• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Re-Battlers

Years
It's good when you're trying to raise weak Pokemon in the early to mid stages of the game. However when your Pokemon exceeds level 50, the amount of exp on offer is not worth your time going for.

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
I thought it was cool for easy grinding before a gym, since you know exactly what they'll throw out after the 1st time. HOWEVER, When I want to take a stroll down a route 2 gyms later, and get challenged by a scrub, it gets sort of tedious.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I kept running into the one on Route 4, and the first time I re-battled her, I was a bit confused. I kind of looked at my screen and thought, "Um, didn't I already battle you...?" And then I kept doing it because I kept forgetting about her and I ended up yelling at my DS, "LEAVE ME ALONE!" XD

But I think it's a neat little feature. c: I haven't re-battled any others, but I should try to remember to sometime if I ever need somewhere to train my Pokémon if I start to get sick of battling wild ones.

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
i was annoyed at the breeder's the money is ok but they never get any better. shame on them, i mean isn't the whole point of them being breeder's to make pokemon stronger and make more... like come on it would be good if they got stronger teams and added new pokemon depending on what part of the story you were in haha but this is just the random mutterings of a mad scientist....

Years
I like this. It makes sense that some trainers would want to battle you more than once, and that complicated system of calling people to set up new battles or whatever in previous games was more cumbersome than it was worth. It was really handy for me, too. I was able to level up a couple of Pokemon very fast by battling them again and again.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't really like those Pokemon Breeders re-battling me every time I go past them, especially with a high-levelled team..their pokemon are too low-levelled to make much of a difference. Plus, when you're on the bicycle and you're just zooming through the route to get to the next city/town, you get abruptly stopped by them. Kinda annoying, don't you think? :/

There's the good part of it about getting extra prize money though, but I don't really need money at the moment..plus I always find Tiny Mushrooms etc. in Hidden Hollows or I could buy Casteliacones in Castelia City and sell them to the lady in the caravan on the route left of Nimbasa City for quite a lot of money.

I wouldn't mind it if their team's levels increased as you battled them each time round..having to OHKO their weak teams just wastes time, imo.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
When a breeder first rebattled me, at first I thought it was a harmless glitch. But it kept happening and I was like "ok, it's on purpose". I don't mind, although at least make their levels rise. ._.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
I guess the way to make them perfect is making them only rebattle you if you talk to them. Also, It'd be pretty great if one of the last ones had an Audino, Chansey or Blissey. xD

Pinta77

The breeders that rebattle you are incredibly annoying >.<

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
And there aren't any Pokemon Breeders in ANY of the Post National Dex Areas, obviously to prevent players from getting an easy Hydreigon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I do like the addition of the re-battling trainers and I think it makes the game feel quite a lot more realistic in the sense that some trainers would want to fight you again every time they see you, but I also find them pretty annoying as their Pokémon are usually rather weak by the second/third time you're fighting them and it just becomes a bit of a nuisance. They don't carry particularly high-exp yielding Pokémon and the money they give you isn't a huge amount so all-in-all it's just a slight inconvenience whenever you happen to pass one. I do like the idea of trainers re-battling you every time you pass them, I just think it could have been done better. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I absolutely hated the one on Route 4. Never left me allloooneee. Nice gimmick and some extra cash but I could have happily gone without.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I kept forgetting the one breeder near Milstraton. I lost count how many times I accidentally walked into him...

Back