• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen If The Follow-Me Feature Came Back...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I mean, in Yellow, Pikachu followed you regardless of position in the party, I'm sure they could do something similar in future games, too. You assign a Pokémon the role of "follower", and it follows you whenever it's in the party, and even if fainted.
That's because they ONLY programmed Pikachu to follow (doesn't like being in its Pokéball), but I do get your point. However, if fainted, it should stay in its Pokéball. That is my only disagreement. Remember, Pikachu when fainted didn't follow either. And Zorua or Zoroark following, would it take on a disguise or be itself?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'd chuckle at a Zorua/Zoroark transforming into the people it sees as you walk along, or even occasionally into yourself. :D

Cyclone

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
That's because they ONLY programmed Pikachu to follow (doesn't like being in its Pokéball), but I do get your point. However, if fainted, it should stay in its Pokéball. That is my only disagreement. Remember, Pikachu when fainted didn't follow either. And Zorua or Zoroark following, would it take on a disguise or be itself?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'd chuckle at a Zorua/Zoroark transforming into the people it sees as you walk along, or even occasionally into yourself. :D

Cyclone

Actually I think you nailed it. Zorua and Zoroark are the reason why we won't see this feature in future Pokémon games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Again with the wonderful things introduces in HG/SS and taken away later generations. GAH! This was such a cute concept and the fact that the pokemon cold pick up various items in various locations really added a new twist on getting items. BRING IT BACK! :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Again with the wonderful things introduces in HG/SS and taken away later generations. GAH! This was such a cute concept and the fact that the pokemon cold pick up various items in various locations really added a new twist on getting items. BRING IT BACK! :D
The only problem is those items were fashion accessories. Kinda boring since I never used those.

Cyclone

Years
I would like for my Blastoise and Dragonite to follow me if they feature was re-implemented into the games. I would mainly like my Blastoise to follow me, though. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The only problem is those items were fashion accessories. Kinda boring since I never used those.

Cyclone

Hmm maybe if they returned it'd be more like pickup and only just helpful items? I mean maybe the point of pickup might not even be... necessary!

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
as much as i really want them to bring this feature back i dont thing they will, but maybe we will be able to see our pokemon use hms. Imagine any pokemon you teach surf or fly, you actually see them insted of just a shadow. also using cut or rock smash they would come out of their pokeballs and destroy the tree/rock actually in 3d.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Wailord.

Something about a supposed blue whale being tiny always amused me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I WOULD LOVE THE FOLLOW ME FEATURE BACK!!! But doesnt look like its happening, be great though. My shiny umbreon woulf follow me around IN 3D

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Wailord is the biggest Pokémon, but it was still allowed to follow you indoors. They didn't grant this to a few legendaries.

TheMaskedMeowth

No more pretty trains, Cilan!
Years
You guys know B/W 2 had the code inside and the sprites but they were left unused. Right?

Yeah, it used the HGSS engine rather than the Platinum engine that BW1 used.

Another topic is... I'M TIRED OF SURFING ON MY FREAKIN' NON-EXISTENT WAILMER!! Plus, in Gen. V, it looks like your flying on a Pidove or some other non-specific bird. Seriously, if they're going to re-add walking Pokemon (or even if they aren't) they should make it so you're flying on the Pokemon your actually flying or surfing on. Wouldn't it be epic to blast off on Golurk or race away on an Yveltal or float on a Snorlax's belly? But it would also be cool if you could ride the Pokemon and get a speed boost depending on which one you're riding. For example, riding on a Arcanine's back would have to give you some sort of boost.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 24, 2017
I did not like the follow me feature in HG/SS. It was in fact my least favorite thing about the game and I wished they would have made it so you could turn it off if you want. Often times I thought it made things more cumbersome or laggy in HG/SS. I wouldn't mind seeing more Pokemon in towns or in the wild next to their trainers. Like the cutscene with pidove or swoobat on the rooftop in B/W

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I would love to have Arbok follow me, it's my favorite! <3

8223-albums9878-picture81327.png

I said in my recent introductory thread that I had wished the follow me feature had been in more games.

Guy

just a guy
Years
While I don't see the follow-me feature returning, I would however like to see more Pokémon out and about like KJPokemon suggested. Although it would be a complete tease to those who do want the follow-me feature back.

Back