• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
Wi-fi Battles.

Hello everyone! I would like to know if some people here knows how to, and if is up for some wi-fi battles with RBY-GSC roms?

I know there are a couple of simulators, but it's not the same. You know what I mean.

Currently, me and another 2 friends are making ingame teams. Train and battle with pokes that we just like, not THAT competitive and stallish stuff :)

Just in case, if someone is intererested and want more info about it, you can ask everything here. Also, my skype name is: depcyuzala.

Best regards.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Try this:

-Open VBALink
-Don't open the game
-Go to Options->Emulators->Save Type->Put a Tick on Flash 128k
-Go to Options->Emulators->Put a Tick on Pause when inactive window
-Then Go to Options->Link->Put a tick on Wireless Adapter
-Then ask your friend to do the same
-Then Go to Options->Link->Settings->Tick on Network not Single Computer(Single Computer if you want to trade with yourself )
-Then Again go to Options->Link->Settings->Server->Press Start
-You will see an IP Address in a box(Don't close the box till you are connected)
-Tell your friend to go to Options->Link->Settings->Client->And erase the word "localhost"
-Tell your friend the IP Address you see and write the IP Address where "localhost" was written and press Connect
-Both of you will be connected then :D
-Go to Pokemon Center and talk to the lady
-Choose Trade Pokemon/Battle or whatever

Source

This video is also helpful as well:

The user is using the Visual Boy Advance emulator. If neither of these don't work, then contact me by visitor message or private message and I'll do all that I can to help you out.

Years
Try this:

-Open VBALink
-Don't open the game
-Go to Options->Emulators->Save Type->Put a Tick on Flash 128k
-Go to Options->Emulators->Put a Tick on Pause when inactive window
-Then Go to Options->Link->Put a tick on Wireless Adapter
-Then ask your friend to do the same
-Then Go to Options->Link->Settings->Tick on Network not Single Computer(Single Computer if you want to trade with yourself )
-Then Again go to Options->Link->Settings->Server->Press Start
-You will see an IP Address in a box(Don't close the box till you are connected)
-Tell your friend to go to Options->Link->Settings->Client->And erase the word "localhost"
-Tell your friend the IP Address you see and write the IP Address where "localhost" was written and press Connect
-Both of you will be connected then :D
-Go to Pokemon Center and talk to the lady
-Choose Trade Pokemon/Battle or whatever

Source

This video is also helpful as well:

The user is using the Visual Boy Advance emulator. If neither of these don't work, then contact me by visitor message or private message and I'll do all that I can to help you out.

Haha, thanks but I already know how to wi-fi battle :) I was asking if someone is up for a match.

In any case, It's very funny and I think some people here would like to do it, specially those nostalgia lovers.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
In need of help with Pokemon Apollo

I have tried very hard and in many different ways to get Pokemon Apollo, a ROM Hack of Pokemon FireRed. I just can't seem to get it right. I have an iPhone 4S with GBA4iOS 2.0. I am really lost, and this ROM looks awesome. I would really love it if someone would help me with this predicament.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I have tried very hard and in many different ways to get Pokemon Apollo, a ROM Hack of Pokemon FireRed. I just can't seem to get it right. I have an iPhone 4S with GBA4iOS 2.0. I am really lost, and this ROM looks awesome. I would really love it if someone would help me with this predicament.

I moved your post over to this thread, questions regarding emulation of ROMs belong here.

You have to download a ROM of the pokémon game Apollo is based on (google for it, distribution of ROMs is illegal in the forums), and apply the patch you downloaded off the hack's thread on the ROM. If you don't know how to patch ROMs, check out the FAQ thread in the ROM Hacking section or simply google "how to patch ROMs".

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I moved your post over to this thread, questions regarding emulation of ROMs belong here.

You have to download a ROM of the pokémon game Apollo is based on (google for it, distribution of ROMs is illegal in the forums), and apply the patch you downloaded off the hack's thread on the ROM. If you don't know how to patch ROMs, check out the FAQ thread in the ROM Hacking section or simply google "how to patch ROMs".

Thanks for your help. Anyway, I have already tried patching Apollo to FireRed (the base.). I come out with a FireRed.BAK and that doesnt help out much.

I am having a VERY Hard time figuring this thing out. Ive watched videos and tried different programs, but nothing seems to work. IF someone could be super-mega-awesome and do this for me, it would be very greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I am having a VERY Hard time figuring this thing out. Ive watched videos and tried different programs, but nothing seems to work. IF someone could be super-mega-awesome and do this for me, it would be very greatly appreciated.

What kind of format is the patch file in? Is it IPS? You should either come out with a GBA file and a backup file, or just the normal Fire Red.GBA which will be patched, so if you run it it'll be Apollo.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Apollo is IPS, Fire Red is GBA, I used Lunar IPS to patch them, and it seemed to have worked. I loaded it into my phone and tried playing it. All I got was a white screen, as usual. For some reason all the ROMs appear as Notepads (I have windows 8) on my computer. This may be affecting something, but I can load all my other ROMs fine.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Apollo is IPS, Fire Red is GBA, I used Lunar IPS to patch them, and it seemed to have worked. I loaded it into my phone and tried playing it. All I got was a white screen, as usual. For some reason all the ROMs appear as Notepads (I have windows 8) on my computer. This may be affecting something, but I can load all my other ROMs fine.

Try downloading a different Fire Red ROM? If Apollo is a Fire Red hack, after applying the IPS patch the ROM should work fine.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Is there a way to transfer my desmume save to openemu (on mac)?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Pokemon dark rising hack john gba

Ok, I have this GBA emulator with all pokemon games. I Found this site with different sav. files but i don't know how to use them. So if anyone could please help me, and explain ho to use the sav. file i would really appreciate that. This is my last option... been looking for many hours

and its for a john gba emulator i need help please

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
i also need to know how to transfer .sav files to my visualboygba in my computer but i cant because it says they are unsupported i need help

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Feel free to ask any questions regarding Dark Rising in the Dark Rising thread. Any Emulation questions go in the stickied Emulation Questions thread.

Closed.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Fire Red hack DarkRising

I have dark rising on my emulator on my phone and it froze i need help to transfer my .sav files to my emulator on my computer im new here so idk if this will be closed soon or not so please comment when you can

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver

hey guys.
i hope i'm posting it in the right place..
ive been wanting to play pokemon HG/SS for a really long time. i've played all of the other pokemon games on PC emulators ( desdume. NO@gba and such) . i also play pokemon x on real 3 ds.
but the problem is that the only game which DOESNT work for me is pokemon soul silver/heart gold.
the screen sometimes gets dark or it's just lagging or freezing. i tired using codes and such but it just doesnt work.

so my question is- are these games ( pokemon HG/SS ) arent playable as roms?
if any1 knows a way to make it work please let me know? thanks alot
^_^

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
hey guys.
i hope i'm posting it in the right place..
ive been wanting to play pokemon HG/SS for a really long time. i've played all of the other pokemon games on PC emulators ( desdume. NO@gba and such) . i also play pokemon x on real 3 ds.
but the problem is that the only game which DOESNT work for me is pokemon soul silver/heart gold.
the screen sometimes gets dark or it's just lagging or freezing. i tired using codes and such but it just doesnt work.

so my question is- are these games ( pokemon HG/SS ) arent playable as roms?
if any1 knows a way to make it work please let me know? thanks alot
^_^
Any Emulation Questions belong in the stickied thread.

Merged.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Egglocke Help

Hey there everybody, how exactly can I put the eggs I received onto my rom save, along with items I want to cheat in? I see many people do egglockes but I don't know how to put the eggs onto my save. I looked it up and have found nothing.
Thanks in advance.

Back