• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Was thinking of running Lilligant in doubles

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 3, 2022
I'm a huge fan of Lilligant (as in, she's my second-favorite mon of all time), and I hatched a shiny one about a year ago. Built her for singles with ye olden 2011-ish set (Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance, Own Tempo), and recently decided to restructure her set to make it better suited for doubles, as it's so easy to change EVs, nature, and ability now.

So what I had in mind was a sun team with Chlorophyll instead of Own Tempo. I don't want to use Torkoal, because everyone freaking knows what's about to happen if they see a Lilligant-Torkoal lead, so do you have any suggestions for another sun-setter that synergizes nicely with Lilli? Also, I wanted to get some thoughts on running Pollen Puff as a dual support-offensive move (it's such a unique option, and it feels like there's some untapped potential), along with keeping Sleep Powder, maybe Growth over Quiver Dance for a +2 in the sun (not sure if I want to run a boosting move, though), or maybe like Aromatherapy, After You (cause that's still a great move for a Chloro mon), and Giga Drain or Solar Beam?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm a huge fan of Lilligant (as in, she's my second-favorite mon of all time), and I hatched a shiny one about a year ago. Built her for singles with ye olden 2011-ish set (Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance, Own Tempo), and recently decided to restructure her set to make it better suited for doubles, as it's so easy to change EVs, nature, and ability now.

So what I had in mind was a sun team with Chlorophyll instead of Own Tempo. I don't want to use Torkoal, because everyone freaking knows what's about to happen if they see a Lilligant-Torkoal lead, so do you have any suggestions for another sun-setter that synergizes nicely with Lilli? Also, I wanted to get some thoughts on running Pollen Puff as a dual support-offensive move (it's such a unique option, and it feels like there's some untapped potential), along with keeping Sleep Powder, maybe Growth over Quiver Dance for a +2 in the sun (not sure if I want to run a boosting move, though), or maybe like Aromatherapy, After You (cause that's still a great move for a Chloro mon), and Giga Drain or Solar Beam?
There's not many other options to be honest, and from my understanding Ninetales is a bit underwhelming in that regard... doesn't quite hit hard enough and not very defensive either.

Pollen Puff is a good move in doubles imo - gives you good options. Quiver Dance may be preferred imo, and Aromatherapy only if your team really needs the status healing support - else go with just trying to hit hard after the set-up.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 3, 2022
Yeah. Unless I want to run Groudon as my restricted or waste a turn on a mon to set up, it looks like I'm stuck with either Ninetales or Torkoal, huh? That blows.

Thanks for the advice, man

Back