• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Character Challenge.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
Part 2:

After skipping as much trainers and wild pokémon as possible I finally arrived at Azalea Town.
Beating down Team Rocket was piece of cake with Sakura and B.Allibert.
B.Allibert reached level 18 and evolved!
Nex challenge is the Azalea Town Gym!
Sakura will obviously be our star player here.
Unneeded critical on Scyther, though it wasn't unwelcome.
Sakura's Ember would've only 3-hit Ko'd it.

Anyway B.Allibert and Sakura are now both level 18!
And since we beat Azalea Gym we can now move on to the nice Forest.
But of course not without beating Rat first!
Rat went down easily and did his usual complaining before ranning off.

In the Ilex Forest we finished the Side Quest, Got HM01 and Charcoal.
B.Allibert can now Cut trees and hopefully Sakura's Ember is more potent now!

I also stocked up on Repels since I hate Ilex Forest's Pokémon.

Got TM02 off the Green haired dude and tought it to Sakura!
Sakura can now Headbut trees and disturb Pokémon that are in them.

Went to Route 33 to Headbut trees until Aipom fell out!
It was fast asleep and didn't even notice I caught it.

First wild Pokémon when we exit the Forest is Abra!
Threw a Pokéball and got lucky.
(I wasn't really planning to catch it but oh well, now I don't need to buy it)
Nicknamed it Atama (Japanese for Head, I found it fitting lol

Got the egg from the Day Care Couple.
Now hoping to get either Smoochum or Tyrogue from it!
I left Abra in hopes of them leveling it to 15 for me while I take care of Goldenrod surrounding trainers.

In the meantime Togepi came out of its egg so I put it in the PC.

After taking care of the Bug Catching Contest and all other trainers it's on to Whitney!
Atama (who is now Kadabra) took care of Clefairy and Miltank in 5 Psybeams.

And now that this is over it seems the egg is close to hatching!
But unfortunately it hatched into Igglybuff...
Which means I'll have to hack my last 2 Team Members in as well...

Caught Tyrogue and named it Boxer, since I didn't have any inspiration for a better name.
Since I forgot earlier I nicknamed my Aipom TeamSpirit (as that's something needed in sports and all)
Also caught Smoochum and nicked it Smooch

So now my team is finally complete!

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2016
part 3 is lost forever >.>
my damn pc has crashed!

so there's no way to recover part 3 :(
But I'll try to summarize what happened...

I went to route 32 to fight all the trainers I skipped before,
I fought Joey twice! First he had a level 4 Ratatta,
5 minutes later he called me and had a level 15 Ratatta...
I also collected all the berries and items I could get a hold on til now,
since Kanako is a business person and prepared for everything...
Taught Rock Smash to Boxer and Attract to Kisu.

I left Boxer with the Day Care Man, and trained Kisu to 17.
Now we're in Ecruteak, ready to beat our Rival again.
We're always ready for everything!
Except for a pc crash ironically >.>

Oh god all my save files got deleted :'(
Now I'll have to restart >.> This is terrible, let me think about this for a bit.
Might restart with a new person with catch-able pokémon...

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Is it ok if we use characters that are from a different series? If so then here's my sign up, if not then I'm still in but I'll have to think up a different team.

Username: James901
Character/Person/Group (Please say what they are from if they are part of a series): Tobi(Naruto), Byakuya(Bleach), Inuyasha(Inuyasha), Vegeta(DragonBall Z), Link(Legend of Zelda), Kratos(God of War)
Game(s): LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Ruby, Platinum, BlazeBlack
Team: Alakazam, Venusaur, Absol, Primape, Castform, Pinsir
Requirements:
Spoiler:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Is it ok if we use characters that are from a different series? If so then here's my sign up, if not then I'm still in but I'll have to think up a different team.

Username: James901
Character/Person/Group (Please say what they are from if they are part of a series): Tobi(Naruto), Byakuya(Bleach), Inuyasha(Inuyasha), Vegeta(DragonBall Z), Link(Legend of Zelda), Kratos(God of War)
Game(s): LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Ruby, Platinum, BlazeBlack
Team: Alakazam, Venusaur, Absol, Primape, Castform, Pinsir
Requirements:
Spoiler:

I'll allow this. Welcome to the challenge. C:

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
L has a mission: find out who's been killing the Pokémon of the Unova region! He has named the person "Kira."

L started the search for Kira at his house, where he was offered a partner out of three choices: a snake, a pig, and an otter. The snake had an expression L liked, so Snivy it was.

L left his house, was lectured by his colleague, Officer Juniper, and set out to hunt down the killer and bring him to justice.

L arrived in Accumula Town, interviewed everyone, and listened to a speech. The man asked for the release of Pokémon, but whom did he serve? L then battled a suspect. The suspect, upon losing, fled. The suspect called himself "N," but L thinks this is only an alias.

After many tries, L defeated the suspect at the Striaton Gym, was annoyed that they weren't serving chocolate, and left for Nacrene City, having captured almost everything in the area.

L ran into trouble outside Nacrene, noticing that his Heal Balls were failing quite regularly. He defeated most of the trainers outside Pinwheel Forest, and is trying to save money for some Net Balls that will be used inside Pinwheel Forest.

L battled "N" again outside the Nacrene Museum. "N" fled again upon losing.

L now waits to battle the rest of the trainers around Nacrene City. Tomorrow, he will get the Café special that everyone seems to promote.

/end report

Team:
Snivy, level 21 (not evolving it yet)
Vine Whip
Growth
Leech Seed
Leer

Accelgor, level 30 (hardly obeys!)
U-turn
Yawn
Protect
Rain Dance

It'll be interesting having Accelgor switch out every time it attacks.

shady_pete

fier
Years
count me into this challenge, sounds great:
User name: shady_pete
Character: The Doctor(doctor who)
Game: White
Team:
Absol- Representing how the Doctor is always there when disaster strikes.
Ramparados- Showing the Doctors age.
Magmortar- The Doctors explosive rage.
Sneasel- how the Doctor comes and goes very quickly.
Pidgeot- The Doctors coolness.

Requirements: All pokemon are to be fully evolved before fighting alder. Must explore all of Unova. Fight ALL evil trainers (team plasma etc...).

Enigma

Years
Updated first post. :) I should be beginning the final portion of my ultimate on White this weekend, since I have a three-day weekend.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
Dora the Explorer

I decided that if I was going to do this I would pick a young character as befits a kid on their Pokemon journey. So here we go.

User name: RichD
Character: Dora the Explorer
Game: Soul Silver
Team:
Boots the Monkey: Aipom
Swiper the Fox: Vulpix
Benny the Bull: Tauros
Isa the Iguana: Keckelon
Tico the Squirrel: Pachirisu
Explorer Stars: Staryu

Requirements: Must use her map and backpack to explore all of Johto and Kanto and help anyone in trouble.

I've played through to Cherrygrove City and then traded over this team all at level 1. Updated when events warrant.

Enigma

Years
Updated first post once again.

Update #1 for White:

• Picked Snivy for HM purposes. Went through all the beginning of the game stuff, then proceeded to catch the members of my team on Route 1.
  • After battling some trainers and wild Pokemon, I decided it was time for the first gym.
  • Had to battle Chili, so I started with Bull (Snubbull). Lillipup went down pretty easily to Bite, Charm, and Tackle. Sent out Shiba (Growlithe) for Pansear, due to its ability being Flash Fire. Pansear didn't even damage Shiba, because it kept using Work Up the entire time, besides using Incinerate once (which obviously had no effect).
  • Defeated the Plasma members at the Dreamyard.
  • Got the little girl's Pokemon back from Team Plasma.
  • Grinded like crazy once I got to Nacrene City. (I think this literally might have taken an hour or two, but it needed to be done because I was becoming underleveled)
  • Began the battle with Lenora. Started off with Bull, then used Rock Smash and Charm until Herdier went down. Switched out to Kakashi (Cacnea) so I could set up a Leech Seed. Healed Bull, then sent him out again. It learned Headbutt (finally) so I wrecked Watchog, partially thanks to the Leech Seed damage.
  • Saved inside the Pinwheel Forest.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
209.gif

Bull Lv. 20
Headbutt, Rock Smash, Bite, Charm

058.gif

Shiba Lv. 16
Bite, Roar, Ember, Odor Sleuth

228.gif

Akino Lv. 16
Bite, Ember, Howl, Smog

309.gif

Uhei Lv. 16
Tackle, Thunder Wave, Leer, Howl

261.gif

Guruko Lv. 16
Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite

331.gif

Kakashi Lv. 16
Poison Sting, Leech Seed, Absorb, Growth

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
Dora Update #1

So far Dora has made it to Azelea Town and defeated Bugsy the Gym Leader. Notable highlights include:

1. The plan to defeat Falkner at the Flying Gym was always to get Tico the Pachirishu to spark them all down. Alas, I forgot that Tico didn't get Spark until level 13 and partway through his training in Sprout Tower he began to disobey. So I trained him up anyway and in true Dora fashion Tico just wouldn't let his friends down when it counted because he did not disobey once and Sparked our way to victory!

2. I wasn't going to take the Pokemon Egg since I have a full Pokemon team but then I remembered that Dora wouldn't ever turn down a request for help! So I carried it around until it hatched.

3. Bugsy went down easy thanks to Swiper the Fire Flinging Fox. Mental note: must try to give Swiper one of those moves that let's you steal hold items. After all, he is a Kleptomaniac not a Pyromaniac. ;)

4. We have consulted the Map to find helpers to hold all our HM moves for us and have settled on a Tentacool for Cut and Water moves. Must figure out a cute Dora-esque name. For now, he is Squiddy.

More news when events warrant!

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
Years
Hmmm, sounds good. Going to try this in FireRed with a team based off of Soul Eater characters.

Team:
Kabuto/Kabutops(Soul): Soul is a scythe in weapon form, so I found that Kabutop's scythe-like blades would be appropriate. (In double battles, must battle with Tsubaki or Black Star, cannot heal himself during battle, must know at least one stat-raising move)
Mankey/Primape(Black Star): Black Star is headstrong and one of the few meisters who can fight without the help of their partner(s). (Required to have one punch move and swagger at all times[upon becoming available] and can only heal himself in battle, much switch to Tsubaki if anyone after fainting. Cannot learn status-inflicting moves other than his punch move(s). In double battles, may only fight with Tsubaki/Soul in double battles.)
Staryu/Starmie(Tsubaki): Tsubaki has multiple forms, and one of them includes the large ninja-star thing. ^^" (Must know Swift, and cannot lead the battle. Must switch in after Black Star if he faints)
Paras/Parasect(Chrona): Chrona is very cowardly, but starts to gain confidence and stands up to Ragnarok quite a while into the series. (May not lead team until evolving, may not participate in double battles, and must know Cut)
Magnemite/Magenton(Professor Stein): Professor Stein uses an attack that sort-of 'breaks' Black Star, after absorbing that one soul-attack that Black Star tried against him. (Must know Thundershock/Spark at all times, may not participate in double battles)

Starter will be Squirtle and named appropriately as: HMSlave01, as it will only be used for Surf, Waterfall, Dive, and Rock Smash.

EDIT: Update time!

Spoiler:

Brock's losing text doesn't deserve a picture, and neither does Misty's. B(

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
At last, I have finished my Ultimate Character Challenge. I took a ton of screenshots, so I figured I would make a .gif out of all of them. So glad to be done, yet at the same time, I'm going to miss my team. ;_;

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Final Team:
059.gif

Shiba Lv. 73
Thunder Fang, ExtremeSpeed, Flamethrower, Odor Sleuth

229.gif

Akino Lv. 72
Foul Play, Flamethrower, Odor Sleuth, Thunder Fang

262.gif

Guruko Lv. 70
Take Down, Swagger, Odor Sleuth, Bite

332.gif

Kakashi Lv. 71
Protect, Leech Seed, Grass Knot, Return

310.gif

Uhei Lv. 74
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Bite, Odor Sleuth

210.gif

Bull Lv. 71
Take Down, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
Years
I definitely want to work on this challenge.

Username: Glow Worm's Not Glowing
Character/Person/Group: George Harrison (Guitarist of The Beatles)
Game(s): Diamond
Team: Milotic, Medicham, Kricketune, Mismagius, Solrock
Requirements:

Spoiler:

Enigma

Years
I definitely want to work on this challenge.

Username: Glow Worm's Not Glowing
Character/Person/Group: George Harrison (Guitarist of The Beatles)
Game(s): Diamond
Team: Milotic, Medicham, Kricketune, Mismagius, Solrock
Requirements:

Spoiler:

You are awesome. Updated. :)

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Username: KoboraX
Character/Person/Group (Please say what they are from if they are part of a series): The Syndicate (Darker Than Black)
Game(s): Emerald
Team: Electrike/Manectric (Hei) - Hei is a Contractor with a double personality. He's able to use electricity, and conduit the electricity through metal or media, but not in the air or concrete. Hei must learn Iron Tail, and the rest of his moves must be Electric type moves.

Mudkip (Yin): Yin is a Doll, an emotionless spirit medium. She can track and observe by the way of water, but she must be in direct contact with water to use her power. She can't seem to make decisions of her own, though. Yin can only learn Water Gun as an attacking Water type move, and she can't evolve since she can't make a choice about it.
Flygon (Huang) Huang is like a field organizer, but he hates Contractors and Dolls. Huang must learn Fly, and can never participate in a double battle.
Persian (Mao) - A Contractor who lost his body and now resides in the body of a black cat. Mao can posess the body of animals. Mao must lean Faint Attack and keep it, and can only be in double battles with Hei.

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
Years

You are awesome. Updated. :)

Why, thank you. c:

Began the other day. I chose TURTWIG, did everything I was supposed to, then caught five random Pokemon. Traded them for eggs and an Exp. Share (due to Feebas/Kricketot), hatched 'em, then leveled them up. I battled the first gym and won, now I'm training my Pokes some more. (Although, I do still need a Kricketot. Thought I could find one in game, but haven't come across one once. Gonna make an egg tonight and trade it in.)

Current team;
Spoiler:

It was also pretty difficult giving them George related nicknames, although I did my best.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Username: Riku
Character/Person/Group: Riku ( Kingdom hearts )
Game(s): Emerald
Team:
Mightyena ( Riku )
Shiftry (Roxas)
Pichu (Larxene)
Dusclops (Xion)
Alakazam (Sora)
Delcatty (Kiari)

Requirements:
only use dark Pokemon until after first gym
Must not let Dusclops or Delcatty die
In double battles Alakazam and Mightyena must be on a team
Pichu must be the fastest

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
First post updated once again, be sure to let me know if I've missed anything or anyone.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Username: Rafaelp
Character/Person/Group: Axel (Kingdom Hearts)
Game(s): Red
Team: Charizard, Flareon, Vaporeon, Arcanine, Jolteon
Requirements:
Must get all fire types first.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Pokemon RED
Got starter
Hacked in Growlithe and the three Eevees.
Trained each until level 15.
Pwned Brock with lvl 18 Charmeleon
Beat ll trainers on next route.
Saved.

Back