ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#51   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old April 20th, 2014 (7:04 PM).
Majestic Fairies

Those are some great looking sprites!
      #52   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old April 20th, 2014 (7:22 PM).
    Soy chamber...

Thanks to all who comment and report bugs. Soon came a version without the Reported Bugs.

I would like to ask a question to all who have played the hack:

I have the posibility to allow it to use just one "HP healing item" per battle (potion, Super Potion, etc.). Do you like to see this change in the hack or prefer the difficulty level without use the heal items in battle?

Thaks for your comments!
        #53   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old April 20th, 2014 (8:40 PM).
      8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.

I would prefer to be able to use one healing item, OR not allow the AI to use any healing items. Either one would be nice :)

But, difficulty is also fun as it is.
          #54   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old April 20th, 2014 (9:22 PM).

Unable to use healing items is quite a challenging job.l prefer the former one.
            #55   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old April 21st, 2014 (1:09 AM).

It's fine as it is without the use of items.

Waiting for the fixed Jasmine bug so I can continue :)
              #56   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old April 21st, 2014 (1:22 AM).
            Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by com3tiin View Post
              Thanks to all who comment and report bugs. Soon came a version without the Reported Bugs.

I would like to ask a question to all who have played the hack:

I have the posibility to allow it to use just one "HP healing item" per battle (potion, Super Potion, etc.). Do you like to see this change in the hack or prefer the difficulty level without use the heal items in battle?

Thaks for your comments!
              I tested your hack earlier and saw you had patched my Active battle system hack there which removed the usage of SHIFT/SET option in the options menu. You could put that option easily in use by changing it to possibility of either using items, or not using items in battle and make people tell you about that option in the early game.

P.S
              It's pretty easy to track down most bugs that are present in the game on your own too - at least I think it is. Many people might get annoyed of the version being rushed if there are useless bugs here and there which could have been easily taken care of with some preliminary testing.
              When I released all those earlier betas for DE, I always pre-tested the game a couple of times before while also modifying parts of bittable in ram to see that "everything worked accordingly to the plan".
                #57   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old April 21st, 2014 (6:45 AM).

problem is is that pokemon dont evolve. i got a shiny starly legit and got it to level 20a nd its still not evolving
                  #58   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old April 21st, 2014 (7:32 AM).
                Soy chamber...

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
                  I tested your hack earlier and saw you had patched my Active battle system hack there which removed the usage of SHIFT/SET option in the options menu. You could put that option easily in use by changing it to possibility of either using items, or not using items in battle and make people tell you about that option in the early game.

P.S
                  It's pretty easy to track down most bugs that are present in the game on your own too - at least I think it is. Many people might get annoyed of the version being rushed if there are useless bugs here and there which could have been easily taken care of with some preliminary testing.
                  When I released all those earlier betas for DE, I always pre-tested the game a couple of times before while also modifying parts of bittable in ram to see that "everything worked accordingly to the plan".
                  The hack has a problem with your "active battle system". Sometimes, when a pokemon want to learn a move, the system passes the "shift".It's funny that the changes are random, but I like that this does not happen.

The reason for having such a rushed game is by participating in a challenge which consisted of release a beta in 30 days. There was a week of testings, but obviously it was not enough to detect all bugs.

Maybe I should take your advice, remove the beta, ask some users of this forum to help me test and then re-launch the beta.
                    #59   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old April 21st, 2014 (7:42 AM).

Quote:
                    The hack has a problem with your "active battle system". Sometimes, when a pokemon want to learn a move, the system passes the "shift".It's funny that the changes are random, but I like that this does not happen.
                    True, it doesn't work the way it should.
                    When I made that hack, I didn't understand assembly or debugging well enough so that I could have tested if it worked properly or not. Apparently I made a change that bypasses the check of shift/set mode in some occasions, but there is probably a possibility of c/z -flag being set sometime before my change in the routine and a jump code related to that flag or such.

Quote:
                    The reason for having such a rushed game is by participating in a challenge which consisted of release a beta in 30 days. There was a week of testings, but obviously it was not enough to detect all bugs.
                    That makes sense though. Nevertheless, it's not a good idea to rush a hack that is supposed to be made properly. If you didn't care about the result being good, it would be totally okay to rush it like that as well.
                    Quote:
                    Maybe I should take your advice, remove the beta, ask some users of this forum to help me test and then re-launch the beta.
                    Well you could always ask others to beta-test it for you or simply do all the necessary testing on your own.
                    Use some tools (or a hex editor) for checking that pokemon, that you have edited, learn the right moves at right levels and evolve at the right levels as well. And when you have fixed the errors you can find that way, you can simply play through the hack and see if all of the scripts work properly.
                      #60   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old April 21st, 2014 (7:43 AM).

Quote:

so would you please release a fast fixed beta that enable us to go through the steel gym?
                        #61   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old April 21st, 2014 (8:49 AM).
                      Soy chamber...

Quote:
                        True, it doesn't work the way it should.
                        When I made that hack, I didn't understand assembly or debugging well enough so that I could have tested if it worked properly or not. Apparently I made a change that bypasses the check of shift/set mode in some occasions, but there is probably a possibility of c/z -flag being set sometime before my change in the routine and a jump code related to that flag or such.
                        One idea that Crystal_ gave me respect, is to make a routine in Vblack that always keep set the bit 6 of the options (or that corresponding to the battle system). It's easy to implement, but as I say, the bug of your routine is funny though if I have to fix that in the final version of the game.
                          #62   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old April 21st, 2014 (10:21 AM).

Just saying too, randomly, sometimes, I am able to sorta "bypass" the no switching pokemon thing, and it brings me to the switching screen. Not that I mind though... some of the times it really saved me! Haha, just thought I'd let you know! Darn nice project though! On a side note... If I were to make a GBC Hack, would I be able to use your sprites, with credit to you? GBC games are wonderful!
                          ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
                          http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23Dragons_Den

#63   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old April 21st, 2014 (10:27 AM).
                          Soy chamber...

@Black Ice: I don't think this game is the right choice for a nuzlocke challenge.

@2012maniac: Thank you!

Something that I have not said in this community, I think that soon release a "Rom Base" using the pokedex of this same game so that more people are encouraged to hack in GBC.

Update

Fixed Bugs:
                            • "Roost" heal twice.
                            • "Shadow Claw" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
                            • "Leaf Blade" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
                            • "Power-Up Punch" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                            • "Close Combat" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                            • "Hammer Arm" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                            • "Draco Meteor" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                            • "Super Power" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                            • Gallade's type is wrong.
                            • Jasmine have a Chespin.
                            • After the battle with Jasmine the game freezes.
                            • Tentacool learns "Seed Bomb" at Lv.12.

*Fixing these bugs cause a delay in the animation of decreasing enemy HP. This is a must for the effects of decreased stats are met.

Addons:
                            • Happiness system modified. Positive actions bring happiness twice. Negative actions subtracted normally happiness.
                            • Steel-type Pokémon are no longer resistant of Ghost or Dark type moves (like in the 6th gen.).
                            • Some pokemon Stat Base are increased like in the 6th generation:
                              -Raichu
                              -Clefable
                              -Poliwrath
                              -Alakazam
                              -Ampharos
                              -Staraptor
                              -Roserade
                              -Leavanny
                              -Scolipede

Download the New Beta (0.2.1) in the main post

A long adventure, there are multiple Trainers with Metagros or Slaking in low level. If anyone finds any please report.
                              #64   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old April 21st, 2014 (10:37 AM).

Quote:
                              [*]"Hammer Arm" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                              Hammer Arm now damages the user instead of the foe :/
                                #65   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old April 21st, 2014 (10:43 AM).

Quote:
                                @Black Ice: I don't think this game is the right choice for a nuzlocke challenge.

@2012maniac: Thank you!

Something that I have not said in this community, I think that soon release a "Rom Base" using the pokedex of this same game so that more people are encouraged to hack in GBC.

Update

Fixed Bugs:
                                • "Roost" heal twice.
                                • "Shadow Claw" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
                                • "Leaf Blade" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
                                • "Power-Up Punch" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                                • "Close Combat" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                                • "Hammer Arm" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                                • "Draco Meteor" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                                • "Super Power" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
                                • Gallade's type is wrong.
                                • Jasmine have a Chespin.
                                • After the battle with Jasmine the game freezes.
                                • Tentacool learns "Seed Bomb" at Lv.12.

*Fixing these bugs cause a delay in the animation of decreasing enemy HP. This is a must for the effects of decreased stats are met.

Addons:
                                • Happiness system modified. Positive actions bring happiness twice. Negative actions subtracted normally happiness.
                                • Steel-type Pokémon are no longer resistant of Ghost or Dark type moves (like in the 6th gen.).
                                • Some pokemon Stat Base are increased like in the 6th generation:
                                  -Raichu
                                  -Clefable
                                  -Poliwrath
                                  -Alakazam
                                  -Ampharos
                                  -Staraptor
                                  -Roserade
                                  -Leavanny
                                  -Scolipede

Download the New Beta (0.2.1) in the main post

A long adventure, there are multiple Trainers with Metagros or Slaking in low level. If anyone finds any please report.
                                Oh yes... about the Metagross thing... There is a trainer in the goldenrod underground, he owns a Metagross... That is all he has. Because he owned a Lickitung before, and Metagross replaced Lickitung, so... Yes forgot to mention... PLEASE either remove the items on trainers, or let us use a healing item! That is a good idea!
                                ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

If you're looking for a good time, or just want to chat, come over to Weloxux and I's channel at:
                                http://mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23Dragons_Den

#66   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old April 21st, 2014 (10:56 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by angellos View Post
                                  Same for Overheat and I guess every move that decreases a stat of the user
                                    #67   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old April 21st, 2014 (11:00 AM).

Quote:
                                    One idea that Crystal_ gave me respect, is to make a routine in Vblack that always keep set the bit 6 of the options (or that corresponding to the battle system). It's easy to implement, but as I say, the bug of your routine is funny though if I have to fix that in the final version of the game.
                                    That would work although it would be a very unoptimized solution to the problem.

You could simply track down when the check for the SHIFT/SET bit is accessed and write your own routine there that does what you want (that would work like SET mode or so). It would be extremely simple to do too! If SET mode without printing "Trainer x is about to use another pokemon." or a similar text string would be enough, you could just make it work that way. Then, you could still use the original SHIFT/SET option for allowing to use items or not.
                                      #68   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old April 21st, 2014 (11:19 AM).
                                    Soy chamber...

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by angellos View Post
                                      Just what I thought would happen.

I need some time to fix that, in the meantime you can re-download the game, I've reverted the changes about the moves.

Quote:
                                      That would work although it would be a very unoptimized solution to the problem.

You could simply track down when the check for the SHIFT/SET bit is accessed and write your own routine there that does what you want (that would work like SET mode or so). It would be extremely simple to do too! If SET mode without printing "Trainer x is about to use another pokemon." or a similar text string would be enough, you could just make it work that way. Then, you could still use the original SHIFT/SET option for allowing to use items or not.
                                      I remember you posted something like that in Skeetendo. I'll give it a look, because if it would be good can do put in options to use the items.
                                        #69   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old April 21st, 2014 (12:20 PM).

So Shadow Claw and Leaf Blade are fixed, but what about Stone Edge? It has the same problem. Also, when I equipped the Pixie Hat, it turned into a Berry the next time I loaded the game up.
                                          #70   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old April 21st, 2014 (12:47 PM).
                                        Soy chamber...

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Master Bryss View Post
                                          So Shadow Claw and Leaf Blade are fixed, but what about Stone Edge? It has the same problem. Also, when I equipped the Pixie Hat, it turned into a Berry the next time I loaded the game up.
                                          Stone Edge Fixed. Will investigate what happens to Pixie Hat.
                                            #71   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old April 21st, 2014 (1:27 PM). Edited April 21st, 2014 by angellos.

Yeah, it turned into Berry here too.

Also:
                                            Brave Bird does no recoil damage
                                            Ace Trainer Cybil in Route 44 has an underleved Trevenant

The first trainer in Ice Path freezes the game after you beat him.
                                              #72   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old April 21st, 2014 (4:24 PM).
                                            Resident Edgelord Troll

Why don't the pokemon evolve?
                                                #73   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old April 21st, 2014 (4:58 PM).

so as the hacker says, there is a problem that my lucario does not learn the auro sphere though it's level has reached to 80?
                                                  #74   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old April 21st, 2014 (5:03 PM).
                                                Suchir9326 Suchir9326 is offline

where can i catch the three starters for x and y?
                                                    #75   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                  Old April 21st, 2014 (6:17 PM).
                                                  Soy chamber...

@Master Bryss: What you mention about Pixie Hat, is not exactly a bug, it is rather a restriction that puts the game to not show items that do not exist legally. Rarely currently only happens with this item.

I already test and does not affect the operation of Pixel Hat, so I don't want fix this "error" for now.

@angellos: Your reports are very good. When reports a trainer you could make a capture, or post the name of trainer, or give a detailed description of its location?

@Mr.Mako: Read the main post: "Differences on evolution levels, adequated to the strength of the evolution chain and to the level at which the Pokemon appears for the first time. For a few Pokemon, different methods in which they evolve."

@sy94123: Lucario learn Aura Sphere at level 42. If you Riolu evolved after that level, Lucario can't learn it again.

@Suchir9326: Look on Violet City.

Update

Fixed Bugs:
                                                    • Wood Hammer's animation is wrong.
                                                    • Air Slash's animation is wrong.
                                                    • Brave Bird don't have Recoil Damage.
                                                    • Struggle Bug have 10% chance of lowering Attack.
                                                    • Ace Trainer "Cybil" on Route 44 have an underleved Trevenant.
                                                    • Rocket Grunt (f) on Mahogany have wrong level team.

Addons:
                                                    • Restriction system of healing items. The items that recover HP is permitted only used one per battle. Other items that heal altered states are restricted in battle. The Items that are affected by this rule are:
                                                      - MaxPotion
                                                      - HyperPotion
                                                      - SuperPotion
                                                      - Potion
                                                      - FreshWater
                                                      - SodaPop
                                                      - Lemonade
                                                      - MoomooMilk
                                                      - Ragecandybar

Download the New Beta (0.2.2) in the main post

A long adventure, there are multiple Trainers with underleved Metagros or Slaking, or others underleved Pokemon. If anyone finds any please report.

Quick Reply