ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#26   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 4th, 2015 (6:35 PM).

Could I get a detailed explanation as to how the Ecruteak City move tutor works? It said "variety of moves", but he's only offered to teach my Slowbro for example one move (Psywave and only Psywave).
      #27   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 5th, 2015 (1:37 AM).

Nice hack! Pretty challenging so far, I think it would go a long way if you included a pdf with evolutions, learnt moves, ect. Now that would be a god send.
        #28   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old July 6th, 2015 (7:24 AM).

Quote:
        Question: When/How do Kadabra, Graveler and Haunter evolve? They are level 46 now and don't seem likely to evolve before level 50 at least if it's by level...maybe I need an item of some sort...

Suggestion: did you think about applying the 4th gen physical/special split ? Pokemon like Gengar, Sneasel, Gyarados and Feraligatr would beneficiate from it...
        They will all evolve by level. Just not as soon as level 46. If you downloaded the hack after the Kadabra evolution fix, it will evolve into Alakazam eventually.

One of the main priorities with Pokemon Pyrite was to stick to original gsc mechanics, which, of course, means no special split.

Quote:
        Could I get a detailed explanation as to how the Ecruteak City move tutor works? It said "variety of moves", but he's only offered to teach my Slowbro for example one move (Psywave and only Psywave).
        It will teach any compatible RBY TM move except those that can be already learned by the pokemon in another way (by level up or by GSC TM). If you go to the move tutor right now with your Slowbro, he will try to teach it a different move unless you are very unlucky. You probably tried to have the move tutor teach Slowbro a move multiple times only within seconds or minutes, and without doing anything else, so the move didn't change. I don't want to reveal the mechanics of the move tutor, but if you check it again now, it's very unlikely that he will try to teach Slowbro Psywave again.

Quote:
        Nice hack! Pretty challenging so far, I think it would go a long way if you included a pdf with evolutions, learnt moves, ect. Now that would be a god send.
        Sorry, but I don't want to. I like that the players discover them by playing, and by surprise. Nobody had a document with the evolutions and moves when Pokemon G/S/C were released (or any other game) until after some time. At least in Pokemon Pyrite you know what moves your Pokemon can learn and what pokemon they evolve into, it's only about the when or possibly the how. I think this way makes it at least a bit more exciting (to the extent that this hack can be exciting).
          #29   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old July 6th, 2015 (9:14 AM).

Managed to get a shiny Ditto...:D Shiny breedng here I come!

Questions : Will my level 52 Growlithe ever learn Crunch? And is my level 48 Starmie forever stuck without recover? Can it learn Psychic by level or do I have to use the TM...
          If we don't choose to teach a certain move via the move tutor will it ever roll back and be teachable again? Can we teach several R/B/Y moves to the same pokemon?
            #30   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old July 8th, 2015 (7:05 AM).

I believe Crunch is only an egg move on Growlithe, so it's not learned by level up. If you caught your Staryu at a high level it has already forgotten recover. You'd have to catch a lower level staryu (which can be found somewhere else) if you want a Starmie with Recover. Starmie doesn't learn Psychic by level up in Crystal, so you'd have to expect that it doesn't in Pyrite either. Starmie is already a very good pokemon, so it didn't need a boost on its moveset or anything else.

Quote:
            If we don't choose to teach a certain move via the move tutor will it ever roll back and be teachable again? Can we teach several R/B/Y moves to the same pokemon?
            Yes, all moves will rotate eventually. For Pokemon that can learn more moves via tutor, there's less chances for a specific move to appear since there are more moves to draw from, but all moves have the same chances to show. You can teach a different move to the same Pokemon multiple times, provided it doesn't know the move already.
              #31   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old July 9th, 2015 (8:39 AM).

I think it's a bug or maybe it is intended like that but there's a male top trainer in Victory Road who seems to be rebattable almost every time we pass in front of him...It's the one with : Azumarill, Exeggutor,Tyranitar, Ninetales in his team...
                #32   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old July 9th, 2015 (12:47 PM). Edited July 9th, 2015 by chetchaka.

Nature: Calm
                This is an incredible effort and a delight to play. I love all of the map changes so far!
                The difficulty is refreshing due to not feeling unfair. I would suggest changing the way the game saves to prevent quick and easy save-scumming, which removes any sense of real danger from Pokemon - for example, Quick Saves Only in the pause menu (previously implemented in other hacks so it is possible, with the downside of deleting your progress when you don't save again!), OR permanent saves by talking to the nurse in the Pokemon Center (or some other stuff, like a special character who stands around waiting to record your adventure).

The challenge in implementing this seems pretty okay if you do one or the other - the ideal solution of implementing both at the same time seems intensely difficult since the game would need -two- save systems, or an interchangable save system that reminds you to make a another temporary / permanent save if your last save was temporary.

EDIT: Also, a forced+scripted save before fighting legendary Pokemon that saves you in front of the Legendary, but the Pokemon in question has disappeared. Prevents save-scumming for infinite retries.
                Alternatively, make every dungeon before reaching a Legendary very grueling and lengthy (Somehow disable or nerf Repel?).
                In both cases, having Legendaries respawn after Elite 4 unless caught would be a good idea.
                  #33   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old July 10th, 2015 (12:41 AM).

Quote:
                  I think it's a bug or maybe it is intended like that but there's a male top trainer in Victory Road who seems to be rebattable almost every time we pass in front of him...It's the one with : Azumarill, Exeggutor,Tyranitar, Ninetales in his team...
                  What do you mean by "almost, and are you sure you didn't lose to him before? He's never challenged me more than once and I just tested again it's not challenging me. In G/S/C trainer events set their own flag once battled, so it makes little sense that one of these type of trainers will challenge you more than once in a row.

Quote:
                  This is an incredible effort and a delight to play. I love all of the map changes so far!
                  The difficulty is refreshing due to not feeling unfair. I would suggest changing the way the game saves to prevent quick and easy save-scumming, which removes any sense of real danger from Pokemon - for example, Quick Saves Only in the pause menu (previously implemented in other hacks so it is possible, with the downside of deleting your progress when you don't save again!), OR permanent saves by talking to the nurse in the Pokemon Center (or some other stuff, like a special character who stands around waiting to record your adventure).

The challenge in implementing this seems pretty okay if you do one or the other - the ideal solution of implementing both at the same time seems intensely difficult since the game would need -two- save systems, or an interchangable save system that reminds you to make a another temporary / permanent save if your last save was temporary.

EDIT: Also, a forced+scripted save before fighting legendary Pokemon that saves you in front of the Legendary, but the Pokemon in question has disappeared. Prevents save-scumming for infinite retries.
                  Alternatively, make every dungeon before reaching a Legendary very grueling and lengthy (Somehow disable or nerf Repel?).
                  In both cases, having Legendaries respawn after Elite 4 unless caught would be a good idea.
                  Sorry but the save system will stay unchanged. It depends on the players to play the game in a fair way without exploiting the current save mechanics.
                    #34   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old July 10th, 2015 (9:55 AM).

Quote : What do you mean by "almost, and are you sure you didn't lose to him before? He's never challenged me more than once and I just tested again it's not challenging me. In G/S/C trainer events set their own flag once battled, so it makes little sense that one of these type of trainers will challenge you more than once in a row.

Well I lost against him once soft resetted and rebattled him then won...then lost against my rival resetted again using the reset feature of the emulator, respawned in front of said trainer with my team just like after i had won...and he challenged me again...I had to try three times to win again...went back out of the cave in the house where a lady heals our team, went back to the cave, saved before the trainer in case and he challenged me again...I won saved after walking some more, couldn't defeat my rival this time either, went back to heal my team, went back got challenged agin...Basically every time I get back to victory road on my way to the rival that trainer is rebattable. But it takes some steps/time for him to be rebattable...Once defeated he will stay like this until we change maps and come back...or maybe I have to defeat my rival to correct that trainer's flag...
                      #35   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old July 10th, 2015 (12:18 PM).

Ok, I've found the bug, thanks for the report. The flag bytes were swapped so the trainer was setting a wrong flag that lied in echo ram. It will go unnoticed in vba due to the echo ram bug (that's why I failed to replicate it), but not in other emulators. The hack has been reuploaded. You may also fix the bug with a hex editor by writing 0x9B at 0x77660 and 0x02 at 0x77661.
                        #36   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old July 10th, 2015 (3:33 PM).
                      Trainer

Nature: Lax
                        Hey, this hack looks great. I have a question though. Is this hack completed except for bug fixes, or is there still storyline hacking to do? Good luck finishing this and your future hacking.
                          #37   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old July 10th, 2015 (5:39 PM). Edited July 11th, 2015 by Yuuuka.

2 hours non-stop trying to figure out the Vermillion puzzle. It's impossible. Help?

EDIT: Worked eventually by randomly pressing. But, still, really want to know the logic behind it out of curiosity.

Otherwise, wonderful hack. :) Really enjoying it.

A few bugs...
                          - Moltres respawns (the other two birds don't)
                          - When you try to deposit Cleanse Tag in your PC, the game freezes.
                          - The bug catcher north of Viridian (very first one) appears as the female playable character, Crystal, and not as a bug catcher.

EDIT 2: Won against Blaine. Can't leave gym. :(
                            #38   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old July 12th, 2015 (6:51 AM).

how evolve slowking?
                              #39   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old July 12th, 2015 (1:39 PM).

Hello! Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this mod. Just wanted to point out a few things:

-The Elite Four seem to have incorrect names in-battle, such as Lance displaying as Brock.
                              -Whenever I go to deposit items, I'll randomly get an opcode error on my emulator and it'll crash. Other times, it'll take me to a screen explaining that it's for a Game Boy Color only.

There's something else I know I'm forgetting, but I'll post it when I remember!
                                #40   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old July 12th, 2015 (2:11 PM). Edited July 12th, 2015 by Glitch Kitty.

From my tests in game:

Water stone: Poliwhirl > Politoed
                                Slowpoke > Slowking
                                Shellder > Cloyster
                                Eevee > Vaporeon (?) < Didn't test but I suppose it's the case

Fire stone : Vulpix > Ninetales
                                Growlithe > Arcanine
                                Eevee > Flareon (?) < Didn't test but I suppose it's the case

Thunder Stone:
                                Pikachu > Raichu
                                Eevee > Jolteon (?) < Didn't test but I suppose it's the case

Evolved by stone but now evolve by level : Poliwhirl > Poliwrath
                                Exeggcute > exeggcutor
                                Staryu > Starmie

Haven't tested the grass, moon and sun stones yet to see if they work on their respective pokemon. Or if Eevee now needs the sun and moon stones to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon.

Questions: Can I hope to see my Golem learn rock Slide ? Where can i get the Amulet Coin for more money ?
                                  #41   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old July 12th, 2015 (2:38 PM).

Nature: Calm
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Eternal248 View Post
                                  Hello! Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this mod. Just wanted to point out a few things:

-The Elite Four seem to have incorrect names in-battle, such as Lance displaying as Brock.
                                  -Whenever I go to deposit items, I'll randomly get an opcode error on my emulator and it'll crash. Other times, it'll take me to a screen explaining that it's for a Game Boy Color only.

There's something else I know I'm forgetting, but I'll post it when I remember!
                                  Which emulators are you using?
                                    #42   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old July 12th, 2015 (7:05 PM).

I'm using Visual Boy Advance. I read some of the above posts and noticed it is, indeed, the Cleanse Tag that's causing the crashing/opcode issue.
                                      #43   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old July 13th, 2015 (1:58 AM).

The Moltres issue has been fixed. It was an error in the object hiding.

Quote:
                                      It was only Karen and Lance wasn't it? If so, I've found the bug and it should be fixed now.

I couldn't replicate any of the other glitches however. I've deposited plenty of items in the PC including cleanse tag and it always worked fine, tested in both vba and bgb. I'll investigate a bit more into it though.
                                        #44   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old July 13th, 2015 (4:09 AM).

Nice hack! looks very polished.
                                          #45   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old July 13th, 2015 (5:46 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Crystal_ View Post
                                          The Moltres issue has been fixed. It was an error in the object hiding.

It was only Karen and Lance wasn't it? If so, I've found the bug and it should be fixed now.

I couldn't replicate any of the other glitches however. I've deposited plenty of items in the PC including cleanse tag and it always worked fine, tested in both vba and bgb. I'll investigate a bit more into it though.
                                          What about the Blaine issue? Any insight on that? Because it's been keeping me from playing the game for a few days now...and I was really hooked, which is a compliment, btw. :)
                                            #46   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old July 13th, 2015 (5:50 AM).

Quote:
                                            EDIT 2: Won against Blaine. Can't leave gym
                                            Quote:
                                            What about the Blaine issue? Any insight on that? Because it's been keeping me from playing the game for a few days now...and I was really hooked, which is a compliment, btw
                                            I've noticed that I accidentally brought up this bug when I fixed the other Blaine gym bug, so sorry for the inconvenience. It's been fixed in the latest patch that it's being uploaded as I'm writing this post. EDIT: already uploaded

I couldn't however replicate the other two issues in all the emulators that I tried (1. not being able to enter Blaine gym and 2. game crashing when depositing items -Cleanse Tag in particular- in the PC).
                                              #47   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old July 13th, 2015 (7:27 AM).

i cant evolve my chikorita she is at lvl 20 and she doesnt gain any xp
                                                #48   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old July 13th, 2015 (10:52 PM).
                                              TreeFiddy350 TreeFiddy350 is offline

Ah nice a challenging hack. Will download soon
                                                  #49   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old July 15th, 2015 (3:16 AM).
                                                Drake Seawood Drake Seawood is offline

Nature: Brave
                                                  Well done, master! I haven't commented yet, but seems most of people has gone furthen than me in this game. I know you didn't make this hack for Nuzlocke puposes but I do like to go against any predictions!

What I can say, this hackrom is awesome, specially the level curve. I didn't imagine that the evolution level changes would be so well done. It makes the game more interesting and exciting. Grinding sometimes become a pain in the ass. However, there are some grinding spots when you can level up easly.

I haven't found any bugs yet. I'm refreshing the GBC file too for every fix that you do.

My Pyrite Nuzlocke Challenge! PART 1
                                                  Spoiler:
                                                  I downloaded the game 2 days after it came out, but I really didnt see any bugs beside those one which have been reported these days.

Okay, we start as usual at New Bark Town and since the starter is a stationary Pokemon, I always do soft resets to get a good one with decent stats. Ta-dan! After 50 resets or something I got a shiny Totodile, which I forgot to rename, but who cares? It's a f.....ing shiny mon! And its stats are good enough (I can rename it later on with the name rater, ofc).

I start to explore the routes, I can get Sentrets, owls, rats, tiny birds, etc but Pikachu caught my attention, hoping that I would encounter it again after I get some Pokeballs. The first battle against the rival wasn't a big deal (as usual, duh): a couple of leers and dile can deal decent ammount of dmg to chikorita, specially with rage increasing dmg.

After leaving the Egg to prof Elm I got some Pokeballs, then I went to route 29 hoping to find Pikachu....but! A wild pidgey appears ._. Okay, it's not that... I caught it and renamed as Jetstorm.

I went then right off the bat to route 46 and the first encounter was: A shiny Geodude! :O :O :O (crap, that 1/256 thing works fine! gj Crystal_). Luckily, I managed to catch him after a couple of Pball throws. Named Rocky (how creative...).

I keep training/looking for another good team mate and at route 30 I encounter a Spinarak... Seems it's bug and weak as hell against Falkner, I decide to finish him. So, my next exploring area is Dark Cave and the surprises don't finish: A shiny Zubat! (Hell, yeah!) Welcome Bruce!
                                                  I managed to caught it and caught also a wild Bellsprout (Carnivora) at route 31 (trade it for the Violet City Onix?? Naaaah).

With not much explanation, I trained hard to beat all the sages at the Bellsprout Tower (without potions it would have been impossible) but unfortunately Carnivora was taken down by a critical hit confusion from a haggot Curse Slowpoke :( Anyway with ony 4 members and a bit of luck I managed to defeat Falkner as well at the price of losing Jetstorm in battle :'(

Keeping my way to route 32, I caught a Nidoran Female, named Dina. Also, I noticed that a hidden item was removed from a determinated spot (Crystal_, check pic). It was intended to be a Great ball, btw.
                                                  I dont remember where but I managed to catch a Psyduck (it was a new route, I swear) which I renamed Darwin and a Sandshrew (Sonyk) into Union Cave. I decided to keep Sonyk into the box.

After I beat Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well, I train hard to face Bugsy. For some reason I decide to put into the box Dina and Sonyk after the training, even if they could help a bit against the bug leader.

This Gym was hard as hell, I didn't mind Bugs would be so powerful offensively in battle. Made me remind the changes I made in Strike Yellow. When I finally reach Bugsy, I spent all my Antidotes...

The battle starts. All my pokemon do manage to deal decent ammount of damage but they are weakened every time and I have to watch out for a finishing blow or strong move from my opponent. Then Bugsy sends out a Heracross... WHAT? A Heracross?? WTF!! I change Croconaw to Bruce and a freaking Horn Attack did 65% dmg!! Are you kidding?? That's not all, seems that Heracross can outspeed easily Croconaw, Rocky and Darwin with no problem. Bruce has Wing Attack, so I pray to Arceus to attack first (it's a shiny, come on! It must be faster!). And YES! I'm faster and Heracross just ate that 4x weakness! Hell yeah!

I totally forgot about Scyther and I said myself: Oh, crap, where the heck is Scyther?? I haven't faced him yet... And talking about the devil: There come scyther at full hp @_@ I have 3 tubercolous Pokemon left and Rocky with 55~60% HP. I send out Rocky. Took very well a Fury Cutter CRITICAL HIT! (crap!) I pray again to Arceus, asking for the next incoming Fury Cutter hit wouldn't slay Rocky...

And that happened! Rocky survived with only 6 HP!! It was so exciting! Now, the hax that you just dont want to happen "ROCK THROW, PLEASE, DONT MISS! and it doesn't miss :D :D :D Yeah, Scyther you can eat that 4x weakness with pleasure! MUAHAHAHA

And the battle, finally, ended this way:

Well that's all from me for now. I'll try to look for inconsistencies that haven't been reported yet.
                                                    #50   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                  Old July 15th, 2015 (1:49 PM).
                                                  TreeFiddy350 TreeFiddy350 is offline

I thought this was a very fun hack. However, for some reason my game won't load anymore and the save file is gone. I realize it might be the emulator (John GBC Lite) but I've never had this happen to me so I suspect it was the hack.

Quick Reply