• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] New

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
Pv3lQDN.png

Hi, this is New, it's a game I made out of loneliness, boredom, fear of the future, and pain from the past. It was made in RPGMaker.

DOWNLOAD
Here is the link to the Game Jolt page:
https://gamejolt.com/games/new/404128

Any missing .dll files? You can download them here:
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

Download the run time package for RPG Maker XP. Thank you. (This is the official RPG Maker website, so it's safe.)

VIDEO
First and foremost, here is a video preview:
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS
And here are some screenshots:
Spoiler:

If you're still interested:
INTRO
New is a creative outlet I've been working on slowly over the past year. I think of it as a journal in video game form -- unfortunately, it hasn't been a very good year so there aren't many happy entries.
In fact, the past 5-7 years haven't been that good. Well, to be completely honest, I don't remember a time I was consistently happy except for a few months 11 years ago.

Every hour of spring ambiance, every winter you spent in your cold room, every listless summer, day and night, over and over, the same noises and smells, the same otherworldly experience that these blend together to cause... that's this game.

Or, that's what I tried to do, anyway.

DESIGN
There is a hub world and 4 other worlds you can visit, SM64 style.

I used a lot of writings from various games I've worked on in the past, as well as revamped areas. It's cool to me because I got to use map designs from long before I ever even attempted to make a game. When these maps were just drawings on a notepad...

I'm a big Pokémon fan, so there is a world dedicated to that too.

MUSIC
I put a lot of time into searching for the perfect music/sounds for every situation, and for the most part I'm happy with that. Some places have ambiance I recorded myself, which I really like because it's my hope that if you hear what I hear, you'll feel how I felt.
I can provide a YouTube playlist/link to any song if requested.

CONCLUSION
I don't think it'll happen, but I poured my deepest feelings into this garbage, so I hope someone gets something out of it. If not, well, it's out there.
One person enjoyed it, so I have all that I could ask for.

Anyway, please consider giving it a try.

FAQ
Q: How long is the game?
A: Took me about 2 hours, but I know all the ins and outs, so anywhere from 4-8 hours to be safe.

Q: Is the game finished?
A: Yes.

Q: What are your plans for this game?
A: It depends how my life goes. I want to continue, and I definitely have enough ideas, but j'en ai marre d'en avoir marre -- I'm fucking sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm tired of regret and apprehension from a life I've barely lived, and a future I don't even know yet.

Q: Why call it New?
A: It feels like a lonely word. An adjective without its noun. And new things can be scary, unfamiliar. As new things come, the old ones die. Friends, lovers, especially. So, New.

I am here for you if you have any other concerns.

CREDITS
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
can not paly the game says missing a dll. How do we get it the file is rsgg02e.dll

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2020
I finally got around to reuploading this. All the files should be there now, let me know if there are still any problems.

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
---------------------------
New
RGSS102E.dll could not be found.

OK
is the error i am getting with the new download and the old one. still cannot pla the game

Back