• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obedience and Disobedient!!

Years
Oh hello everyone!

Unfortunately I can not find anything about it other than the basics. That this system only works for exchanged pokémons. However, people who played POKEMON REBORN know that there is a way to make pokémons captured by the trainer disobey if you do not have the correct number of badges.

EXAMPLE:

0 Badge = 20 maxlevel
1 Badge = 30 maxlevel
2 Badge = 40 maxlevel
I think you understand.

Is there any way to make this true for all pokémons?
There is little left for me to present my project, but without it the proposal of my project will be in vain ..

I really need some help, please somebody!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
1. Hit Ctrl+Shift+F - Search bar oppens
2. Enter/Insert the following
@pokemon.isForeign?(@battle.pbPlayer)
there should be only one result in PokeBattle_Battler
3.Swap
@level>badgelevel
with
@pokemon.isForeign?(@battle.pbPlayer)
your line now should look like this
if @level>badgelevel && @pokemon.isForeign?(@battle.pbPlayer)
4. put a # right in front of
&& @pokemon.isForeign?(@battle.pbPlayer)
that marks it as a comment and it appears in green
5. Apply changes
6.Done!

Edit: All > have to be replaced with the bigger than symbol
all & are to be replaced with the and symbol
sorry for the inconvenience :/

Technically you could as well delete that part, but I think it's better to keep just in case. But that's just my personal opinion.

Years
Ooh, thanks for the help!

Turns out I'm pretty dumb for scripts and I sort of understood a little of what you meant. However I will not know how to do it if you just send the codes. is it possible for you to take a screeshot of the already modified script? So I can change the necessary.

(I'm using Essentials 16.2)

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Ooh, thanks for the help!

Turns out I'm pretty dumb for scripts and I sort of understood a little of what you meant. However I will not know how to do it if you just send the codes. is it possible for you to take a screeshot of the already modified script? So I can change the necessary.

(I'm using Essentials 16.2)

I can do that as soon as I'm on my pc again

Years
I tried to make the modifications, but unfortunately it did not work.

Well, I'll be waiting. Once again thank you for your effort to help me!

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
That's what it should loook like:
obediencebeu0h.jpg

Years
I did exactly as it is in your image.
But this happened: PokeBattle_Battler ? 2255 ??? syntaxerro?

EDIT:

I looked again and I had missed the signal "&" lol..

It worked in parts. The pokemon only emits the message "disobey" but continue to use the moves normally. Is there no way to make it more rigid?

Last edited:
Years
Well, there it is.
A message appears stating that the Pokémon is disobeying. But he still accepts the order, example: Use confusion "message: ignored orders!" However he still uses the movement I choose (confusion in the example)

TLV95QB.png

Last edited:

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
I can't replicate the problem.
Can you put up the whole script begining with
Code:
def pbObedienceCheck?(choice)
and all the way down to the end in line 2512 right before the net def starts

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
So I compared your script, but I can't find anything wrong with it. It should work. Often, when the message "(Pokemon) ignored orders!" appears it just uses the move anyways, since a random one is selected and chances are that it happens to be the same.

Then again i find it weird that it says "Message: ignored orders!". You could try and find all the lines with messages like this
Code:
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} ignored orders!",pbThis))
and when there's a
Code:
pbThis
change it to
Code:
self.pbThis
But I'm not quite sure if it will work or fix it.
Another thing you could do is activate the BattleDebugLog via the Debug Menu in game, then have a battle and look at what it says there.

Years
It may be that the "chance" of the Pokémon actually disobeys the order. Why did some "rare" times of the pokemon display the message and refuses to attack "for real".

So I asked if there is a way to make it more "rigid" or just make the Pokemon sleep in battle, so the problem would be easy to solve.

4z17DHt.png

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
It may be that the "chance" of the Pokémon actually disobeys the order. Why did some "rare" times of the pokemon display the message and refuses to attack "for real".

So I asked if there is a way to make it more "rigid" or just make the Pokemon sleep in battle, so the problem would be easy to solve.

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what exactly it is that you want to do or want to have. Can you explain it again, please?

Years
Is there any way to make the Pokémon get the negative status "SLEEP" in battle if the level exceeds the number of badges?

This way it will be better to avoid that the Pokémon that exceeds the allowed level, do some action in battle

Ego13

hollow_ego
Years
Is there any way to make the Pokémon get the negative status "SLEEP" in battle if the level exceeds the number of badges?

This way it will be better to avoid that the Pokémon that exceeds the allowed level, do some action in battle

Weell I change the code so that, as soon as the Pokemon exceeds the allowed level, it will go to sleep. It will however make a move right after it woke up and take a nap the turn after that again.

So first for the old script. Rename it in
Code:
pbObedienceCheck?2(choice)
this way it wo't be used, but you still have it saved.

then right above it, paste the new code. I put in a .txt file so it will be displayed correctly.

Attachments

• Sleep Disobey.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 10
Back