The PokéCommunity Forums Off Topic Discussions The Underground
Day Superjolt's Vanilla Mafia - Day 1!

The Underground Underneath the surface lies a deep, dark secret. Hidden from plain sight is a forum dedicated to betrayal, justice, and, of course, murder...games! Welcome to PC's mafia game hub!

Old 1 Week Ago (11:41 PM). Edited 2 Days Ago by Superjolt.
The sharpest there is

Nature: Quiet
SUPERJOLT'S VANILLA MAFIA
(CSS totally not stolen from Bard who stole it from Gunner)

The town was quiet as a steady downpour of rain washed over; the streets were empty. The night was dark, save for the light of the faintly glowing streetlamps.

On the second floor of a nearby building, two shadowy figures were in a room that overlooked the street below. One sat behind a large desk, partially illumined by the dim light shining through the window from below, leaving his face obscured by the darkness. The other stood at the window, looking down at the street as he put on a hat and finished a cigarette. The man behind the desk reached for a fancy cigar and a match. His face was illuminated only for a moment as he lit the cigar. He let out a big puff of smoke. "Do you know what to do?" he said to the man standing at the window.

"Don't worry boss..." the man said, turning to pick up a gun off a nearby coffee stand. He held up the gun, checked to make sure it had enough bullets, cocked it, then tucked it inside his coat. "...this town will soon be ours."

Welcome to the game of Mafia! I'm Superjolt and I'll be your host!

What is mafia you ask? I'll explain!

For you new players out there, Mafia is a game where players are divided into two teams: the Town, and the Mafia. The Town is the uninformed majority, they don't know who the other members of the Town are, or who is Mafia. The Mafia is the informed minority, they know who the other members of the mafia are. The goal of the Town is to try and figure out which players are in the Mafia (and who isn't!) by voting to lynch players and remove them from the game. The Town wins when all members of the mafia are eliminated. Of course, the Mafia will also be in the mix trying to mislead the Town! The Mafia will kill other players during the Night Phase, their goal is to outnumber the Town in order to win.

The game is split into two phases: the Day Phase and the Night Phase! During the Day, the discussion begins in the thread. The Town players will discuss and try to figure out who is mafia (and who isn't) while the Mafia try to blend in and avoid getting caught. Everyone can cast a vote for a player in order to lynch them. At the end of the Day, the player with the most votes will be lynched and their alignment will be revealed to everyone. During the Night, players won't be able to talk in the thread. The Mafia then discuss in a private chat which player to kill. The player that gets killed will be revealed in the thread at the start of the next Day Phase.

Each player also receives a Role. Some players may be able to use special abilities during the Night Phase, depending on what role they have. These abilities can include investigating players to see if they are mafia, protecting a player from getting killed, or even blocking a player from using their ability (and more! See below for the list of roles)

ROLES AND SETUP

I thought it would be cool to introduce a couple of different roles! I think it should still (hopefully) be easy for newer players to understand.

There are 12 possible setups in the spoiler below, one will be randomly selected before the game begins (not every role exists in every setup). I've tried my best to keep things balanced (I'm not the best when it comes to balance), so if anything looks unbalanced or if there's any other concerns, please let me know!
Spoiler:
Possible Setups:

SETUP 1: Town Masons x2, Town Jailkeeper x1, Town Universal Backup x1, Vanilla Townie x7 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia Goon x2

SETUP 2: Town 2-Shot Commuter x1, Town Tracker x1, Town Bodyguard x1, Vanilla Townie x8 vs Mafia Goon x3

SETUP 3: Town Masons x2, Town Vigilante x1, Town Doctor x1, Vanilla Townie x7 vs Mafia Goon x3

SETUP 4: Town Even-Night Cop x1, Town Vigilante x1, Town Weapon Inspector x1, Vanilla Townie x8 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia Goon x2

SETUP 5: Town Cop x1, Bulletproof Townie x1, Town Bodyguard x1, Vanilla Townie x8 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia 1-Shot Strongman x1, Mafia Goon x1

SETUP 6: Town Cop x1, Town Doctor x1, Town Vigilante x1, Vanilla Townie x8 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia Goon x2

SETUP 7: Town Cop x1, Town 2-Shot Commuter, Town Jailkeeper x1, Vanilla Townie x8 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia Goon x2

SETUP 8: Town 2-Shot Commuter x1, Town Vigilante x1, Town Tracker x1, Bulletproof Townie x1, Vanilla Townie x7 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia 1-Shot Strongman x1 Mafia Goon x1

SETUP 9: Town Tracker x1, Town Jailkeeper x1, Town Universal Backup x1, Vanilla Townie x8 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia Goon x2

SETUP 10: Town Masons x2, Town Even-Night Cop x1, Town Vigilante x1, Town Weapon Inspector x1, Vanilla Townie x6 vs Mafia Goon x3

SETUP 11: Town Bodyguard x1, Town Weapon Inspector x1, Town Vigilante x1, Town Universal Backup x1, Vanilla Townie x7 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia Goon x2

SETUP 12: Town Cop x1, Town Doctor x1, Town Tracker x1, Vanilla Townie x8 vs Mafia Roleblocker x1, Mafia 1-Shot Strongman x1, Mafia Goon x1

SETUPS 1, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 12 also have a 50% chance of a Fool. If a Fool is added, it will replace a Vanilla Townie. (This will be randomly determined after a setup is selected, and before roles are assigned)

NOTE:
- Even-Night Cop investigates only on even-numbered nights, including Night 0
- Mafia will have the option to not kill if they choose.
- Mafia will choose which player makes the night kill
- Roleblocker takes precedence over Jailkeeper should that situation arise.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of possible roles in the game:

Town

Masons

Two players will be masons. Their identities are confirmed to each other at the start of the game. They will have access to a private chat where they can discuss things at all times.

Cop

Can investigate a player during the night to find out their alignment. The results they receive will either be Guilty (mafia) or Not Guilty (town).

Doctor

The doctor can choose a player to protect during the night. Any attempts to kill that player will fail. (The doctor cannot self-target).

Tracker

The tracker can target a player during the night. They will learn who that player visited during the night.

Vigilante

The vigilante can shoot a player during the night to kill them.

Weapon Inspector

During the night, the Weapon Inspector can check to see if a player possesses a weapon "in flavor". For this game, all members of the mafia, cops and vigilantes will return a guilty result to the inspector.

Bulletproof

This townie has a bulletproof vest that allows them to survive the first time they are targeted for a kill. They will not be informed if their vest is used up.

Commuter

During the night, the commuter can choose to "leave the town" for the night. When a player is commuting, they cannot be targeted by any actions during the night, including night kills. The amount of times they can commute is limited.

Bodyguard

Similar to the Doctor, the Bodyguard can guard a player during the night. However, if the player guarded by the Bodyguard is targeted for a kill, the Bodyguard will die in their place.

Jailkeeper

The Jailkeeper can target a player during the night. Their target will be protected, but they will also roleblock their target and prevent them from using any night actions.

Univseral Backup

The Universal Backup will inherit the role of the first town power role that dies in the game. For example, if the first role that dies is the Jailkeeper, they will become the Backup Jailkeeper and be able to use the Jailkeeper's abilities. If the Universal Backup dies before inheriting a role, they will be revealed as such, however if they die after inheriting a role, they will be revealed as a Backup of the role they inherited.

Vanilla Townie

Vanilla Townies have no special abilities, however they can still use their voice and their vote in the thread during the Day Phase and help find the mafia!

Mafia

Mafia Roleblocker

The roleblocker can target a player at night to prevent them from using their night action.

Mafia Strongman

Once in the game during the night, the Strongman can choose to make a strong-arm kill. This kill cannot be stopped by any means, it cannot be blocked, it will bypass protections and can even break through bulletproof vests. (Only the Commuter can avoid this kill while commuting).

Mafia Goon

Mafia Goons have no special abilities, but they can help their fellow mafia members in misleading the town! Goons can still carry out the mafia night kill.

Unaligned

Fool

The Fool is a role that is not aligned with the town or mafia. Their goal is to get themselves lynched. If they do, they will receive a solo win along with whatever team wins at the end. The Fool loses if they are night killed or survive until endgame. They will appear as "unaligned" on cop reports. (There is only a 50% chance of a Fool in certain setups).

RULES

❋ All PokéCommunity and Underground Rules apply!
❋ Remember, have fun! Discussion can get heated at times, but it's just a game, don't make things personal!
❋ All Day Phases will last at least 48 hours and all Night Phases will last at least 24 hours (or until all Night Actions are received, whichever comes first)
❋ Deadline extensions may be granted upon majority request.
❋ When voting for someone, please make sure to bold your vote!
[Vote] Player, [Lynch] Player
and [Kill] Player are all acceptable voting formats.
* You can change votes as many times as you want, at any time before the Day phase ends. It is helpful (though not required) to use [UNVOTE] when changing votes, it will make things easier when counting votes!
❋ All game discussion should be kept in this thread or respective private chats.
❋ Not voting for one (or more) day phases may result in replacement. (Making a post in order to avoid this rule will not count if it's the only post you make during the day phase)
❋ You may not post screenshots of Role PMs or quote from Role PMs directly. When sharing anything about your role or any other information you've received, you must paraphrase!
❋ If you are lynched or killed, you are dead and may no longer post! You will be allowed one deathpost, but it can't contain any information about the game.
❋ Posting in the thread during the Night Phase is not allowed! Doing so may result in your elimination from the game.
❋ All night actions should be sent to me via PM or on Discord. If you are abstaining from using a night action, you should still let me know. If I do not receive a night action from you before the deadline, you will simply miss the chance to use your action for that night, no exceptions!
❋ Abstaining from voting will not be allowed, you must vote for someone!
❋ If you know you will be busy or otherwise inactive for an extended period, please let me know! (If it's going to be more than a few days, you may want to request a replacement)

If you have any questions, you can PM me or message me on Discord (Superjolt#9567)!

THE PLAYERS

Priority will be given to players that have never played mafia in the UG before! This game will have a max of 14 players.
Superjolt as the Game Master

Salzorrah
Bardothren
Pecilia
Who's Kiyo?
Abby
Melody
Johnny
Aquacorde
Michelaar
Zapmolticuno
EvilCharmeleon
Mawa
Nero
Lucario

"This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off."

Bidoof Island Mafia Age of Demons

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (4:46 AM).
The Dancing Pokémon
PokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Mild
I'm in unless we get a lot of new people, gotta make sure there's room for them.
Old 1 Week Ago (5:12 AM).
i used to believe...

Nature: Sassy
I'll join :x
b e a u t i f u l

The Underground
#Guncron
#Winner
sig credit
Old 1 Week Ago (6:01 AM).
Muddling along somehow

Count me in!

Don't mind me, I'll just be lurking in the shadows over here.

My fanfics:

Through the Scope (pretty bad)

Through the Aura (somewhat tolerable)

Through the Darkness (getting better)

Sleepy Chateau (a Halloween collab with Bay)

Also, come check out the Underground
for some fun, laughs, and murder!
Old 1 Week Ago (6:35 AM).
Death Bunnies

Nature: Modest
Let me in please.

|Have a Read (Broken)|
Old 1 Week Ago (6:38 AM).
coming out in amazing 3D graphics!!

Nature: Quirky
Love random set-ups! Count me in.
Old 1 Week Ago (7:21 AM).
y a w n

Nature: Quirky
I'll join for now, but if we need someone to drop out for newbies, I don't mind

"I'M A LITERAL STOMACH!"

#Actuallygetsgoodmoves
Poison Bag Pokémon!

The Underground Challenges The Playground Pokémon Trivia
Old 1 Week Ago (8:44 AM).
♥ Hugging You, that's what friends do!~ ♥

Nature: Naughty
I want in!

Old 1 Week Ago (8:51 AM).
Comfortably Numb

Nature: Hasty
Same as GP and Abby.

Old 1 Week Ago (10:17 AM).
-- don't you dare look back

Nature: Bold
yooo
Old 1 Week Ago (10:31 AM).
Je Suis L'Belle

Nature: Lonely
I'll join
Old 1 Week Ago (5:15 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Zapmolticuno.

I see this as a chance for me getting a little cooperative.
Old 1 Week Ago (1:21 PM).
The sharpest there is

Just a few more spots left!

"This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off."

Old 6 Days Ago (5:38 PM).
Just call me EC.

Nature: Jolly
I'll join, sure. Like to be in one game at all times.
Old 4 Days Ago (8:22 PM).
The sharpest there is

I hate to sound impatient, but since this still isn't full and there's no other active games currently running, gonna see if I can drag some people in here with quote notifications...

Just need 2 more to start! Of course, if there's any new players that are interested, they can still hop in!
Spoiler:
I just picked people randomly to quote lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiicked View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKrow View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoof FTW View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Kaz View Post
-

Old 4 Days Ago (8:45 PM).
The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
Eh. Do you take any newbie?

~ Hello People ~
Old 4 Days Ago (8:48 PM).
The sharpest there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawa View Post
Eh. Do you take any newbie?
Of course! Welcome!

Old 4 Days Ago (9:26 PM).
The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjolt View Post
Of course! Welcome!
Thanks!

First time ever soo..... sorry.

~ Hello People ~
Old 4 Days Ago (12:19 AM).
Contributing nothing to the thread

Nature: Relaxed
I'm still pretty new, gimme a crack! Erm, please, that is.
Old 4 Days Ago (7:43 AM).
The aura guardian awakens....

Nature: Relaxed
I'll join, I'm new to mafia so I bet I don't win

LUCARIO

Old 4 Days Ago (8:59 AM).
The sharpest there is

Ok looks like that's about it for signups! Are you okay sitting out so Lucario can play GP?

I'll get things started in a few hours :)

Old 4 Days Ago (9:00 AM).
The Dancing Pokémon
PokéCommunity Daily Staff

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjolt View Post
Ok looks like that's about it for signups! Are you okay sitting out so Lucario can play GP?

I'll get things started in a few hours
That's fine with me.
Old 3 Days Ago (7:41 PM). Edited 3 Days Ago by Superjolt.
The sharpest there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmepie View Post
That's fine with me.
Thanks GP

A setup has been randomly selected. Role PMs going out now, so sit tight! The post for Night 0 will follow shortly!

As always, if there's any questions feel free to ask

EDIT: All Role PMs should be out now! If you didn't get a Role PM or if I made any mistakes please let me know!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardothren View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzorrah View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecilia View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's Kiyo? View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquacorde View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelaar View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmolticuno View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChameleon View Post
-
Quote:
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
-

Old 3 Days Ago (9:24 PM).
The sharpest there is

Night Zero

The downpour of rain continued, the night felt ominous.

Two individuals stood just inside a doorway in a back alley, trying to avoid the rain as they waited for a third companion to arrive. One of them sighed, pulled out a match and a cigarette, and lit it. Moments later, a vehicle pulled up through the alley, and the driver motioned for the other two to get in. They got in, and the three of them looked at each other silently for a moment. They knew what they were going to do. The vehicle pulled slowly out of the alley, headlights off, and quietly went down the street.

It was time to strike fear into the heart of this town. Soon, the town would be in chaos, and they were going to take full advantage of it.

The game begins...

It is now Night Zero! All night actions are due via PM or Discord in 24 hours (around Midnight, EST)

Remember, no posting in the thread until the Night is over!

RULES

❋ All PokéCommunity and Underground Rules apply!
❋ Remember, have fun! Discussion can get heated at times, but it's just a game, don't make things personal!
❋ All Day Phases will last at least 48 hours and all Night Phases will last at least 24 hours (or until all Night Actions are received, whichever comes first)
❋ Deadline extensions may be granted upon majority request.
❋ When voting for someone, please make sure to bold your vote!
[Vote] Player, [Lynch] Player
and [Kill] Player are all acceptable voting formats.
* You can change votes as many times as you want, at any time before the Day phase ends. It is helpful (though not required) to use [UNVOTE] when changing votes, it will make things easier when counting votes!
❋ All game discussion should be kept in this thread or respective private chats.
❋ Not voting for one (or more) day phases may result in replacement. (Making a post in order to avoid this rule will not count if it's the only post you make during the day phase)
❋ You may not post screenshots of Role PMs or quote from Role PMs directly. When sharing anything about your role or any other information you've received, you must paraphrase!
❋ If you are lynched or killed, you are dead and may no longer post! You will be allowed one deathpost, but it can't contain any information about the game.
❋ Posting in the thread during the Night Phase is not allowed! Doing so may result in your elimination from the game.
❋ All night actions should be sent to me via PM or on Discord. If you are abstaining from using a night action, you should still let me know. If I do not receive a night action from you before the deadline, you will simply miss the chance to use your action for that night, no exceptions!
❋ Abstaining from voting will not be allowed, you must vote for someone!
❋ If you know you will be busy or otherwise inactive for an extended period, please let me know! (If it's going to be more than a few days, you may want to request a replacement)

If you have any questions, you can PM me or message me on Discord (Superjolt#9567)!

THE PLAYERS

Superjolt as the Game Master

ALIVE

Salzorrah
Bardothren
Pecilia
Who's Kiyo?
*Abby
Melody
*Johnny
Aquacorde
Michelaar
Zapmolticuno
EvilCharmeleon
Mawa
Nero
Lucario

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardothren View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzorrah View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecilia View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's Kiyo? View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquacorde View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelaar View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmolticuno View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChameleon View Post
-
Quote:
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
-

Old 2 Days Ago (8:41 PM).
The sharpest there is

The Night Phase ends in roughly ~25 minutes.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links