ROM Hacking Discussion General discussions about all things fan games. Topics relating to both ROM hacks and custom games are welcome here. Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 26th, 2017 (10:07 AM).

Hey,
    so I've played a lot of Pokemon fan games and ROM hacks and enjoyed every single one.
    Since there arent any good left to play, I thought about creating my own Pokemon game. (The dream of every Pokemon fan).
    Unfortunately I'm really bad at ROM hacking and working with any kind of RPG maker. I tried both several times, but failed miserably.
    So my question is, is there any way I can suggest plot elements, features etc. for a pokemon game to a bunch of pokemon fans able to ROM hack? Like a whole team. Since I'm not a native speaker nor any good at ROM hacking, it would be a dream come true ha :)
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 27th, 2017 (11:15 AM).

I made one about smoking marijuana and the effects of it on people in the realm of pokemon, its pretty dope ;)
        #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old September 16th, 2017 (3:19 PM).
      Poison Live! Poison Love!

Nature: Gentle
        I'm in the same boat!

I've especially wanted to try my hand at fan game plots since there seems to be an overabundance of fan games / rom hacks that come across as way too dark and edgy.

I'm definitely new to this forum so looks like it's time to go searching for relevant threads.
          #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old September 27th, 2017 (8:41 PM).

Nature: Naughty
          I ahd some experience if the rpg maker, but i don't like how it looks in battle, but, it's a lot more easy to make, i made a tiny search and i found a lot of budgets to insert in a game to look pretty,but the battle system never will be like the pokemon original. I want to make a game too, if you two get in or the snoop dog ahahahaha sent me a letter, i'm a lot busy, but 1 h per day i get research, i have some cool ideas but i give up easy from projects (I'm not good to edit, but in rpg maker maybe i can finish, in gba hack rom it's impossible)
            #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old October 6th, 2017 (5:15 AM).
          Made in Guatemala

Nature: Brave
            Usually I change my favorite hack every time I play a new one, but currently, my fav hack is Pokmon Violet (And I'm not German) because its music, graphics and plot and good designed fakemon, of course. And also I love the remixes of Pokmon Dark Violet (lol, I'm in love of violets)
              #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old December 6th, 2017 (4:00 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PokemonCannabis View Post
              I made one about smoking marijuana and the effects of it on people in the realm of pokemon, its pretty dope ;)
              That sounds amazing.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet, still just learning the basics. I changed some text around and had a fun time making a funnier version of the game's dialogue. Basically samish story, and all loosely based on the canon script, but with a comedic spin.
              I also thought a Legend of Zelda/Pokemon crossover hack would be cool, but that's only something I'd do if and when I'm better at coding.
              Right now I'm adding later generation Pokemon to ShantyTown's expand-dex version of Pokered, which allows for thousands of Pokemon in Red/Blue. I'd like to get all generations into those games.
                #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 22nd, 2018 (4:45 PM).

Nature: Impish
                I was actually wondering this myself as I've got an over abundance of ideas for fakemon etc. It would be really cool to see some unique plots/ideas out there so I hope you find some way to use them in the future.

I'm having a look at rpgmaker to see if I could try my hand at that but I'm pretty busy doing my art commission at the moment to spare anytime.

Either way I think the idea of coders/rock hackers and plot/idea creators coming together for games would be awesome.

Quick Reply