• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rotom

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
479.png
479s.png
479f.png
479h.png
479m.png
479w.png

Rotom is a Ghost/Electric type pokemon that's introduced in the D/P/Pl games, in which you'd usually find one in one of those T.V.s in the Old Chateau. Now, Rotom is generally an interesting pokemon, since it has the power to become different appliances, with 5 different states or formes. On Gen 4, those formes used to be part ghost, part another type (other than electric). Those types were fixed as of Gen V, as the formes taken off their ghost type, and stuck to their Electric typing along with their own individual type.

The formes also all have their own 'signature move' that represents their applicance, so to speak! At any rate, here are all the formes:

479.png

This is Rotom's normal forme. It's a Ghost/Electric type that has a BST of 440! To compare it's stats with the rest of the formes:

Normal Rotom: Hp: 50 Att: 50 Def: 77 Sp.Atk: 95 Sp.Def: 77 Speed :91
Heat, Wash, Frost, Fan, and Mow Rotom: Hp: 50 Att: 65 Def: 107 Sp.Atk: 105 Sp.Def: 107 Speed: 86

479-t.png

This is Rotom's Heat Form, or just Heat Rotom. It's a Fire/Electric Type that is able to learn Overheat!

479-w.png

Here we have Rotom's Wash Form, or just Wash Rotom. It's a Water/Electric Type that is able to learn Hydro Pump!

479-i.png

This little one is Rotom's Frost Form, or just Frost Rotom. It's a Ice/Electric Type that is able to learn Blizzard!

479-f.png

Here we have Rotom's Fan Form, aka Fan Rotom. It's a Flying/Electric Type that is able to learn Air Slash!

479-l.png

Finally, this is Rotom's Mow Form, or Mow Rotom. It's a Grass/Electric Type that is able to learn Leaf Storm~!

So! Judging from all of this, which Rotom forme would be your favourite (including the normal forme), and if you've used one before, how has it served you in battle? Feel free to share anything. :3

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Rotoms heat form is actually on my usum competitive team. But back in gen 4 I could never find the ways to change his form... Anyway I always thought he was a really cool pokemon, and the way you got him made sense. he really is one of the best.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
The normal form is my favorite and I've never used a Rotom in my team before.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
totally thought it was a legendary back when I first played Gen 4

you have to do something a little special to encounter it ("little special" as in, it doesn't just show up in the grass whenever) and iirc you can only catch one

but it's not actually considered a legendary Pokemon

btw, Air Balloon Rotom-Fan is the mightiest thing in existence

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Wash and Heat Rotom were always my favourite to use; they look kinda cool and have some really good use (at least competitively)! I used to really enjoy their ghost typing; it made things quite useful in terms of Spin-blocking or just general blocking fighting attacks.

btw, Air Balloon Rotom-Fan is the mightiest thing in existence

Aha do you remember it from random battles from showdown?

Last edited:
Years
it was kinda weird how Game Freak made us go through something special to encounter Rotom in a way you would encounter a legendary but yet it isn't a legendary.

but the competitive battler inside me from years back prefers rotom-wash. :o

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Now Rotom is cool. I used its base form in Platinum. I'm glad they made it available for the main story in that game.

Years
Rotom (regular form) is on my to-use list and it's moving up each day. Now that I think about that, I'm looking for Electric-Type for my Time Warp Challenge. Hmmm...

But I HATE its forms. Especially Wash Form because of how it was overused in competitive battles.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Regular form is by far the cutest! Otherwise, I've always been fond of Mow Rotom in terms of design. :D

Wash is probably the most aggravating one to come across in random battles, hahaha. Especially when you're in a pinch! But like Nah mentioned, Fan Rotom with an Air Balloon is a beast. :b

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
I adore Regular Rotom the best. It's simplicity wins.

I also find Rotom Fan with levitate funny among others. I think Rotom Wash was most useful to me competitively.

Back