one year, about a couple years ago, and got it for pokemon, barely played), PSP (idek when and how i got this, think i was very young and stuff, still have it though), Xbox 360, Wii U, Xbox One, Wii

Years
Even though I have fond memories of playing the Sega Genesis as a kid, I probably put more time in video games once we got a Playstation, and then later a Playstation 2. I put a lot of hours into my GBA SP too, even though the only games I ever really had for it were Pokemon ones.

Years
In terms of playtime... the DS, the Wii and then the Nintendo 64. Completely reverse the order in terms of purchase, and there you go! I love all of these consoles and they have been the backbone of a marvellous childhood. And a lot of bribery. Tattling was dissuaded by making a kart emblem on Mario Kart DS. And the hours spent playing Smash Bros. Brawl was really scandalous.

Without those consoles, I probably wouldn't have done so well psychologically.

Back