• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Comet

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Pok?mon Comet

title1.png

Loudon is a small, tranquil region where people from Kalos come to take a break from their busy lives. However, it seems like this peace is disrupted when Team Galactic, believed to be disbanded nine years ago, resurfaces to pick up some unfinished business.

title_2.png

Play as Connor or Madison as you travel in the vibrant, fun and adventurous region that is Loudon. Each and every area in the game was carefully crafted to take you back to the late 2000?s and feel like you?re playing on your DS again. Discover the Loudon Region in all of its nostalgic glory, as well as some places you might recognize!

title3.png

The Loudon Region completely consists of migrated Pok?mon species. See which species have adapted to life in the small region and catch them all!

The player will be aided by Loudon Native Professor Olive. She has selected three trusted companions to join you on your journey; Chikorita, Charmander and Oshawott!

Project leader
Spriting, tiling, mapping, eventing, storywriting
Dewitty

Coding
GUI development, bug fixes
Marin

Pok?mon Essentials
Maruno
Flameguru
Poccil

pokemonfangames.net
Klein Studio

Ultimate Battle System
Luka S.J.
Maruno
dragonniteEli
lilatraube
Pokecheck.org
redblueyellow

Special thanks to
DaybreakM
Cilerba
SailorVicious

Last edited:

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
The game seems neat and hopefully is as colorful as it seems. Good luck with it the game looks great.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
F ultra sun and moon, this is what i've been waiting for out of a pokemon game although some fakemon wouldn't hurt so i hope maybe y'all can change your mind about that if they're not already planned for this game??

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
hey am working on a game pokemon chosen I don't mind helping as a spriter in return can u teach me how u got the layout I need that type of thing

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
What can I say? Everything looks fantastic! All of the graphics, whether they be OW or UI, are extremely polished and fit right in with the overall gen.4 aesthetic. The maps themselves also look well done, and have enough new, unique elements to make me want to explore them.

My only criticism would be, how you seem to be integrating the concept of the game. For example, the aim of the game seems to be a visit back to gen.4 with a heavy reliance on Sinnoh, but then the starters and dex are just a bunch of random pokemon from other dexes.

Personally I'd suggest doing all Sinnoh starters again. Because, it's been a fair while since we've seen them, and while it's just my opinion, I've never been a fan of the "mixed" generational starter idea. At the very least, I'd do a mix of johto and sinnoh starters, to get the gen.4 feeling across.

But yeah, that's my only gripe, the overall package looks fantastic though. Good luck!

The Dewitty

Years
The game seems neat and hopefully is as colorful as it seems. Good luck with it the game looks great.
Thank you!

F ultra sun and moon, this is what i've been waiting for out of a pokemon game although some fakemon wouldn't hurt so i hope maybe y'all can change your mind about that if they're not already planned for this game??
Fakemon are such a hassle, though. We're talking like 100 designs that all have to be designed, sprited (front, back, icon, overworld), provided w/ stats, and more! That would significantly slow down the process of the game. Glad you like it though!

hey am working on a game pokemon chosen I don't mind helping as a spriter in return can u teach me how u got the layout I need that type of thing
Hey, we don't need any spriters, thanks! Look into CSS, that's the coding language I used for this layout.

What can I say? Everything looks fantastic! All of the graphics, whether they be OW or UI, are extremely polished and fit right in with the overall gen.4 aesthetic. The maps themselves also look well done, and have enough new, unique elements to make me want to explore them.

My only criticism would be, how you seem to be integrating the concept of the game. For example, the aim of the game seems to be a visit back to gen.4 with a heavy reliance on Sinnoh, but then the starters and dex are just a bunch of random pokemon from other dexes.

Personally I'd suggest doing all Sinnoh starters again. Because, it's been a fair while since we've seen them, and while it's just my opinion, I've never been a fan of the "mixed" generational starter idea. At the very least, I'd do a mix of johto and sinnoh starters, to get the gen.4 feeling across.

But yeah, that's my only gripe, the overall package looks fantastic though. Good luck!
Definitely see where you're coming from. The reason that I didn't pick the Sinnoh starters is because you'll be able to get them through an in-game event anyway. I also don't want to limit myself by only using Pokémon from certain generations. Glad you like the project, though!

TLDR; Thanks for the support, guys! Stay tuned for more. A demo is being worked on and we're near entering the debug phase.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
The thread has been updated with more content and a new layout.
Let me know what you think :)

You're doing a good job.Actually, this is my favorite Layout Now.

And the Sprite just... Wonderful.I hope the Game Wonderful too.

I'll look for it.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Thank you!

Fakemon are such a hassle, though. We're talking like 100 designs that all have to be designed, sprited (front, back, icon, overworld), provided w/ stats, and more! That would significantly slow down the process of the game. Glad you like it though!

It doesn't have to be 100 fakemon maybe just some for the current pokemon that don't have evolution or pre-evos like Seviper or Tropius etc etc.

The Dewitty

Years
Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted, so I'd like to tell you about what's been up lately:

A few weeks ago the alpha version of the demo was cleared by several friends of mine. I've taken their feedback and suggestions and I'm now working on the beta version. This'll go by my friends too, and after that final round of corrections I'm hoping to release it on here. Stay tuned!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 13, 2018
Hi, i love the this game and can't wait to play it! and when first saw this picture already shocked, :) :smile:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020
This game is really beautiful, the graphic style is the best I've ever seen
I had already seen these scans in devianart and since then they have always been inspiration.

I hope some day to play it

Back