• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Showsprite and Hidden

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
Hi, I'm having some confusions with the showsprite command and the Hidden movement type.
Whenever I use the showsprite command or the "Show" movement in an applymovement command the person event won't show, how can I show a person event if showsprite or show in applymovement won't work.

Video:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi, I'm having some confusions with the showsprite command and the Hidden movement type.
Whenever I use the showsprite command or the "Show" movement in an applymovement command the person event won't show, how can I show a person event if showsprite or show in applymovement won't work.

Video:

Hiya, movement types in the overworld aren't best used with the showsprite/hidesprite/applymovement commands in the way you're doing it. You'd be better off using flags in conjunction with hidesprite/showsprite - this post explains how to use them.

If you're still interested in how you can manipulate the movement types of a map object through scripts this post should point you in the right direction. I hope this helps =)

Back