• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Light Platinum: The LP LP!

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
Years
Pokemon Light Platinum

THIS IS THE COMPLETE ENGLISH VERSION.

capapokelprg5gw7.png

This is a complete overhaul hack of Pokemon Ruby created by WesleyFG and translated by Snakebyte. For more info go to this thread:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158324

Why Am I Doing This Walkthrough/Let's Play?

I've heard this is one of the best Pokemon hacks and I was stoked to see it finished! I wanted to give it a shot on camera.

Eps 1-10
Spoiler:

Ep11: Seanport City/Another Team Steam Situation!
Spoiler:

Ep12: Lighthouse, Seanport Gym, Leader Lucas! (GYM BATTLE)
Spoiler:

Ep13: Short Episode, WHOOPS! Final Party Member Though :D
Spoiler:

Ep14: The Road to Dardusk/Training Skarmory
Spoiler:

Ep15: National Park, Darkdusk City/Gym, Leader Thomas!
Spoiler:

Ep16: Team Steam in the Tower! (1/2)
Spoiler:

Ep17: Team Steam in the Tower (2/2), New Party Member, EVOLUTION!
Spoiler:

Ep18: Another Short Episode D:
Spoiler:

Ep19: Dardusk Woods! feat. TheDaneRaw
Spoiler:

Ep20:Enermy Town, Mt. Shuem!
Spoiler:

Ep21: Friendly Mentions of Friendliness/Mt. Shuem (2/2)
Spoiler:

Ep22: Annoying Desert = Mindless Hippopotas Murder
Spoiler:

Ep23: Groment City! Museum NPCs Are Dumb...
Spoiler:

Ep24: FART THROWER!
Spoiler:

Ep25: Groment Gym, Leader Atlas
Spoiler:

Ep26: Back From Vacation/Mt Zhery
Spoiler:

Ep27:
Spoiler:

Ep28:
Spoiler:

Ep29:
Spoiler:

Ep30:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Leon16

Awesome!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Just from the first 5 mins, I have a feeling this is going to be a hilarious LP LP

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
You better make this LP great when I release the English version of LP, OK?

Until then, you better wait for it. It shouldn't take too long, though.
You do know that I'm the co-creator of LP, right?

Tyranee

Years
You better make this LP great when I release the English version of LP, OK?

Until then, you better wait for it. It shouldn't take too long, though.
You do know that I'm the co-creator of LP, right?

I already found a complete English version which will be on the episode I'm going to post in about an hour. Maybe someone else translated it? Not sure. Either way it's def the latest version on Wesley's site in full English. It looks great thusfar, thanks for making a good hack. If you want to know where I found the ROM so you can check legitness and whatnot here's the link:

*Link Removed* Please don't post links to ROMs.​

REAL Ep.1: Let's Try This Again!

Sorry about the last video guys, that was a very old version. This is the new version translated into English. What can I say? It kicks BUTT.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I already found a complete English version which will be on the episode I'm going to post in about an hour. Maybe someone else translated it? Not sure. Either way it's def the latest version on Wesley's site in full English. It looks great thusfar, thanks for making a good hack. If you want to know where I found the ROM so you can check legitness and whatnot here's the link:

*Link Removed* Please don't post links to ROMs.​

REAL Ep.1: Let's Try This Again!

Sorry about the last video guys, that was a very old version. This is the new version translated into English. What can I say? It kicks BUTT.

Spoiler:

What you're posting is merely the English version of Beta 2, but not the current beta. I've worked on that, and I know what it's like.

The current beta had Kanto starters to start with. Also, everything (Including PKMN names) will be decapitalized. Nope, it's not someone else who did it - it's me - Timothy Arato who did it. You can continue your LP, of course, but when you get to the 4th Gym, I'm afraid, that's where the beta ends.

Tyranee

Years
What you're posting is merely the English version of Beta 2, but not the current beta. I've worked on that, and I know what it's like.

The current beta had Kanto starters to start with. Also, everything (Including PKMN names) will be decapitalized. Nope, it's not someone else who did it - it's me - Timothy Arato who did it. You can continue your LP, of course, but when you get to the 4th Gym, I'm afraid, that's where the beta ends.

Ahh thanks for letting me know. Do you mean it completely stops at 4th badge or it's just not translated past 4th badge? Either way I think I'll probably put this hack on hold for now until it's finished and switch to a diff one for now.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Ahh thanks for letting me know. Do you mean it completely stops at 4th badge or it's just not translated past 4th badge? Either way I think I'll probably put this hack on hold for now until it's finished and switch to a diff one for now.

Well, it completely stops right after the 4th badge, so there's no point in doing your LP for now. Well, the English-edited-completed version will be out soon, so you might as well wait for it.

Also, the new English version will have better grammar than the version you possess now. The reason to that is because my English has improved from time.

Lastly, there is no Omastar to start with in Verdart Town (Yellow Town in the original version).
Instead, you have an Elekid to start with. Also, in Beta 2, Gallade is not present within the Rom's data.
But the new version does and it replaces Kecleon.

Tyranee

Years
Well, it completely stops right after the 4th badge, so there's no point in doing your LP for now. Well, the English-edited-completed version will be out soon, so you might as well wait for it.

Also, the new English version will have better grammar than the version you possess now. The reason to that is because my English has improved from time.

Lastly, there is no Omastar to start with in Verdart Town (Yellow Town in the original version).
Instead, you have an Elekid to start with. Also, in Beta 2, Gallade is not present within the Rom's data.
But the new version does and it replaces Kecleon.

Sounds awesome man, well I guess I'll just finish Volt White and do Firered Omega for now. Sounds good to me. Best of luck with the hack, I'll def LP it when you're done.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Good luck to you sir :) But MunchingOrange has taken a break from doing Pokemon Black/White and everyones kind of going: :O OMG ORANGE YOURE DOING LIGHT PLATINUM AGAIN.

Good luck and I'll be sure to watch it :)

Tyranee

Years
Good luck to you sir :) But MunchingOrange has taken a break from doing Pokemon Black/White and everyones kind of going: :O OMG ORANGE YOURE DOING LIGHT PLATINUM AGAIN.

Good luck and I'll be sure to watch it :)

I put this LP on hold dude. I'll be doing Firered Omega until this hack gets 100% complete, so watch that in the mean time :)

Tyranee

Years
REAL COMPLETE EP1: FINALLY IT'S HERE!

Sorry about the last videos guys, but this is the English COMPLETE version. What can I say? It kicks BUTT. This IS the latest and complete version.

Welcome to episode 1 of Pokemon Light Platinum! This is a complete overhaul hack of Pokemon Ruby. I can't find any documentation about wild Pokemon, so my party hasn't been created yet. We'll have to do it along the way. All I know is the Pokemon here are Gen1-5. I have barely played this at all before now so I have no idea what to expect. Let's do this!

This hack was created by WesleyFG and translated by Snakebyte, all rights for Pokemon and such go to Nintendo.

Spoiler:

Also, mods: Can I get a thread cleanup please? Just need the comments deleted that refer to me playing the old versions by mistake.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm just starting to watch this now (and I'll probably leave a comment on the video itself when I'm done) but just verifying that Yes, this is the 100% complete english version. If you run into any Portuguese text, I will be tempted to shoot myself in the head. And if you run into anything gamebreaking, I will do my best to fix it for you. The only major glitch that I'm aware of, and it's graphics-only, occurs if you enter the contest. Don't do that, and everything should work.

EDIT: Also, blame Wesley for map errors and things. With a few exceptions, I only messed with scripts.

SECOND EDIT: Actually, I'll just infodump here, because youtube comment limits, etc.
- I really like your video layout, but you got it wrong. There are 16, not 14, badges. Eight for each region. After that, there's legendary hunting, and the world championships.
- While there are pokemon from all 5 gens, there aren't all of them. This hack has 411 Pokemon in total.
- Sorry about the heal script in yellow town. I intended to add one, and it'll be there if I need to release a bugfixed version. That said, you walked right around a girl in yellow town who gives you a Max Potion.
- Wesley finished the Portuguese version sometime in January. I finished the translation earlier today, though I've only been working on it since late July.
- Smallbirdie is working on a text walkthrough of the game, which should contain what pokemon are in what route. There's a link in her signature, and she posted in the LP thread recently.
- Electabuzz evolves into Electivire at level 40.
- *hint, hint* talk to the guy up and to the right of where that video ended.
- When you get that far, Feebas is not useless. :)
- Watching a video where I'm praised is nice. :D
- Would it be rude of me to ask if you could put your let's plays into playlists? It looks like only some of them are. :S

But in summary, that was great and I'll be following this. :D

Last edited:

Tyranee

Years
I'm just starting to watch this now (and I'll probably leave a comment on the video itself when I'm done) but just verifying that Yes, this is the 100% complete english version. If you run into any Portuguese text, I will be tempted to shoot myself in the head. And if you run into anything gamebreaking, I will do my best to fix it for you. The only major glitch that I'm aware of, and it's graphics-only, occurs if you enter the contest. Don't do that, and everything should work.

EDIT: Also, blame Wesley for map errors and things. With a few exceptions, I only messed with scripts.

SECOND EDIT: Actually, I'll just infodump here, because youtube comment limits, etc.
- I really like your video layout, but you got it wrong. There are 16, not 14, badges. Eight for each region. After that, there's legendary hunting, and the world championships.
- While there are pokemon from all 5 gens, there aren't all of them. This hack has 411 Pokemon in total.
- Sorry about the heal script in yellow town. I intended to add one, and it'll be there if I need to release a bugfixed version. That said, you walked right around a girl in yellow town who gives you a Max Potion.
- Wesley finished the Portuguese version sometime in January. I finished the translation earlier today, though I've only been working on it since late July.
- Smallbirdie is working on a text walkthrough of the game, which should contain what pokemon are in what route. There's a link in her signature, and she posted in the LP thread recently.
- Electabuzz evolves into Electivire at level 40.
- *hint, hint* talk to the guy up and to the right of where that video ended.
- When you get that far, Feebas is not useless. :)
- Watching a video where I'm praised is nice. :D
- Would it be rude of me to ask if you could put your let's plays into playlists? It looks like only some of them are. :S

But in summary, that was great and I'll be following this. :D
They're all in playlists except this one because it only has 1 ep so far. I just get lazy with annotation links to the PLs. May get around to doing that eventually. :P

I'll fix my layout, thanks for letting me know. I kindof rushed it anyway and was going to to a second edit soon.

It seems i walked around a few free potions XD

I don't plan on keeping Elekid because I've used Electivire in an LP before :P

I also don't plan on using Feebas because I've used Milotic in an LP before (hence why I killed it/ end up killing it can't remember if I did in this video or not). If Feebas is like...pivotal to the story or gives me free crap I'll catch it though.

So here's roughly what will happen next vid (I scouted ahead a bit off cam):

Improved layout!
That guy up and to the right.
Safari Zone!
Anything else in Central City.
The trainers and Feebas event to the right of CC.
Rival battle (I think)
A few trainers to the left of CC.
EVOLUTION!

Tyranee

Years
Ep2: WinnitheFoo! Also EVOLUTION! Feat. TheDaneRaw

In this episode we do a whole bunch of stuff involving Central City, catch a couple party members, and witness our first EVOLUTION! Feat. guest commentary by TheDaneRaw!

Sorry for not putting the levels this ep but the censoring of Daneraw's potty mouth (to make the video acceptable for posting on Pokecommunity) just made the entire editing process a humongous pain in the butt.

Spoiler:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
This was the next game I was going to do on youtube but now that this came out everyone and their uncle is doing it so that idea has been scraped. Anyways great job keep it up

Tyranee

Years
Ep3: New Party Members, Path to the Forest

In this episode we do a whole bunch of stuff involving new party members and get on the road to the forest.

Spoiler:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Wow. You are a braver man than I, doing videos in the morning.

Also, I may have tracked down a fire stone for you. I'm doing this through hackery, rather than actually playing through, so I COULD be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's one right as you enter Route 416 for the first time. IE: Between the seventh and eighth gyms.

EDIT: Also, Smallbirdie's walkthrough now says there's one in Victory Road. I'm pretty sure one of us is right. Actually, I'm pretty sure she's right, I have no IDEA what that item I mentioned is... a super repel.

Hex is confusing and people at gamefaqs are idiots. >.>

Last edited:

Tyranee

Years
Wow. You are a braver man than I, doing videos in the morning.

Also, I may have tracked down a fire stone for you. I'm doing this through hackery, rather than actually playing through, so I COULD be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's one right as you enter Route 416 for the first time. IE: Between the seventh and eighth gyms.

EDIT: Also, Smallbirdie's walkthrough now says there's one in Victory Road. I'm pretty sure one of us is right. Actually, I'm pretty sure she's right, I have no IDEA what that item I mentioned is... a super repel.

Hex is confusing and people at gamefaqs are idiots. >.>

Lol I just have no shame. Pretty meh about waiting until Victory Road but luckily my growlithe will probably be a decent enough level to evolve there anyway.

Ep4: I Was Hiding in the Tall Grass Because I Love You...Feat. TheDaneRaw

In this episode we fight through the forest, witness a Combee attack, and get another EVOLUTION!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back