• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A wild Fluffergus1 appeared!

Years
Hey there (^-^)/ I just found this site while searching for awesome pokemon hacks to play on my android. I never knew such a cool pokemon forum site existed. I'm a big pokemon fan I've played the series ever since I was in grade school. some I sadly have not played or played or never finished . Just a couple though not a lot. I haven't been able to play the brand new pokemon game yet sun and moon. It's a real bummer ;-; . I've watched the anime show and most of the movies. Most importantly I've read the manga series pocket monsters. I really wish they made the anime series more like the manga series. Red is so cool and no offense but ash is lame compared to Red {XD} . If you haven't read the series go read it now you'll know what I mean. You'll be like why were you not in my childhood! I've been really into playing pokemon hacks and pokemon fan made games recently. As far as hacking goes I've only experience in hacking Fire Emblem games. I was creating my own of that game series from a rom but I got stuck and no one will help me with the sprites so I put it on hold. I have just recently looked into how to hack into pokemon roms I know it must be so completely different. I thought about maybe creating my own pokemon game one day. I just don't know if it would be a rom hack or a fan pokemon game. I think I would go with rpg maker and make a fan one seems like it would be more easier for a beginner and more fun. What do you guys think? Any of you guys have a serious noob moment like mine? If any of you guys have some awesome pokemon games or hacks you created or know of please do share. Also if you know of a place that has the utilities for hacking pokemon roms and also information on how to create a pokemon game on rpg please do share that as well. Thank you

o.o ....... -poke- .......-poke-

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Welcome to PokéCommunity!

It's awesome that you're into ROM hacks and fan games, this is definitely the best forum on the internet for interacting directly with the respective communities behind them.

If you're a fan of the Adventure manga you should definitely check out Aethestode's Adventure Red ROM hack, which is an adaptation of that series using FireRed.

As far as whether you should get into ROM Hacking or using RPG Maker XP and Essentials, it's ultimately a preference. I don't personally see that severe a difference in difficulty or ease of access for either medium, and ROM Hacking nowadays is becoming all the more easier with recent developments that make using the C programming language directly - if you have any experience with programming then that can help a bunch. Ultimately both media have their upsides and downfalls, so be sure to check out the Fan Games section of PC to find out more. The ROM Hacking section has a few guide threads pinned which let you know how to get started, and similar versions exist in the Pokémon Essentials subforum.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited:
Years
Haha a lot of people think Ash is kinda eh compared to Red. Ash is still cool but agreed despite that, Red was the epitome of cool in Pokémon and I adored reading the Pokémon Adventures manga.

Welcome and nice to meet you Fluffergus1!! lol I have a lot of silly moments tbh. I don't have the best memory or attention span and tend to be clumsy sometimes, so that seems like the very definition of my life. =p lolol

Good luck making your fangame and I hope you'll stick around =)

Years
Haha a lot of people think Ash is kinda eh compared to Red. Ash is still cool but agreed despite that, Red was the epitome of cool in Pokémon and I adored reading the Pokémon Adventures manga.

Welcome and nice to meet you Fluffergus1!! lol I have a lot of silly moments tbh. I don't have the best memory or attention span and tend to be clumsy sometimes, so that seems like the very definition of my life. =p lolol

Good luck making your fangame and I hope you'll stick around =)

Always fun to have unexpected silly moments unless it's to much or awkward ones XD. I'm clumsy to and my attention span can vary. So your not alone there. My introduction was bit of a book so I cut it down for you guys XD but I accidentally cut out my noob moment whoopsies. :3c So I'll just share here okay. My most memorable noob moment was when I was 21 playing pokemon Y and having conversation with my freinds also playing pokemon x or y . They mentioned shinies and I asked them what on earth was a shiny O.o . They looked at me like O.O and said what do you mean what is a shiny!!!!!! I had played pokemon since I was 9 years old yet I had no idea what a shiny was. I thought they were trolling me for most of the conversation because if it was something that big why would I not know about it when I played the series for so long lol. Then when they described what it was then I believed them and I was like oh my gosh! When I was a kid playing pokemon Gold I came across a a shiny vulpix and I thought my pokemon game had a glitch XD. my words were oh my gosh this vulpix is glowing! It will probably break my game if I catch this thing but hey it's A GLOWING VULPIX! I never caught it XD it either killed me of ran away I can't remember lol. First and only time I ever came across a shiny until pokemon y. So for 12 years of playing pokemon I never knew what a shiny was XD.

Welcome to PokéCommunity!

It's awesome that you're into ROM hacks and fan games, this is definitely the best forum on the internet for interacting directly with the respective communities behind them.

If you're a fan of the Adventure manga you should definitely check out Aethestode's Adventure Red ROM hack, which is an adaptation of that series using FireRed.

As far as whether you should get into ROM Hacking or using RPG Maker XP and Essentials, it's ultimately a preference. I don't personally see that severe a difference in difficulty or ease of access for either medium, and ROM Hacking nowadays is becoming all the more easier with recent developments that make using the C programming language directly - if you have any experience with programming then that can help a bunch. Ultimately both media have their upsides and downfalls, so be sure to check out the Fan Games section of PC to find out more. The ROM Hacking section has a few guide threads pinned which let you know how to get started, and similar versions exist in the Pokémon Essentials subforum.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the info and I'll make sure to do that. I've been looking into the rpg maker I like it better then the rom hacking. I've been watching lots of youtube videos about it. I'll make sure to check out what you suggested to. I'm a bit busy with life so I don't know if I'll ever get to make one but it's nice to look into and try when I got the spare time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Welcome to PC! We have a pretty massive library of ROM Hacking tools, and even games that our members have made. I'm not so much into the hacking aspect but I really do enjoy playing them. Looks like Spherical Ice answered your questions, so if you need any help at all don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your stay with us!

Back