ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#101   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 21st, 2014 (10:41 AM).
Transgender Queen

Nature: Jolly
    I noticed the addition of the AssVest and the Choice Specs. These items are what make me really excited. I'm also excited for the new move animations. This is looking good, mate, keep it up!
      #102   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 21st, 2014 (11:30 AM).
    Life returns. Life prevails.

Nature: Naughty
      The addition of the Regal Stone is an amazing idea! And it looks exactly like a rich stone should. Do you plan to add any other new items to help with other means of evolution?
      Otherwise, the hack looks great! The Nintendo-like mapping is impeccable and I really can't wait to get my hands on it! Great job so far!
        #103   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old July 24th, 2014 (8:09 AM).
      Simple Wanderer of the World... I come from the shadows.

Nature: Relaxed
        Im waiting eternally for this hack!

Pokemon Super Eevee Edition
        Pokemon Red Adventures
        Pokemon Ruby Destiny Series

Name: Nrop Rats
        Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
          #104   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old July 24th, 2014 (2:46 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
          Maybe you could go back in time with celebi or dialga to see something of the past at one of the ruins,
          And maybe you can give the unown a role in your game,because they're so mysterious and amazing :t201-t:
          And I say it again, I can not wait to play the game
            #105   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old July 25th, 2014 (3:34 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JosefigGaming View Post
          Omg, that looks so good
          I feel kinda bad for saying this, since I couldn't do a better job in a lifetime, but I think in the move MoonBlast you should remove the Psybeam effect
          Thanks! I agree the beam looks a little awkward and I may revise the animation in the future but I think simply having only the moon appear would not really match the X/Y animation either so for now I'll keep it as it is.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by itari View Post
          I love the new move animations! Draco Meteor is perfect, and Moonblast looks wonderful for a spliced animation. Perhaps you could change the color the attacked Pokemon turns from pink to white or something closer to the moon, though?
          Thanks! That's a valid point, I'll look into doing that if and when I revise the animation.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Xfinity View Post
          Hey, I cannot say but great job with this. This hack looks stunning and definitely deserves HOTM. I was offering that I could help in creating a wild PKMN location list if you are looking for someone to do that. I am also one that some may consider a "Grammar Nazi" so if you need help with grammar, I could help with that too. I would be willing to help in any way possible for the hack. [Though I am not sure how it all works, getting the whole hack onto one ROM and staying connected with one another and up to date.] Anyways, if you need any help, I will be happy to help in any way possible that I am capable of. Good luck with the Pokemon Gaia!
          Thanks! I'd rather not restrict myself in the Pokémon I make available so I wouldn't see the use in a wild Pokémon creator, though I appreciate the offer. My grammar tends to be correct too and the errors that I do have tend to be picked up in testing anyway. Thanks again though!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dionen View Post
          I love that you created beautiful maps with most of the tileset being the FireRed Original. I've seen that before, but not that great. I like that you pay attention to every detail and want to make things complete. Do not give up!
          Thanks!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dustinskitso View Post
          I think a cool idea would be if you made it where you could pick up a poke ball contaning random pokemon like there just be laying around like item normally are accept u receive a pokom whn u pick it up..like maybe ghastly weedle just whatever random stuff you decided should go in it
          I'd rather not do this as it would undermine the uniqueness of event Pokémon. There are also Hidden Grottoes which kind of serve this purpose already, too. I appreciate the suggestion though!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BloodFrostX View Post
          I noticed the addition of the AssVest and the Choice Specs. These items are what make me really excited. I'm also excited for the new move animations. This is looking good, mate, keep it up!
          Thank you!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
          The addition of the Regal Stone is an amazing idea! And it looks exactly like a rich stone should. Do you plan to add any other new items to help with other means of evolution?
          Otherwise, the hack looks great! The Nintendo-like mapping is impeccable and I really can't wait to get my hands on it! Great job so far!
          Thanks! I do plan to try and get items like the Upgrade to function as evolution stones, as well as items for Gen. 4 evolutions like the Protector, for example.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Gelius3 View Post
          Im waiting eternally for this hack!
          Thanks!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by GlaceonLover123 View Post
          Maybe you could go back in time with celebi or dialga to see something of the past at one of the ruins,
          And maybe you can give the unown a role in your game,because they're so mysterious and amazing :t201-t:
          And I say it again, I can not wait to play the game
          That's an interesting idea, thanks!

This update only really focuses on things being revamped / recreated that I wasn't proud of.

First off, Aria has been completely redesigned to look far more like a Flying-type Trainer.

Parts of Phoena Tunnel have also been remapped, and the events that take place have also been adjusted slightly to make more sense. For example, the Tangrowth tablet is in a more discrete cave, and the tunnel is more convenient to traverse, and also slightly less linear.

I've also diversified the wild Pokémon available in Phoena Tunnel, with newcomers such as Spinarak and Machop now being available.

Obviously, these are all relatively minor changes, but I'd rather have things be polished than nonsensical or repetitive. Sorry!
            #106   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old July 25th, 2014 (10:49 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
            First off, Aria has been completely redesigned to look far more like a Flying-type Trainer.
            Oh dear. She has a full team on the 1st gym! This will be interesting, pushing your skills and usage of items to the limit right from the start! I like these kind of challenges, because a Gym Leader, is not supposed to be a walk in the park.

The revamp looks nice. She looks "pure" and light, as in, the way she dresses and how the white matches the clouds and their colors

Nice work, keep it up
              #107   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old July 28th, 2014 (5:00 PM).

Hey, im relatively new here and this is one of the first hacks ive been overly excited to see finished/released for play hahah if you need anyone to do a beta-test or to make a walkthrough/lets play video for id be happy to do any of those for you haha i am extremely looking forward to seeing this finished and wish you the best of luck :D
                #108   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old July 29th, 2014 (8:37 AM).

Ur welcome I just thought I'd throw it out there maybe u could use it next time if u wanted lol
                BTW ur hack looks solid thus far

I maybe a dad, but im never to old to play pokemon
                -me-
                  #109   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old July 30th, 2014 (12:25 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Shinoya View Post
                Oh dear. She has a full team on the 1st gym! This will be interesting, pushing your skills and usage of items to the limit right from the start! I like these kind of challenges, because a Gym Leader, is not supposed to be a walk in the park.

The revamp looks nice. She looks "pure" and light, as in, the way she dresses and how the white matches the clouds and their colors

Nice work, keep it up
                I've since changed her team again so that she only has 5 as it wasn't a particularly varied team with 6 anyway and the battle was somewhat tiresome. There is still a challenge, though!

Thanks!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by thetrainerralphie View Post
                Hey, im relatively new here and this is one of the first hacks ive been overly excited to see finished/released for play hahah if you need anyone to do a beta-test or to make a walkthrough/lets play video for id be happy to do any of those for you haha i am extremely looking forward to seeing this finished and wish you the best of luck :D
                I'm glad that you're so excited for this hack, it means a lot! Once there is a release of some sort I'll be glad to see people record their own Let's Plays and whatnot, so feel free to do that. Thanks!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dustinskitso View Post
                Ur welcome I just thought I'd throw it out there maybe u could use it next time if u wanted lol
                BTW ur hack looks solid thus far
                Thank you!

This is a relatively minor update showing some more move animations and the first custom move, Cry Out!

Petal Storm is the move Petal Blizzard from Gen. 6, but renamed because of the character limit.

Cry Out is a new Uproar clone that the Whismur line get at level 5 to replace Uproar. Uproar is now learned at around level 34, to compensate for its increased base power of 90 which has proven to be far too overpowered for a Pokémon that is easily available at essentially the beginning of the game. Cry Out therefore acts as a watered down version of Uproar, with a slightly different animation to suit. As a result of this, I've also modified all of the strings associated with Uproar to be more generic, instead referring to the Uproar that prevent sleep as simply "noise".
                  #110   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old July 30th, 2014 (12:29 PM).

Beautiful animation for Petal Storm there! Love the name 'Cry Out' too :).
                  #111   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old July 30th, 2014 (1:35 PM).
                Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Naive
                  So... is the Let's Play option open to anybody? I'm thinking of doing one myself... If and when I get the right programs.

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, and a few others who either have large banners or none at all.
                  I'm often not on, but when I am, I show my support in likes :-D
                  School is back in session. Time to stress out and disappear (even more so than before).
                    #112   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old August 1st, 2014 (8:33 AM).

Nature: Adamant
                    Super nice additions thus far, I hope you open source those attacks for compatibility later on :p
                      #113   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old August 1st, 2014 (2:29 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Magic View Post
                    Beautiful animation for Petal Storm there! Love the name 'Cry Out' too :).
                    Thank you!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
                    So... is the Let's Play option open to anybody? I'm thinking of doing one myself... If and when I get the right programs.
                    Yes, definitely!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by m.vit View Post
                    Super nice additions thus far, I hope you open source those attacks for compatibility later on :p
                    Thank you! I post all of my own effects and animations in the Move Resource thread, for official moves at least. As for Cry Out, that's literally an Uproar clone, and I just made a duplicate particle of the one Uproar uses and changed its palette. If you're desperate, though, I wouldn't really mind if you ripped any animations / effects of mine directly from the ROM once its released, provided you ask for my permission and it isn't the work of someone else.

Yet another minor update, I'm afraid. This time around, I've been working on updating the trainer sprites to more closely fit the art style of Aria's trainer sprite, and the trainer sprites of Gen. 4 / 5, to fit with the Pokémon sprites.

First, the Rival's sprite (his over world sprites haven't been made yet):

And some of the more generic trainer sprites:

While on the topic of updated graphics, I will eventually be updating the battle backgrounds too. I'm leaning towards the HG/SS battle backgrounds at the moment.
                      #114   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old August 1st, 2014 (2:48 PM).
                    Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm
                      Quote:
                      Thank you!

Yes, definitely!

Thank you! I post all of my own effects and animations in the Move Resource thread, for official moves at least. As for Cry Out, that's literally an Uproar clone, and I just made a duplicate particle of the one Uproar uses and changed its palette. If you're desperate, though, I wouldn't really mind if you ripped any animations / effects of mine directly from the ROM once its released, provided you ask for my permission and it isn't the work of someone else.

Yet another minor update, I'm afraid. This time around, I've been working on updating the trainer sprites to more closely fit the art style of Aria's trainer sprite, and the trainer sprites of Gen. 4 / 5, to fit with the Pokémon sprites.

First, the Rival's sprite (his over world sprites haven't been made yet):

And some of the more generic trainer sprites:

While on the topic of updated graphics, I will eventually be updating the battle backgrounds too. I'm leaning towards the HG/SS battle backgrounds at the moment.
                      I like how you made the trainer sprite fit the gen 3 style, rather than use the resize trainer sprite. Good luck!
                        #115   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old August 2nd, 2014 (1:18 PM).
                      deprived of sleep

Nature: Quirky
                        I love the petal storm animation, and the cave changes looks really good
                        The color palette of the cave is amazing.
                        The new move is also a great ideia, I love it
                          #116   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old August 3rd, 2014 (8:18 PM).

Are you gonna compose custom music like Sovereign of the Skies?

#117   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old August 3rd, 2014 (10:25 PM). Edited August 3rd, 2014 by MrDollSteak.
                          Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:

Petal Storm is the move Petal Blizzard from Gen. 6, but renamed because of the character limit.
                            Loving Petal Storm, great animation, noticed it in the 4th and 5th gen move resources page.

Though may I mention that I was never a huge fan of Chaos' Maractus Back Sprite, so I've made my own one.

Feel free to use it or not, just providing an alternative since I've had it done for awhile.
                              #118   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old August 4th, 2014 (1:26 AM).

Nature: Sassy
                            Really liking your recent updates. The graphical/engine upheval is good to see and I can't wait to see more.
                              #119   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old August 4th, 2014 (5:51 AM).

Really looking forward to this hack, not only are the graphics great and original, but also the story looks intriguing and I'm interested to see how this all pans out! Great work so far!
                                #120   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old August 4th, 2014 (6:12 AM). Edited August 4th, 2014 by negative.
                              Life returns. Life prevails.

Nature: Naughty
                                Love the trainer sprites you have there! They have that HG/SS feel feel to it, but still fit the style perfectly!
                                I think the HG/SS battle backgrounds would look really nice and the petal storm animation is divine!

Can't wait to see more!
                                  #121   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old August 8th, 2014 (7:56 AM).

It looks epic, simply epic. Can't wait for a beta!
                                    #122   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old August 13th, 2014 (6:17 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by DuoRyan View Post
                                  I like how you made the trainer sprite fit the gen 3 style, rather than use the resize trainer sprite. Good luck!
                                  Thank you, that was my intention! I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Dionen View Post
                                  I love the petal storm animation, and the cave changes looks really good
                                  The color palette of the cave is amazing.
                                  The new move is also a great ideia, I love it
                                  Thank you!

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Creator135 View Post
                                  Are you gonna compose custom music like Sovereign of the Skies?
                                  I personally won't be composing music due to a general lack of talent, but who knows? I have ported some music from other games, though.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                                  Loving Petal Storm, great animation, noticed it in the 4th and 5th gen move resources page.

Though may I mention that I was never a huge fan of Chaos' Maractus Back Sprite, so I've made my own one.

Feel free to use it or not, just providing an alternative since I've had it done for awhile.
                                  Thank you! That's a great Maractus back sprite, I really like it.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
                                  Really liking your recent updates. The graphical/engine upheval is good to see and I can't wait to see more.
                                  Thanks!

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by gbianco View Post
                                  Really looking forward to this hack, not only are the graphics great and original, but also the story looks intriguing and I'm interested to see how this all pans out! Great work so far!
                                  Thank you!

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
                                  Love the trainer sprites you have there! They have that HG/SS feel feel to it, but still fit the style perfectly!
                                  I think the HG/SS battle backgrounds would look really nice and the petal storm animation is divine!

Can't wait to see more!
                                  Thank you! I will probably delay inserting the battle backgrounds because of general laziness and because I'm still unsure on a few things, but they will eventually be a thing.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by pokepie View Post
                                  It looks epic, simply epic. Can't wait for a beta!
                                  Thanks!

I've been porting over some music from Emerald, fixing and changing small things, and working on inserting Hidden Grottoes. Here are some screenshots:

#123   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old August 13th, 2014 (8:26 AM).
                                  Hack'in as usual, it seem.

Nature: Calm
                                    Quote:
                                    Thank you, that was my intention! I'm glad you like it.

Thank you!

I personally won't be composing music due to a general lack of talent, but who knows? I have ported some music from other games, though.

Thank you! That's a great Maractus back sprite, I really like it.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Thank you! I will probably delay inserting the battle backgrounds because of general laziness and because I'm still unsure on a few things, but they will eventually be a thing.

Thanks!

I've been porting over some music from Emerald, fixing and changing small things, and working on inserting Hidden Grottoes. Here are some screenshots:

Wow! I like how you design the hidden grotto. This give me some idea for my hack. :D Anyway, I going to keep an eye on this, and I wish you the best of luck.
                                      #124   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old August 13th, 2014 (1:08 PM).

Nature: Sassy
                                      Quote:

I really like the idea of hidden grottoes. Looking good so far. :)

I'm wondering, since I don't think this has been mentioned yet, will you be having HMs in this hack?
                                        #125   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old August 13th, 2014 (1:35 PM).
                                      Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Naive
                                        That hidden grotto idea is fantastic! I love the way you subtly show the player where it is XD

I also support Pokemon Liquid Crystal, Glazed, and a few others who either have large banners or none at all.
                                        I'm often not on, but when I am, I show my support in likes :-D
                                        School is back in session. Time to stress out and disappear (even more so than before).

Quick Reply