ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Ad Content

#126   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 8th, 2018 (8:37 PM). Edited August 8th, 2018 by SkyVortex.

Nature: Mild
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Senor Charizard View Post
    Nope I havent used any cheats at all. Thanks alot, I would greatly appreciate if you would spare the time to fix my save file, really nice of you, just let me know how I can send it to you.
    A good way to send it would be to upload it to MediaFire, Google Drive or Dropbox, etc. and then send the link to me through a Private Message. Another way is to upload it in your post as an attachment, though that would also make it available for every other member to download if they see it here.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by L Z View Post
    I've been quietly following this hack's progress for a while now and must say I'm eager to see it completed. However, the reason I'm speaking up now is due to this talk about the disobedient Mew, because I have seen this phenomenon in another popular ROM hack before. I don't know if this will be of any value to you, but the ROM Hack Pokmon Glazed (or at least, the version of it that I played) also had an obtainable Mew in it that for one reason or another simply would not obey me in combat. I felt compelled to bring this up considering the same bug is apparently occurring for the same Pokmon in a game that is using the same ROM base.

I also feel compelled to mention that there was an NPC in the aforementioned hack that would force a Pokmon to be obedient, which is what I eventually utilized to get around this issue in-game.

Again, sorry if this doesn't help, but I felt it might.
    Thank you, it does help since it reminded me of a different way to fix this problem.

Nintendo apparently did this intentionally to penalize those who get Mew outside of official events, and it looks like they also structured its script in a particular way so as to allow it to be obedient if you get it on Faraway Island. Though as mentioned before, this had to be changed for me to give it a custom Shiny rate. I see that Deoxys has a similarly built script, and probably had the same restriction placed on it as Mew did. Apparenty it can be fixed by triggering some flag in the RAM, which must be why a script run by an NPC can solve it in-game.

My YouTube Channel
    My AdventureQuest/BattleOn character

My Tutorials:
    Stabilizing Pokemon Emerald (Preventing Corruption)
    [Emerald] Controlling Trainer Battle Music... Without ASM
    How to Fix the 64K Save 'White-Screen' in VBA Without Save-States

My ROM Hack:
      #127   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 15th, 2018 (5:47 PM). Edited August 20th, 2018 by SkyVortex.

For everyone having problems with Mew disobeying in battle, I found a patch on this page here that fixes it in the ROM: https://code.google.com/archive/p/pokemon-randomiser/downloads

Look for "Pokemon Emerald Mew Fix.ips"

Also I found a bug in Sootopolis City that causes you to basically take control of another sprite on the map if you enter/exit a a menu while near the Cave of Origin (in this case the guy blocking the cave entrance) which can be inescapable if you don't have a move like Fly to leave the map. Below is a patch that not only fixes this problem, but also does the following:

1) Switches the Espeon/Umbreon evolution method, effectively making it function the way it should (Espeon = day, Umbreon = night)

2) Adds a little bit to the Raikou event that basically helps to warn players to save their game before going further so it won't be so bad of a surprise.

3) Fixes the new 'bone-pile' tiles in the desert so that they do not overlap the Player sprite.

4) Gets rid of the random sprite issue in Lilycove's PKMN Center.

5) Fixes Mew's script so that it obeys after being caught, but if you already did the event then just use the patch above to bypass that problem.
      *Note that this fix also removes the higher Shiny rate for Mew and reverts it to the normal 1/8192 chance*

6) Allows you to obtain the current iteration of the EV-IV scanning item (at the Abandoned Ship, in place of the Scanner). The script and actual feature works as intended (once you do the sidequest), but its name and appearance are a bit of a prototype right now so if it seems strange then you guys can give me some ideas if you'd like.

Here's the Bug-Fix patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q5f12r1p7pfomkt/CE_BugFixes_08152018.ips/file
      *Be sure to only apply it to the current release of CosmicEmerald*

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
        #128   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old August 17th, 2018 (6:48 AM).

Hi sky Im almost done with the post game so far, but I have 2 questions, 1) where do i have to go to catch Celebi or better said where do I find the Celebi event ? I already got the GS ball, but cant find the event anywhere.

Second question I have is, what is the time frame for catching Mewtwo (im playing on a PSP so day and time are pretty off), because a few days ago I was shortly before midnight (ingame) in the right place, but nothing happened.

Just used the new patch to check out the new IV/EV base item, I think it works pretty great, nice job with its implementation ! But I guess some people just wont find out that they have to speak with the scientist in slateport to make it work, maybe a hint or some other clue should be implemented to be sure that really everyone knows how to make it work, or just give the player the already working scanner from the get go.

Great job and keep it going !
          #129   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old August 17th, 2018 (9:48 AM).

Hi . Just play your hack for 10m , its nice work ,guy . And also i want to ask can Kirlia evolve to Gallade on this hack ?
            #130   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old August 17th, 2018 (1:31 PM). Edited August 17th, 2018 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pokepro22 View Post
            Hi sky Im almost done with the post game so far, but I have 2 questions, 1) where do i have to go to catch Celebi or better said where do I find the Celebi event ? I already got the GS ball, but cant find the event anywhere.

Second question I have is, what is the time frame for catching Mewtwo (im playing on a PSP so day and time are pretty off), because a few days ago I was shortly before midnight (ingame) in the right place, but nothing happened.

Just used the new patch to check out the new IV/EV base item, I think it works pretty great, nice job with its implementation ! But I guess some people just wont find out that they have to speak with the scientist in slateport to make it work, maybe a hint or some other clue should be implemented to be sure that really everyone knows how to make it work, or just give the player the already working scanner from the get go.

Great job and keep it going !
            Celebi is in a special post-game location you have already been to if you have the GS Ball. I don't really want to spoil the surprise, but if you still can't find it just send me a PM and I'll let you know where it is.

Mewtwo is actually a past-midnight event, so you'd have to wait just a little bit longer before it should finally show up.

Thank you for the info about the new item! I did try to make it take the place of the original Scanner which you normally bring to Capt. Stern in exchange for the Deepseatooth/scale. Since Clamperl now evolves differently, I figured it was best to just do it that way to keep that sidequest relevant. I'll list how to get it in the main post when the newer release is ready.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by taxxo View Post
            Hi . Just play your hack for 10m , its nice work ,guy . And also i want to ask can Kirlia evolve to Gallade on this hack ?
            Thank you! Though unfortunately, Gallade is not in this game.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
              #131   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old August 17th, 2018 (1:38 PM).

If this game is completed can I get the actual rom so I can play it on vba?
                #132   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 17th, 2018 (10:25 PM). Edited August 17th, 2018 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AJ1422 View Post
                If this game is completed can I get the actual rom so I can play it on vba?
                Unfortunately we can't be sharing ROMs here, so what you need to do is find an English language Emerald ROM somewhere, for example by searching online. Once you have the game, then use something like Lunar IPS to use the patch I uploaded here.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                  #133   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old August 18th, 2018 (4:25 AM).

I'm glad I was able to help.
                    #134   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old September 17th, 2018 (10:37 PM).

How do you access New Mauville in this game?

Wattson isnt waiting in Mauville City like in vanilla-Emerald
                      #135   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old September 18th, 2018 (9:07 AM). Edited September 18th, 2018 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chrispak98 View Post
                      How do you access New Mauville in this game?

Wattson isnt waiting in Mauville City like in vanilla-Emerald
                      I changed that event, it now has a Pokdex requirement to go with the new content in it. The Locations Guide has some info about it.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                        #136   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old September 26th, 2018 (3:30 AM).

Nature: Naive
                        Wow! This hack looks pretty good. Hey, do you know how to add event pokemon in the game? Like in the overworld. Like most legendary pokemon these days? I'm making a pokemon emerald rom hack because I can create a better post game with it but I want to make some pokemon like volcarona and just be there with no meaning in the game except to be caught later. I'm trying to make events like that. Can you suggest anything to put those in the game?
                          #137   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old September 26th, 2018 (5:13 PM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Ultra Necom 72 View Post
                          Wow! This hack looks pretty good. Hey, do you know how to add event pokemon in the game? Like in the overworld. Like most legendary pokemon these days? I'm making a pokemon emerald rom hack because I can create a better post game with it but I want to make some pokemon like volcarona and just be there with no meaning in the game except to be caught later. I'm trying to make events like that. Can you suggest anything to put those in the game?
                          To add event Pokémon, you can use Advance Map 1.92 and a scripting program like Xtreme Script Editor (XSE). Navigate to an event by locating which map it's on in A-Map and then open its script address in XSE to see the way the event works. From there you can make your own, with parameters of your choice.

As for events to suggest, I'd say just do whatever you want with it. Things that you think would be cool to have in the game, go ahead and try to create them.

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                            #138   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old November 5th, 2018 (5:46 PM).

I love this game, and think it is one of the best ways to experience gen 3. It looks great, and I would easily play it over the original Emerald. However, I have one single and very tiny gripe. I am unsure of the location of Surskit in this game, as it isn't normally found in Emerald, and I looked all over for it. This is a minor issue, but still one I found. Please let me know if there's somewhere that you can find it. Thanks!
                              #139   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old November 6th, 2018 (10:20 AM). Edited November 16th, 2018 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by jokeb View Post
                              I love this game, and think it is one of the best ways to experience gen 3. It looks great, and I would easily play it over the original Emerald. However, I have one single and very tiny gripe. I am unsure of the location of Surskit in this game, as it isn't normally found in Emerald, and I looked all over for it. This is a minor issue, but still one I found. Please let me know if there's somewhere that you can find it. Thanks!
                              Hi jokeb, in CE Surskit is found on Routes 102, 114, 111, 117, and 120 in ponds (Surf), but the chance of finding it is 1%. In hindsight, this actually seems to be way too low of a chance considering that the pond encounter rate itself is also pretty low; so for the next release I will increase its chances to 4%. In the meantime here is a patch to increase it, since it might be about another month or so before I can really make more progress on the update. The patch also removes it from Routes 111 and 120, since it isn't there in the original game (put it there to mimic R/S's layout). I see it also normally shows up on 119 in grass during swarms, but right now it is still swarm-only.

Here's the patch:
                              IncreaseSurskitRate/BootScreenUpdate Patch

EDIT: Patch has been updated to reflect some planned username changes and fixes the incorrect version number ingame from May-15 back to May-24 (ironically, the bug-fix patch is where it came from).

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                                #140   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old November 10th, 2018 (2:40 AM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Sky0fBlades View Post
                                @Everyone, I will attempt to include a PSS patch along with the next release as an extra.
                                Any update on the physical/special split patch? I love the fact that this Emerald hack doesn't include all the later-gen features, but a couple of quality-of-life changes (like the optional PPS patch) and perhaps also an optional patch for the Destiny Knot (or Destiny Knot-esque) breeding utility to make passing on IVs easier would go a long way towards making this awesome hack even better. Thanks for all your hard work!
                                  #141   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old November 10th, 2018 (9:51 AM). Edited November 10th, 2018 by SkyVortex.

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Torchic8 View Post
                                  Any update on the physical/special split patch? I love the fact that this Emerald hack doesn't include all the later-gen features, but a couple of quality-of-life changes (like the optional PPS patch) and perhaps also an optional patch for the Destiny Knot (or Destiny Knot-esque) breeding utility to make passing on IVs easier would go a long way towards making this awesome hack even better. Thanks for all your hard work!
                                  Hi Torchic8, thanks for the kind words. That feature (PSS) is definitely planned for the next release as an optional patch, though I have been under a lot of pressure since August from college which is limiting how much time I can spend working on this game. This semester will be completely over by the first half of December, though I do still try to fix some things here and there and look for more features I can add. I even just found out about a way to speed up emulation/fast-forward on (presumably) all systems, and I will make that into an add-on patch as well. Honestly I was thinking about just hardcoding that into the ROM, but I'd like to give everyone considerable choice as to how they want the game to be, to a certain extent of course. This is why I also plan to make the 'Infinite TMs and Pokballs' thing optional too. I'll see if I can also make some menu/clothing/skin/item color-change patches, since I believe that would be really awesome (something like this was an in-built feature in Pokmon Prism, one of my favorite ROM hacks).

My YouTube Channel

My Tutorials:

My ROM Hack:
                                    #142   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old November 16th, 2018 (2:31 AM). Edited November 16th, 2018 by Fabbix96.

I say it again, thanks Sky, really, best work of entire pokecommunity

Quick Reply