• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Have you gotten used to the acronym 'SwSh'?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
As for acronyms, I tend to use Sw/Sh (slashes included), even though I prefer to use their longer name, Sword/Shield more often.

pkmin3033

No, and I absolutely refuse to use it, because I can't bloody stand it.

I use "SnS" because I play too much Monster Hunter for my own good. xD

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I actually do prefer 'SwSh', I just simply use SS because it's convenient and I always do first letter of the game's names (there are some exceptions though)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I started typing it as SwSh really easily, but when speaking offline I say Sword and Shield, haha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
SwSh (which I pronounce "swish") rolls off the tongue easily, so it's caught on fairly well for me. I had more trouble getting used to SuMo (though there are reasons why avoiding an S/M acronym, my first inclination for those, was good idea).

SwSh also works in that elements of the games are "swishing" past and missing the mark (e.g., Dexit and other issues).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It's not how I abbreviated them originally, but I converted to using it some time ago. It's what most people use, so I might as well use it too just for consistency/understanding

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
I like SwSh. It's quick and easy to type and in my head I pronounce it "swish". Even though irl I just say "Sword and Shield" lol

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
SnS is much more sense than SwSh when you said it, it be like Swish than SwSh

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Yeah it's fine. I liked SnS because it humored the inner Monster Hunter fan inside me, but SwSh is fine too

Giliforge

haha funnny!!!1!
Years
SwSh (which I pronounce "swish") rolls off the tongue easily, so it's caught on fairly well for me. I had more trouble getting used to SuMo (though there are reasons why avoiding an S/M acronym, my first inclination for those, was good idea).

SwSh also works in that elements of the games are "swishing" past and missing the mark (e.g., Dexit and other issues).

I also pronounce it "swish". Didn't even notice the missing the mark thing, that's hilarious!

Back