• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions about Ash Ketchum for My Story Ideas

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2018
And even then writing isn't perfection.

Usually your first draft won't be the prized paper of a story you envision (I speak from experience) That's when others can give you feedback, some reflection over your work, edits, thinking more about the direction and all and you could come up with a well written story. A lot of great stories weren't written in on sitting and while we don't expect the next "Bleak House" it's important to not be afraid to have faults in writing. (I honestly should take my own advice sometime).

Noted, but I just have Trouble Describing something, due to my autism.

Bay

Years
Once again, you shouldn't keep being afraid to write prose because of autism. As Vragon said, your first drafts won't be perfect and here we can give feedback on how to improve. Heck, with my own current fanfic I would do a few drafts but then after I post it I would still get comments on stuff like language and description that needs improving. And you'll get better with describing with practice.

Now, get writing! =P

Last edited:

Vragon

Noted, but I just have Trouble Describing something, due to my autism.

That's why practice makes while not perfect, make experience and improvement. Look, I don't want to sound like "that guy", but the more you let you autism affect how you think you can write the more of an obstacle it will be. If you have trouble describing things, then try looking over how other due it and formulate your own thing. I can understand the difficulties in putting stuff on paper, but something to start on is better than nothing. Try researching some helpful writing tips in description and overall, draw out your style.

I can say that I also, have trouble speaking what I want to sometimes or writing it in a cringe worthy way. But there are peeps that you can ask for feedback, methods to the madness, and great stories to read in order to get a flow of style example.

Ultimately we can all day on hindrances, but my main is "what do you think you should do about it?" Autism doesn't mean you can't write well, it just means you have to find your own way to write well.

Last edited:
Back