• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You could just make it so that when someone came into the pkemon center it was kind like a unique center to them like they could see no-one else in there.

I know this kinda contradicts the point of being able to meet with others on the game but surely it would just help speed up the process of healing. Maybe to fill the center up a bit fill it with some random NPCs.

G-Trainer

Count Awesomeness!
Years
Damn! And I thought Blacksprite's mmorpg looked good! You are so talented, dude!
Do you mind if I ask some questions? If not; I'll state them under this. If you do, just ignore them :).

Will there be player housing? If so will you use flats and houses, or just one of the two?

Will you be able to give someone a pokemon'?

Will their be a storyline in the game? If so do you need help with this? I'm very good with storylines and character development.(I'm making an original game with some friends at the moment.)

Will it become harder to level up your Pokemons? If not, I strongly advise you to do this to keep it interesting.

Will you able to team up with a friend and go 2 vs 2?

Will there be special events? If so can I help? (I've got some good ideas, I think.)

Thats it for now. I'll have some other questions later on, though.

Kyledove, I really hope that you'll finish this game, and I cannot wait. If you need any help with storylines, NPC's, side quests and events PM me.

Years
i still need a screen(don't try reasoning with me, I am stubborn)

If KyleDove said that is how it will be then that should be good enough for you. If that is not enough proof for you then stop posting. But it is a very simple process, since the healing script is not running for your character, when you approach the npc she will heal your pokemon. You should play an mmorpg, each npc can talk to multiple people at once saying different things depending on why they are talking to you.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
You wouldnt even basically be able to tell? since most people have the basic same body shape, it just covers them up.
Here's a screenshot anyway of the newly implemented monster drops feature. Instead of having to harvest hold items from wild pokemon like the real games (which are a bit of a pain) following most mmo's the pokemon will just drop them when they retreat. Of course some items will be really rare and they often drop nothing.
2ds33iu.png

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hmm in most mmo you are able to do something with resources, we will be able to make rare candies, potions, master balls etc? =0

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
They can be used for things like quests where a feather collector might want x number of x feathers.
With things like raw silk I am planning hopefully to make your own clothes and things.

and Also hopefully there will be a cooking system so stuff like rare candies and potions might be a possibility.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
A question: Did anyone buy those red feathers?? XD

The screen looks real nice, the graphics make me very happy (really...).

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Very nice screenshot, Kyledove. I like the idea of being able to trade and sell things (it reminds me of many MMOG, which is one of the best concepts about them).

Oh, and what's with the Spotted Feather's text?

Years
I like the idea of selling and trading items with other people and I think quests involving them would be great.

P.S Nice Screenie!!!

$_$

?????????
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Kyledove is there going to be the crop growing thing like in harvest?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Sorry about the delay in replying, heres some answers to the best of my ability.

Will there be player housing? If so will you use flats and houses, or just one of the two?
Um we don't have anything planned right now, but of course once everything is set up we can only add more and more features to the game, and I know I'd love to add player housing in the future

Will you be able to give someone a pokemon'?
Well you will be able to trade with other players just like the real games

Will their be a storyline in the game? If so do you need help with this? I'm very good with storylines and character development.(I'm making an original game with some friends at the moment.)
There will be a kind of storyline in the game, but not too deep. The general story is to just train and have fun and battle with friends, but like I said once the majority of the gameplay is done we can add more story

Will it become harder to level up your Pokemons? If not, I strongly advise you to do this to keep it interesting.
Haven't really spoken to my programmer about this yet, but yeah I do assume as they level up more it will keep getting harder and harder as a way to keep the game going further

Will you able to team up with a friend and go 2 vs 2?
Haven't planned anything on this, but it would be nice. I've been considering things like having attacks that can heal pokemon, or your friend's entire team as a good way to team up with friends.

Will there be special events? If so can I help? (I've got some good ideas, I think.)
what kind of special events? Do you mean like how nintendo releases secret pokemon?

The text for the spotted feather is a bit glitched right now, but its nothing big. I could move the quantity of the item below the name in order to have longer name items.

On clothing we havent discussed it in too much detail just yet, but the general gist is that you will have a few different categories like outfit, and then accessories like hats, glasses, etc. Kind of outfits are like nurse joy's outfit, or a mart outfit, or a picknicker, etc. There will be clothing stores where you will be able to buy them. (and obtain rarer outfits through quests and things)

I don't think there will be crop growing, but berries will probably end up making a return in some way, maybe as a portable menu where you can water and care for it like a tamagotchi plant.

Hopefully this should answer some of your questions!

Dog11561

People to see, things to do.
Years
  • Age 28
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I love the idea. If i had any skills, i would help, but i don't, so sorry. But i can give u ideas! Also, are u going to make a supporter banner, cuz if u did, i would really use it!!! LOVE UR IDEA!!! :P

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Omg! This looks amazing! Need any testers or bug finders? I'm pretty good at that...

Years
This is looking better than ever, Kyle. Ony one thing bothers me so far. That is the items menu. As you can probably see, the name of the Spotted Feather overlaps its quantity. Why not put the quantity under neath the items? That could aleviate this problem.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ding dong hehe, thats exactly what I'm gonna do Alistair. You seem to think in the same way as me hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back