• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want from the map of GTAVI

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
As I was hunting in Bayou NWA in RDR2, I got a notification on my phone about a GTA6 "leak" from some guy's resume. While the leak is most certainly fake, it naturally made me cross both games and thing about what features from the map of RDR2 and other modern open world games I'd want to see implemented and improved on in the map of GTAVI.

Red Dead 2 has a rich variety of terrains and environments that make up the world and offer a variety of challenges for player navigation and combat and there is a lot to learn for Rockstar about both what worked and what didnt.

What do people think should be taken and moved forward, or do you think GTA should stick to less diverse environments as seen in the last few games?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Just no more Liberty City. It's been done enough. I wouldn't mind visiting the map though, like was done in San Andreas. But I guess it's similar for me to how people feel about Kanto from Pokémon.

An expansion of VIce City would be okay, but I would rather see a new map. I would actually be okay with a new tropical themed map, and it doesn't have to be Vice City. I thought Guarma from Red Dead 2 was done well, even though I notice many don't share that opinion.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Just no more Liberty City. It's been done enough. I wouldn't mind visiting the map though, like was done in San Andreas. But I guess it's similar for me to how people feel about Kanto from Pokémon.

An expansion of VIce City would be okay, but I would rather see a new map. I would actually be okay with a new tropical themed map, and it doesn't have to be Vice City. I thought Guarma from Red Dead 2 was done well, even though I notice many don't share that opinion.

Well good news, Guarma is actually one of my inspirations for writing this thread, and has me torn between Vice City and a Hawaii inspired space.

If vice city was done, not only do I want the map to expand to the north (where it would have stereotypical southern forests and town(s) (I imagine similar Scarlett Meadows and Rhodes)) and to the west (Which would have stereotypical and completely incorrect swampy everglades (The everglades mission in Battlefield Hardline is a good example. Kind of baiyu-ish, and gator infested) but I want the map to expand south and west with some Caribbean-esque islands, preferably with spanish-themed towns and maybe a city on some of them. Plenty of dense jungle space obviously. This would give a lot of great environments for a nice long drawn out game!

Hawaii inspired setting would be cool too. I think it's a rather self-explanatory idea tho. Cities and towns around the outside, farms and jungle to the interior. Can have some themes of Asian crime spilling over.

GTAV's map is very empty, and I never really noticed that until we got portable bases and nowhere secluded to put them.

Back