ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#51   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old July 16th, 2015 (4:02 PM).

why cant i evolve my chikorita she is already lvl 20
      #52   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old July 18th, 2015 (3:09 AM). Edited July 18th, 2015 by Deliciousfruit233.

Nature: Lax
      I'm enjoying this hack so far. However, I have a couple questions. Is it possible to get the amulet coin? I felt robbed after it was replaced by an Ultra Ball in the basement. Also, how do the level caps work in the postgame? The last I saw was Clair's level 82 one, and I've just beaten Brock and am getting close to it. However, Brock didn't mention anything about the next cap. Also, has the critical hit formula been messed with? They seem to happen almost every 2 or 3 turns in this hack, much closer to RBY levels.

Anyways, enjoying the hack a lot. So far, I've just been killing all the wild pokemon I see, but that along with the trainers has kept my levels slightly higher than the trainers, and on par with the gym leaders/E4 (granted, hunting the dogs helped a lot). However, even with almost maxing out the caps, this game's been challenging. The "locked in the gym" element, combined with forced Set, is making it so I have to really think about my moves before act. As a result, I've been using a lot more tanky pokemon that can absorb damage from switches (or just nullify it completely). This hack has forced me to resort to strategies I usually never use ingame. Hell, several of the endgame battles feel more like link battles than ingame ones. I have to applaud the creator of this hack for making the hack difficult while not making it a grindfest (besides me being a stubborn jackass who insisted on breeding a Drill Peck Skarmory and grinding it to the rest of my team. Catching it up would've been much simpler if I had gone with Fly, though I'd rather not do that). I mean, sure the level curve is a bit high, but the game goes out of it's way to make sure you don't fall behind.

Also, to the person above me, the evolution levels are changed, and unfortunately the one for the starters is past the first cap. Once you beat Falkner you will raise the cap to level 30,which will be more than enough to evolve Chikorita.
        #53   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old July 18th, 2015 (12:02 PM). Edited July 21st, 2015 by ererbus.

thats great, ive been looking for a hack like this, after i beat emerald omega im gonna start this one, nice job crystal :)

Edit: i have started it a bit, im now in violet city and training my pokes, im glad i get to have gengar :)

http://www.pokemonbattlequest.net/register.asp?ref=411871

http://www.immortalnight.com/register.php?REF=3080632

Use these links to get some points that will help you
          #54   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old July 20th, 2015 (1:00 AM).

Quote:
          I'm enjoying this hack so far. However, I have a couple questions. Is it possible to get the amulet coin? I felt robbed after it was replaced by an Ultra Ball in the basement. Also, how do the level caps work in the postgame? The last I saw was Clair's level 82 one, and I've just beaten Brock and am getting close to it. However, Brock didn't mention anything about the next cap. Also, has the critical hit formula been messed with? They seem to happen almost every 2 or 3 turns in this hack, much closer to RBY levels.
          The critical hit formula hasn't been changed. I believe it is around 6.6% in G/S/C and so it is in Pyrite.
          The level cap increases with Kanto gym badges too, even though the leaders do not mention it. It increases around 2-3 levels per kanto gym, up to level 100 after the last badge.
          Amulet Coin cannot be found yet. With the increase in levels and to an extent the balancing of base money, you gain far more money than you did in the original games. Amulet Coin was removed from that location intentionally.

Quote:
          why cant i evolve my chikorita she is already lvl 20
          Because it still takes more levels to evolve it.
            #55   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old July 21st, 2015 (1:29 PM).

Hey I have a question about obtaining the gs ball. I beat the elite four twice but still haven't found it. The only scenario I can think of is Urkio giving it to you for defeating him. However I lost and still got access to the gym so I have no idea if he planned to give it to me after
              #56   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old July 22nd, 2015 (12:33 PM).

It can be obtained even with only 6 badges. There's a guy inside the pokemon center of a certain city in johto (again, before the seventh badge) that will give you the gs ball if you give him something in return (just find him and talk to him, it's not hidden or anything). He'll ask you for a certain item in return, and said item can be found sometimes held (~20%) by a certain water pokemon that can be encountered by fishing.

And this is all I'm going to say!
                #57   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old July 24th, 2015 (8:39 AM).

Thanks. I also have a question about obtaining smeargle too. Can't find it's location in the pokedex
                  #58   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old July 26th, 2015 (1:35 AM). Edited July 26th, 2015 by kooba.

Is there any way to teach my Slowbro Thunderwave through the Ecruteak move tutor?

EDIT: Nevermind, he taught it to him :)
                    #59   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old July 26th, 2015 (9:46 AM). Edited July 26th, 2015 by ererbus.

i cant get the secret potion i need to give to jasmine, i got to the pharmacy in cianwood but he only sells me stuff, help

EDIT: nevermind i needed to defeat the gym leader

http://www.pokemonbattlequest.net/register.asp?ref=411871

http://www.immortalnight.com/register.php?REF=3080632

Use these links to get some points that will help you
                      #60   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old July 28th, 2015 (12:07 AM).

With the changes in how often shiny pokemon appear (1/256), were there any changes to the breeding aspects of it? I remember back in G/S/C, the odds of hatching a shiny pokemon while breeding with a shiny ditto was about 1/64. Has that been altered to a lower amount as well?
                        #61   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old July 29th, 2015 (5:28 AM).

Quote:
                        I also have a question about obtaining smeargle too. Can't find it's location in the pokedex
                        Thanks for pointing it out. It looks like I made Smeargle unobtainable, accidentally. It's been added as a wild Pokemon to a certain route with a low encounter rate as it was meant to be, and the ips patch has been reuploaded. I've checked again and it looks like all the other 250 pokemon are obtainable in one way or another as it was meant to be.

Quote:
                        With the changes in how often shiny pokemon appear (1/256), were there any changes to the breeding aspects of it? I remember back in G/S/C, the odds of hatching a shiny pokemon while breeding with a shiny ditto was about 1/64. Has that been altered to a lower amount as well?
                        The breeding mechanics are unchanged. The shiny status in Pokemon Pyrite only depends on the pokemon's Defense and Special DVs, but I don't remember which DV values a baby pokemon inherits from the parent(s). Maybe someone else knows and can give you the answer, because in Pyrite it'd be the same as in the original Pokemon Crystal.
                          #62   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old July 30th, 2015 (5:51 AM).

In route 46 the trainers have their pokemon at lvl 30s while they should be at 60s, i dont know if you forgot to change them but i though i might point it out
                            #63   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old July 31st, 2015 (12:15 AM).

Where can I find a low level staryu so it still knows recover? Every one that Ive found has been higher level and forgot it already.
                              #64   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old July 31st, 2015 (2:39 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TreeFiddy350 View Post
                              Where can I find a low level staryu so it still knows recover? Every one that Ive found has been higher level and forgot it already.
                              In the water between Johto and Kanto when going to Tohjo Falls there are at level 33 and still know the move or you can catch a high level one and breed it (if possible with a shiny Ditto for increased shiny rate) and train the baby...
                                #65   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old July 31st, 2015 (8:52 AM).

Nature: Brave
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Glitch Kitty View Post
                                In the water between Johto and Kanto when going to Tohjo Falls there are at level 33 and still know the move or you can catch a high level one and breed it (if possible with a shiny Ditto for increased shiny rate) and train the baby...
                                Staryu is genderless LOL
                                  #66   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old July 31st, 2015 (9:26 AM).

Quote:
                                  In route 46 the trainers have their pokemon at lvl 30s while they should be at 60s, i dont know if you forgot to change them but i though i might point it out
                                  It's because these trainers can be found earlier than the trainers in route 45, which can only be battled after reaching blackthorn. However the route 46 trainers can be found after you get rock smash (iirc), by going through dark cave (from the violet entrance).
                                    #67   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old July 31st, 2015 (12:12 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Crystal_ View Post
                                    It's because these trainers can be found earlier than the trainers in route 45, which can only be battled after reaching blackthorn. However the route 46 trainers can be found after you get rock smash (iirc), by going through dark cave (from the violet entrance).
                                    oh ok, ty, sometime i need to explore dark cave :P btw im at the pokemon league, tryed to defeat koga but i couldnt, i like how you have made his team, if the rest of the league is like that i will have trouble even after full training (lvl 82 max)
                                      #68   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old July 31st, 2015 (6:04 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Drake Seawood View Post
                                      Staryu is genderless LOL
                                      Indeed that's why I advised to breed it with a shiny Ditto...Ditto can breed with anything no matter the gender or lack there of and when breeding with a shiny Ditto the chance of hatching a shiny baby is 1/64 in the vanilla version but seems closer to 1/4 or even 1/2 in this hack from my own experience
                                        #69   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old August 1st, 2015 (4:08 PM).

Can you link to the GSC Evolution Editor that you used? The only one that I can find by searching isn't compatible with Crystal.
                                          #70   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old August 5th, 2015 (9:36 AM).
                                        Shtposting is my life.

Nature: Brave
                                          I love the features! Good Luck!
                                            #71   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old August 6th, 2015 (6:36 PM).
                                          Banned

I finally beat the whole game , as in got 16 badges, beat Red and the elite four twice. I really enjoyed the game but I have one question. Why is the battle tower not working?
                                              #72   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old August 9th, 2015 (4:02 AM).

Quote:
                                              Why is the battle tower not working?
                                              Because the trainers have not been changed. I had plans to update the battle tower in the future so I left it close. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be working on it in the near future.
                                                #73   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                              Old August 9th, 2015 (10:21 AM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Crystal_ View Post
                                                Because the trainers have not been changed. I had plans to update the battle tower in the future so I left it close. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be working on it in the near future.
                                                That's a huge letdown. Maybe get some help to work on the Battle Tower?
                                                  #74   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                Old August 11th, 2015 (2:52 AM).

It's not help what I need, just time that I don't plan to dedicate to this hack anymore. Sorry.
                                                    #75   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                                  Old August 11th, 2015 (1:24 PM).

Nature: Docile
                                                    (After a chain of lurking on this site for a year or so, you made me make an account!)

I don't have anything super important to say other than this hack certainly deserves a ton more attention than what it looks like it gets. I just beat the Elite Four a few days ago and I must say, this hack was excellent. It was hard, but never so hard that I just gave up and didn't come back to it. The changes to the movepools (as far as I saw, at least) were spot on and the evolution delay fit perfectly with the curve. Though maybe some of them felt a bit too late in the game.

Anyways, I see that you just mentioned not planning on progressing this particular hack, but if you do anything in the future, I can't wait to see it.

Quick Reply