ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#2851   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:50 PM).

What's your college background, Spherical Ice?
    This game is a complete masterpiece; it's hard to believe you are just a random Pokémo nerd.
    You should be working at some gaming company.
      #2852   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:21 AM).

Hi, Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been playing this hack for the past few days (love it!) and I've noticed an issue that seems consistent.

On the turn that an opponent's pokemon mega-evolves, my pokemon's attack targets itself instead of the opponent. This happened against the Nurse's mega-Audino, and Will's mega-Slowbro. On the poison gym leader's Venusaur I switched out on the turn that it mega-evolved so I don't know if it would have happened or not. I've only reached Will so far so I have no more examples to test as yet. Is this a regular issue? Or am I missing something?

Additionally, when my Scrafty is in battle and the opponent mega-evolves, Scrafty's Intimidate triggers on the mega-evolved pokemon. This is the first game I've played with mega-evolution so I don't know if this is standard or not, but it seems weird.

Sorry if these things are already reported, I haven't browsed extensively.

Cheers, and thanks again for the amazing hack!
        #2853   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:03 AM).

I'm unsure as to whether this has been reported already (or even if this works as intended), but upon battling a trainer in Precimos Island Gym, my Lucky Egg has been permanently stolen by a Malamar's Switcheroo. Is there any way to access another one, such as the Battle Tower in Telmurk Swamp?
          #2854   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:00 PM).

Does anyone know how to evolve piloswine to Mamoswine??
            #2855   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:00 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ejay10 View Post
            teach him TM50 ancient power, and level him up
              #2856   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (12:01 AM).
            The laato

Nature: Timid
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ejay10 View Post
              Using the power of magic!
                #2857   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:12 AM).

No matter what I try, the game crashes on the very first patch of grass. No way around it, I instant encounter on every single patch and then an instant black screen or game reset. Was very excited to play this after years of waiting for a finished version. Seriously dissapointed.
                  #2858   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:49 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by rayyn View Post
                  No matter what I try, the game crashes on the very first patch of grass. No way around it, I instant encounter on every single patch and then an instant black screen or game reset. Was very excited to play this after years of waiting for a finished version. Seriously dissapointed.
                  You've probably not patched it right.
                    #2859   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:14 PM).

The trainer right of the player can be battled again and again. Playing 3.2
                    Spoiler:
                      #2860   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:02 PM).
                    Heyo

Nature: Bashful
                      Whilst I haven't played this yet i'm definitely going to. I'm shocked by how good it looks and how its different from the Pokemon story but doesn't feel wrong. Good luck with the creation of Pokemon Gaia.
                        #2861   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:05 AM).

Is there a way to get another Lucky Egg? I was fighting in the 6th gym and one of the pokemon used Switcharoo and took my Lucky Egg from my Drapion and after the battle I didnt get it back. And I'm not happy about that. Idk if it's a bug but arent you supposed to get your item back after the fight ends?
                          #2862   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:05 AM).

Do you have plans to add ev reducing berries?
                            #2863   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:16 AM).

Downloaded this a couple of weeks ago on a whim and just finished last night. Made an account to share my experience.

- The introduction to the game was great. Celanto Town is a wonderful starting town. The start with Reliquia Ruins and the library book were a nice touch that got me interested pretty quickly.

- The first few routes of the game and Archan Tunnel gave me a very good impression of the game to come. The wild Pokemon variety was great and finding the first Secret Temple felt very cool to me.

- The first gym of the game gave me some concerns with the level curve of the game. The first gym leader's Pokemon are substantially stronger than that of the gym trainers, but the battle was still easy enough. Ultimately, however, the level curve was pretty good. I feel like the levels at the end of the game were a bit lower than expected though. The jump between the 8th gym, the leaders of the New Elders, and the Elite 4 + champion was rather small. I guess after the 8th gym having a level 52 Garchomp I was expecting the champion to have a team in the mid 60s. That's just a minor gripe though.

- The environments of the game are fantastic. There are a wide variety of different types of locations and you experience them all fairly early on in the game. Some regions feel very samey but Orbtus feels very varied. That does lead to a problem though--it can feel a bit like a theme park at times. Walk from one zone into another and suddenly the entire environment changes drastically. Not a big problem, a ton of games do this, but other Pokemon games tend to feel a little more natural in that respect.

- The introduction to the New Elders felt a little bit weak. I didn't really understand their purpose at all until nearly the very end of the game. I understood what they wanted to do but I felt like I had no idea why they were doing it. They mentioned "new world order" enough times, I just didn't know what they thought was wrong with the old one for the longest time.

- Speaking of the New Elders, I guess I was hoping that at some point I would see their base of operations. Maybe the Cold Storage in Atsail City was the extent of it, but I guess I hoped they had some major base of operations that the player would get to sneak into at some point like with many other evil teams. I felt like the final leg of the story with the series of battles against Eunice, Enoch, Ezekiel, and Morgana was nice (the back-to-back battle against Morgana and the titans was very nice, that felt appropriately challenging).

- Speaking of that back-to-back battle, it felt a little anti-climactic despite being challenging. As a player, I felt like I didn't have a lot of impact on the situation (in terms of storytelling). Realistically, Herschel saved the day and the player just bought time, which felt lame. I guess it just didn't have the impact of 'the final battle' with the antagonists. The gold standard of final encounters, to me, are N's Castle in B/W and the Distortion World in Platinum. Overall this was still fun and challenging and really well done. It was really compelling to play through.

- My absolute favorite thing about this hack was the number of secrets and the number of things to backtrack to later. All of the Strength rocks I couldn't push, the Rock Climb spots, and the waterfalls to climb were things I wanted to revisit ASAP. Honestly, I was ecstatic when I returned to the spot in Cosmic Cavern that needed Strength to get through and I encountered Deoxys. I think that captured the magic of the experience for me. I loved discovering new locations and secrets. The Hidden Grottoes and the Secret Temples were nice overall, but places like Emerald Peak and the cave in Cosmic Cavern were defining moments for my experience playing.

Bugs:

- Rayquaza's overworld sprite remained after I captured him. Interacting with that sprite crashed the game.

- My team registered into the Hall of Fame wrong. Chandelure, Yanmega, and Deoxys-Attack showed up as a question mark, a Caterpie, and a Mewtwo.

- The map glitched a lot during the credit roll. That's not a huge deal considering it's the credits though.

Overall, I absolutely loved playing through this hack. I can tell a lot of love went into the creation of Pokemon Gaia Version. I couldn't put it down after I picked it up. The problems I have with it are small nitpicks compared to the overall very positive feel of the whole game. I will genuinely look forward to V4. Excellent job.
                              #2864   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old 1 Week Ago (8:05 AM).

Nature: Modest
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Kingkillua481 View Post
                              Is there a way to get another Lucky Egg? I was fighting in the 6th gym and one of the pokemon used Switcharoo and took my Lucky Egg from my Drapion and after the battle I didnt get it back. And I'm not happy about that. Idk if it's a bug but arent you supposed to get your item back after the fight ends?
                              There is 5% chance that Chansey will hold Lucky egg.
                                #2865   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old 1 Week Ago (6:25 PM).

i have some doubts, help pls

1. There is a way to get Charizardite Y in game? I recieve wartotle+blastoisite because my initial choose but i crash an Fire Super Egg and now i have a Charizard.

2. Where is Galladite?
                                  #2866   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old 1 Week Ago (3:22 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Zeref-kun View Post
                                  i have some doubts, help pls

1. There is a way to get Charizardite Y in game? I recieve wartotle+blastoisite because my initial choose but i crash an Fire Super Egg and now i have a Charizard.
                                  You can get it in
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Loamas Town at Sgt. Stone's house. Just show him Charizard.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Zeref-kun View Post
                                  2. Where is Galladite?
                                  Unfortunately it's not in this hack.
                                    #2867   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (4:44 AM).

Where can I find a Wailmer in the 3.5 version??
                                      #2868   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old 1 Week Ago (3:22 AM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by PRESSUREBUILDING View Post
                                      Where can I find a Wailmer in the 3.5 version??
                                      At the end of first post are locations and info.
                                        #2869   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (3:46 PM).

When all of my Pokemon faint and I'll whiteout, It get rids of all of my money. Why is that?
                                          #2870   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old 6 Days Ago (9:40 PM).

can someone help me i am trying to pay on a mac and i did everything as instructed by when i launch the game in openemu its a video and i cant start the game i tried to click literally every button and nothing
                                            #2871   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old 5 Days Ago (12:37 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by duncan1123.

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by tyler34195 View Post
                                            can someone help me i am trying to pay on a mac and i did everything as instructed by when i launch the game in openemu its a video and i cant start the game i tried to click literally every button and nothing
                                            Try with VBA-M.
                                              #2872   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old 5 Days Ago (7:40 PM).

Is it possible to get a HA Eevee in this game? Through any means?
                                                #2873   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old 3 Days Ago (1:28 PM). Edited 3 Days Ago by Roselia Fan.
                                              Roselia Fan Roselia Fan is offline

First of all, thank Spherical Ice and everyone who helped in the making of this project so much for this amazing experience, I had such a good time with Gaia that I had to create an account here just to praise it. It had been a while ever since I played a Pokemon from start to finish without going full turbo mode, but I never felt the urge to use it with Gaia outside of skipping random encounters.

The story, outside of a few points regarding the New Elders motivations, that I felt were a bit rushed/not explored enough, which have already been pointed out in this thread, was engaging and the way the tone was handled reminded me of the mainline Pokémon games, really well done. The overworld is a thing of beauty and the way secrets are scattered throughout it was also something I really liked, making me actually interested in backtracking to find stuff previously locked by HMs and the like.

One thing that got me worried was the difficulty curve of the game. Even though there were some moments that felt challenging at first, those were mostly due to the element of surprise (the last battle against the Rival and Morgana's last stand come to mind), overall the game felt way too easy. Mind you, I only did one playthrough and it was a Normal-type only run (with the exception of Umbreon which I decided to keep for roleplaying reasons), so while I believe this should've also contributed to making the game harder than if I played normally, maybe my team was overleveled compared to what you expected when developing the game. I did no grinding though, so I find it hard to be the case.

I'd also claim the Battle Marsh is not well balanced for end game mons with proper movesets and training, it was real easy all the way up to the 20th battle (I believe) against Iris, in which I got a game breakingbug. Right after she mega evolved her Gengar, the game got stuck during my Staraptor's Brave Bird animation and never went back to normal. Since I don't have a discord account I apologize beforehand if this has already been reported, I couldn't check. I'll do another run later though, I really want to get to 100 wins.
                                                Pic related:

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by 1lamafarmer View Post
                                                Hi, Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been playing this hack for the past few days (love it!) and I've noticed an issue that seems consistent.

On the turn that an opponent's pokemon mega-evolves, my pokemon's attack targets itself instead of the opponent. This happened against the Nurse's mega-Audino, and Will's mega-Slowbro. On the poison gym leader's Venusaur I switched out on the turn that it mega-evolved so I don't know if it would have happened or not. I've only reached Will so far so I have no more examples to test as yet. Is this a regular issue? Or am I missing something?

Additionally, when my Scrafty is in battle and the opponent mega-evolves, Scrafty's Intimidate triggers on the mega-evolved pokemon. This is the first game I've played with mega-evolution so I don't know if this is standard or not, but it seems weird.

Sorry if these things are already reported, I haven't browsed extensively.

Cheers, and thanks again for the amazing hack!
                                                I've encountered both of these too more than once during my playthrough.

Anyways, thanks again for making this, here are some pics of my HoF team (Boufallant transformed into a Spinarak for some reason but whatever). Great rom-hack, Belly Drum Linoone OP, Loamas best town. Peace.

#2874   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old 2 Days Ago (1:30 AM).

I have a sliggoo which i desire to evolve. Naturally i understood that i would have to level her up in the marsh, but i have encountered a problem. It isnt raining in the marsh anymore, attempting to change the clock on my computer has not worked either. any feedback would be appreciated :/
                                                    #2875   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                  Old 2 Days Ago (3:58 AM).

Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Tobiazo View Post
                                                    I have a sliggoo which i desire to evolve. Naturally i understood that i would have to level her up in the marsh, but i have encountered a problem. It isnt raining in the marsh anymore, attempting to change the clock on my computer has not worked either. any feedback would be appreciated :/
                                                    you can evolve sliggoo at valoon way (west of valoon town)

Quick Reply