• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Please let me know if this fixes the issue with loading the ROMs.ini (if not, the error message should be a little more verbose).

I still get the error message

Unable to load ROMS.ini:
Method not found '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.

Windows 8.1 so maybe it's different for 10.

Years
Ok so i seem to be having a slight problem opening the program. whenever i try to open the progam it gives me "Unable to load ROMS.ini" then it just crashes. Im on windows 8.1 64 bit and Ive tried versions 1.4 and 1.3.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Ok so i seem to be having a slight problem opening the program. whenever i try to open the progam it gives me "Unable to load ROMS.ini" then it just crashes. Im on windows 8.1 64 bit and Ive tried versions 1.4 and 1.3.

Make sure you have the latest .NET framework installed on your machine. That seems to be what's causing it to crash for other people.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Can I make a suggestion? Can you maybe add an import all function? I'm sure this is something people will find useful. I haven't had time to add it to PGE.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
So, I decided to add Alolan Pokemon into my Rom Hack, and since I'm going to import the cries, I downloaded this, Since I'm going to export Raichu's cry and Import it onto Alolan Raichu, I thought this would have been easy... turns out after I edited the INI the Editor won't let me Import or Export Cries. Is there any way I can fix this?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
So, I decided to add Alolan Pokemon into my Rom Hack, and since I'm going to import the cries, I downloaded this, Since I'm going to export Raichu's cry and Import it onto Alolan Raichu, I thought this would have been easy... turns out after I edited the INI the Editor won't let me Import or Export Cries. Is there any way I can fix this?

It won't let you import/export any cries at all? What changes did you make to the INI?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
It won't let you import/export any cries at all? What changes did you make to the INI?

I have the modified INI Right here:

Spoiler:

I'm using this patch that adds in all Pokemon up to Gen 6 (ORAS Megas and Primals included).

Years
After inserting the cries with this tool, PGE gives me the error "Arguement 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value." , can anyone help

This only seems to be a problem with the Pokemon Editor in PGE.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
After inserting the cries with this tool, PGE gives me the error "Arguement 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value." , can anyone help

This only seems to be a problem with the Pokemon Editor in PGE.

PGE occasionally gives this error if the cries are compressed. Keep them uncompressed.

Also, cries don't actually play ingame if they're written to an offset that doesn't end in 0, 4, 8, or C. The program should probably only suggest those offsets for free space.

Years
PGE occasionally gives this error if the cries are compressed. Keep them uncompressed.

Also, cries don't actually play ingame if they're written to an offset that doesn't end in 0, 4, 8, or C. The program should probably only suggest those offsets for free space.
I did this but it still gives me the error.... BTW I have been using the 'Free Space Finder' tool and not Cry Editor's built-in one. So could that be a problem?

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Want to use this to rip some cries for a game im working on but the program says it can't find the ROMs.ini file every time i try to open it. Am i doing something wrong?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022

A Cry Editor (needs a catchy name)

I've created a simple tool to easily allow the editing of cries in the 3rd generation games. Pretty straightforward. The tool is currently usable but is definitely still in development.

Features

• Import/export cries as WAV files.
  • Cries can be saved compressed or uncompressed.
  • Repoints a cry only when it needs to, and overwrites the old cry with freespace.
  • Should update growl table as well as cry table.
  • Correctly loads Hoenn Pok?mon.
  • Cry playback.

A note about the compression (read more here): because of how the compression format works, the range of sound a cry can have is limited compared to the uncompressed format. When importing a new cry, compressing it can lead to the sound quality being lowered/sounding odd. Unless you're sure it will sound correct, be sure to save imported cries as NOT compressed.

Spoiler:

Screens

Spoiler:

Downloads

Latest Release: Here
Latest ROMs.ini: Here

Make sure you have the latest .NET Framework (4.6.2) installed on your machine.
Im trying to edit the cries on 7 gen, everything works fine, but when I reach the pokemon number 825 I cant add more cries, I mean, I cant clic on import or export, do you know why?

Back