ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#1126   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:11 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by miksy91.
Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Hey everyone! GREAT NEWS!

Beta 5 coming up
    It's been over a four years since the last beta release, but beta 5 is really around the corner now! I have finished my first test playthrough of the hack (which I at the same time used for improving plenty of things). Now what is yet left to be done is to play through the hack once again, fix possible errors if there are such that require fixing, and simply release beta 5!

Looking for testers
    Before beta 5 release, I would like to find some players who would have time for playing the hack during this, and the upcoming weeks, and give me:
    • Feedback (what was good / bad / what could be improved)
    • Point out possible typos, and bad grammar mistakes
    • Report additional bugs if you find any

I'm a finn myself so naturally my English isn't as good as what the English of native speakers is. Thus there will be small grammar mistakes here and there, but if you find sentences that are difficult to be understood, or if the ordering of the words in a sentence is really weird etc., let me know of these, and provide possible ways of fixing those mistakes.
    I can also provide a list of minor bugs that I won't bother fixing because they might be tedious to handle yet they shouldn't really affect the gaming experience. You can thus ignore these bugs from the ones you find.

I'm pretty sure there won't be many typos, or additional bugs out there. The grammar should be in good in overall as well. In that sense, you as a tester can concentrate on the playing rather than keeping notes about these kinds of errors. But if you find some that I'm not aware of, write them down and point those out once you're done with the testing.

So if you're interested in testing Dark Energy Beta 5, send me PM!
      #1127   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:38 PM).
    progressing pokemon rom hacks i support: pokemon adventure red chapter, pokemon orange, pokemon sea temple, pokemon discovery, pokemon bronze 2.

Nature: Lonely
      wow! I'm very excited to play beta 5. Just one quick question though. Will this be the final beta or is there going to be 1 or two more? That's all i have to ask so have a happy new year Miksy!
        #1128   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:20 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by miksy91.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bh02032002 View Post
        wow! I'm very excited to play beta 5. Just one quick question though. Will this be the final beta or is there going to be 1 or two more? That's all i have to ask so have a happy new year Miksy!
        Happy new year to you too!
        I'm not totally sure, but I believe there will be at least one release coming up that is not the final version (and doesn't include the whole game).

Also like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm looking for some test players for beta 5. I have gotten two requests to test the hack so far, but having a few more wouldn't hurt. If you're willing to test the hack, send me PM :)
          #1129   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (8:39 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
          Happy new year to you too!
          I'm not totally sure, but I believe there will be at least one release coming up that is not the final version (and doesn't include the whole game).

Also like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm looking for some test players for beta 5. I have gotten two requests to test the hack so far, but having a few more wouldn't hurt. If you're willing to test the hack, send me PM :)
          Im sent PM! Hope im is a first player for newest version of Pkm DE :)
            #1130   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (8:07 AM).

I would love to test this! I played Beta 4 a while ago but would love to help out with anything that involves a hack of my favorite gen. Tester or not I look forward to the rest of your work, enjoy the New Year :)
              #1131   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (8:42 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by miksy91.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kametraz View Post
              Im sent PM! Hope im is a first player for newest version of Pkm DE :)
              Hi,

I replied you back, kametraz. I'm not sure if I really need more testers at this point, but I can consider letting you test the hack once I've handled the issues I'm already aware of.
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Flaon View Post
              I would love to test this! I played Beta 4 a while ago but would love to help out with anything that involves a hack of my favorite gen. Tester or not I look forward to the rest of your work, enjoy the New Year :)
              Thank you Flaon! :)
              And happy new year to you too!

But yeah.. I'm not sure if I need more testers anymore. I have gotten some testers via Dark Energy discord server. I've also gotten plenty of feedback so far. They're all more or less minor improvement suggestions though, and thus based on the feedback, and my own comprehensive testing, I'm quite confident the hack is already in a state where I could hand it out as a public release.

I will yet do some improvements based on the feedback, and after that, another test run which one of the testers from Discord will also do. After making sure once again everything works as intended, I might as well release the hack as beta 5.00. One thing I haven't quite decided is whether or not I should wait for all the testers to finish the hack or not. We'll see..

Nonetheless, even after the public release, I can take more feedback into consideration, and improve the beta 5 content. If you want to help, you could at least provide me with improvement suggestions then :)
              I could later release beta 5.01 with (minor) improvements to beta 5.00 content.
                #1132   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (2:52 PM).

I always play pokemon hacks on real hardware, but my flashcard has no rtc function.
                Would be nice if I can change the in game time easy (like in prism debug version) or if the time could optional change by in game steps gone.
                  #1133   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (4:21 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by miksy91.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by karulg View Post
                  I always play pokemon hacks on real hardware, but my flashcard has no rtc function.
                  Would be nice if I can change the in game time easy (like in prism debug version) or if the time could optional change by in game steps gone.
                  I can think about adding such functionality, but I would see it being a very low priority thing to be done. But sure, I'll write this down as one of the things to be checked, and possibly implemented at some point in the future.
                    #1134   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (8:54 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by kametraz.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
                    Hi,

I replied you back, kametraz. I'm not sure if I really need more testers at this point, but I can consider letting you test the hack once I've handled the issues I'm already aware of.
                    Hi,
                    Thanks!

Edit:
                    I hope story will have more insland to satisfy players :))
                      #1135   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 3 Days Ago (5:04 PM). Edited 3 Days Ago by miksy91.

Well.. guys and gals, it is done!

Beta 5 of Pokemon Dark Energy is released!

You can now find the download link to Beta 5.00 in the main post of this thread. The main post has been re-written in plenty of other ways as well. There are for example updated Storyline, Features, and ReadMe sections along with plenty of new screenshots of the hack.

If you're not familiar with Pokemon Dark Energy, it is an RPG game implemented as a rom hack on top of Pokemon Silver. The hack should offer you lots excitement via engaging and long gameplay.
                      Below, you find see some screenshots of the hack. These ones can be found in the main post as well though.

On the other hand, if you have played Beta 4 before and finished that beta a while back, I unfortunately couldn't maintain the support for letting you use your old save files to continue. You can however use a save file that I have provided. See Returning Beta 4 player? sub section under Downloads section for more details.

Hopefully many of you are willing to try out the hack. It took me a long time to get this done, but here finally is :smile:
                        #1136   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 3 Days Ago (5:34 PM).

Congrats on the beta 5 release, I'll end up playing this down the road.

#1137   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 2 Days Ago (11:22 AM).

is it beatable?
                          #1138   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 2 Days Ago (12:49 PM).

Nature: Gentle
                          Very exciting!Played the old Beta 4 and enjoyed it alot,will give this new release a shot soon.
                          Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Crimson Skies/Axis/Cyan/Winds of Shadow
                          Sky Twilight/Unbound/DiamondAndPearl Advance/Lilac/Gaia DS

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                            #1139   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 1 Day Ago (7:11 PM).

Nature: Quiet
                            I don't know if anyone is experiencing this bug but when I play Beta 5 on Myoldboy, the hack crashes in the player's bedroom.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrJvdPIaw_I&t=0s&index=2&list=PLsuvStRRCL-oDnKSJNqADkflisD8ItoOu

This project (4 tracks in total) of mine is dedicated to each one of you waging a war against your Inner demons. You've got this.
                              #1140   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 16 Hours Ago (5:14 PM).
                            progressing pokemon rom hacks i support: pokemon adventure red chapter, pokemon orange, pokemon sea temple, pokemon discovery, pokemon bronze 2.

Nature: Lonely
                              it's a great month man! not only does adventure red chapter get updated but 2 other rom hacks one of those is yours is completed. congrats Miksy
                                #1141   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 11 Hours Ago (9:58 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
                                I don't know if anyone is experiencing this bug but when I play Beta 5 on Myoldboy, the hack crashes in the player's bedroom.
                                Myoldboy crashed for this and a few other rom hacks randomly. Switch to John gbc runs perfect!

Also I got the whooly hat and ran through the cold cave? But I'm trying to run back after beating the flying gym and got cut and I keep fainting trying to run back through the cave. Did I miss something else to keep me warm or am I doing something wrong?
                                  #1142   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 2 Hours Ago (7:44 AM). Edited 2 Hours Ago by miksy91.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Paige View Post
                                  Congrats on the beta 5 release, I'll end up playing this down the road.
                                  Thank you :)
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by supereffective View Post
                                  is it beatable?
                                  The hack isn't done yet. So no, it's not "beatable".
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Burningocean2012 View Post
                                  Very exciting!Played the old Beta 4 and enjoyed it alot,will give this new release a shot soon.
                                  Thanks! :)
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Inner Rhymes View Post
                                  I'm aware of this bug, and I have already done quite a bit of investigation related to this. I have noticed, how to make the game not to crash in the player's bedroom, but fixing that issue brings up other unwanted side-effects.

The problematic part about fixing this issue is the fact that My OldBoy seems to function a bit differently from other GB/C emulators. Furthermore, the change that causes the game to crash is actually related to a wanted change (well.. I guess I mentioned that already above by saying that fixing the issue brings up other unwanted side-effects), and thus, there is no easy solution for fixing this problem. But I'll see if I can do something reasonable about it.

For now, everyone should simply play with a different emulator.
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by bh02032002 View Post
                                  it's a great month man! not only does adventure red chapter get updated but 2 other rom hacks one of those is yours is completed. congrats Miksy
                                  Dark Energy isn't complete yet either. But you're right. We do have three hacks with new releases in this month :)

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by cha0ticbrah View Post
                                  I got the whooly hat and ran through the cold cave? But I'm trying to run back after beating the flying gym and got cut and I keep fainting trying to run back through the cave. Did I miss something else to keep me warm or am I doing something wrong?
                                  It's easier to get back to Little Stone than it was to make it from Little Stone to the other side of the hack.
                                  Are you possibly playing with high emulation speeds though? If you lower down the emulation speed, it shouldn't be much of an issue getting through the cave having Woolly Hat in your key item pocket.

Quick Reply