The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Resource Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Old February 17th, 2017 (7:21 AM).
The Unbelivable

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreak890 View Post
Alright so I know I haven't updated this in a long time but I have some news that you guys may like to hear so I have heard that NewDenverCity is working on a fire red version of the emerald battle engine once that is ready for us the public to use I might pick up where I left off and continue this rombase to include seventh gen mons as well

Interesting

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:22 AM).

So... I'm new here, and I am making a Rom Hack. There are certain trainers in the game (Gym Leaders; Elite 4; Rival) that I want to use a Mega Evolution on. Can I have a quick rundown on how to make the opponent use megas?
Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:11 PM).
The One that will make everything great

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon3dx View Post
So... I'm new here, and I am making a Rom Hack. There are certain trainers in the game (Gym Leaders; Elite 4; Rival) that I want to use a Mega Evolution on. Can I have a quick rundown on how to make the opponent use megas?
Alright so in the trainer editor what I would do was give the trainer the mega ring item and have the Pokémon hold the required mega stone and then I would battle Giovanni and his swampert would mega evolve that's how it would work in my hack but the issue I always had for some reason is that it would always have the first mon mega evolve and if I put the mon I wanna mega evolve towards the end it wouldn't mega evolve at all which was strange. So try what I said above and see if you can get it to mega evolve and report back to me
Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:55 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefreak890 View Post
Alright so in the trainer editor what I would do was give the trainer the mega ring item and have the Pokémon hold the required mega stone and then I would battle Giovanni and his swampert would mega evolve that's how it would work in my hack but the issue I always had for some reason is that it would always have the first mon mega evolve and if I put the mon I wanna mega evolve towards the end it wouldn't mega evolve at all which was strange. So try what I said above and see if you can get it to mega evolve and report back to me
Found out the issue. apparently normal trainers can't use Mega Evolutions. That kinda sucks because I want to have a few normal trainers to utilixe Megas. I found an issue where a Pokemon mega evolves but doesn't change it's sprite.
Old 1 Week Ago (2:18 PM).

Okay, now I'm finding MORE Problems.

-For no absolute reason, G3HS, Advance Sprite, and the game cannot read Rowlet's (Which I added in), Whimsicotts, and Mega Charizard X's Backsprites, saying "The Data is not LZZ Compressed!, HTE Also does not see the sprites, listing them as Invalid Sprite.

-(already stated) Mega Evolution for Normal Trainers (Example: Bug Catcher Sammy in Viridian Forest) is impossible, (Also using a Mega on a gym leader only worked once, now it doesn't do it, even with the highest AI)

-Pokemon Editor in PGE will stop working if I go onto a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve (Such as Venusaur) (Maybe this was reported before)

-Newest Version of PGE (The One with the Trainer Editor) cannot read The Rom, even with the INIs edited.

I really hope these things can be fixed in the next version
Old 1 Week Ago (5:41 PM).
The One that will make everything great

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon3dx View Post
Okay, now I'm finding MORE Problems.

-For no absolute reason, G3HS, Advance Sprite, and the game cannot read Rowlet's (Which I added in), Whimsicotts, and Mega Charizard X's Backsprites, saying "The Data is not LZZ Compressed!, HTE Also does not see the sprites, listing them as Invalid Sprite.

-(already stated) Mega Evolution for Normal Trainers (Example: Bug Catcher Sammy in Viridian Forest) is impossible, (Also using a Mega on a gym leader only worked once, now it doesn't do it, even with the highest AI)

-Pokemon Editor in PGE will stop working if I go onto a Pokemon that can Mega Evolve (Such as Venusaur) (Maybe this was reported before)

-Newest Version of PGE (The One with the Trainer Editor) cannot read The Rom, even with the INIs edited.

I really hope these things can be fixed in the next version
Okay for the first issue what is the offset of the rowlet sprite it has to end in 0,4,8 or C and for the ones that say LZZ compressed that just means that you have to insert the sprite again but in a different offset that has 0,4,8 or C at the end

For the second issue I know of this issue already but currently I don't know how to resolve it

The third issue PGE will crash on a mega because not all of the data is included for the Megas such as move data or pokedex data etc. so you just need to add those in PGE and then it shouldn't crash
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links