• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think it's the complexity of the designs that make them hard to distinguish, if so than generation 3 was the start with generations 4 and 5 gaining steam. However I think it's all nostalgia from gen 1 fan boys and girls, perhaps gen 2 and us gen 3, gen 4, and gen 5 fans will be the same one day...hope not.

Personally I wouldn't mind a electric kangaroo with a battery, however I think gloves would fit it better.

Years
It certainly would, perhaps it could be our new Lucario, having a cute pre evolution. Or they should make it our Kangaskhan Male version, and have it share it's pre evolution with her.

Years
Sadly (or gladly depending on what one thinks of them) there's a 99.99999999 percent chance they're fake.

Hopefully we'll get more animals this generation and more creative pokemon based inanimate objects (Like gen III's Chimecho and Ralts line, yes the Ralts line is based on an inanimate object) and not two headed Ice cream cones, or broken trash bags...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
True, but don't forget this is GF we're talking about here -- they can virtually create any design they want.

569.png

Anything.

So, while those rumors from GameFAQs are false, Gamefreak could still create something akin to a Kangaroo having hammer like arms... or something.

Hey, leave Garbodor alone.

He's cool. :)

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Even though im pretty sure the rumors are fake, the idea of Fennekin line being inspired wih Egyptian mythology sounds promising. A lot of their Gods have Wolf/Fox like Traits.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... talking about some rumors that been spread around about a "hammer arm kangaroo" eh? Wouldn't it be nice to see a platypus Pokémon that is a Water/Poison-type? Knowing that male platypus have a stinger next to one of their legs?

Wait! Haven't I already said that ages ago in some other thread? xD

But other than that... I'm kinda getting this feeling that Sylveon is going to be a Fighting-type for some reason. Maybe because I'm picturing Sylveon between Mienfoo and Mienshao, but then when I think about Minccino and Cinccino... it's making me think about the Normal-type since Cinccino has ribbons on it which is quite identical to what Sylveon has. There is some theory as to why I kind of think of the Fighting-type area, 'cause for one... it's mainly based on competing and secondly... something about Sylveon's ribbons kind of make me think about one of those sports where you use streamers and then you're judged on how well you perform. But if there ever is a brand new type, I've also thought up of another new kind of type called "Mystic-type", not to be confused with Psychic type... but then again.. it's too similar, so probably not as good as the hugely speculated Light-type. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Some fakemon look excellent, it all depends on the effort put into them. I wouln't complain if GF launched a competition where the winner could design a pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
Some fakemon look excellent, it all depends on the effort put into them. I wouln't complain if GF launched a competition where the winner could design a pokemon.

I'd like that, I wouldnt enter myself ofc but from the fakemons I've seen, I could imagine that the winners would be a very impressive design.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Hammer-arm kangaroo? No no no that is way too silly. We have seen that Gamefreak could give us literally everything even from Generation I (Diglett and Hitmon family in particular, then we have ice cream, cloud, and lamp Pokemon). But they wouldn't come up with something absurd and outlandish like. They shouldn't. Enough with Magmotar and Rhyperior arm cannon. No more weapon in place of arm.

who is wanting a beautiful Grass/Dragon pokemon
Serperior should be one, but why Game Freak, why? ;__;

The animation is so pretty though.

No, but really, trading can be so tedious these days. Especially for those who want to trade over a handful of Pokémon from one game to the next. Shorter, quicker animations and being able to trade multiple Pokémon at once would be really nice to have at this point. At least three at the same time would be a time saver. Gen V was such a tease at first making us think we could do that, until we found out it was just another unnecessary step in the process.

Pretty but it get boring, tedious, repetitive, and unnecessary core in long run, especially if you are in hurry or have to transfer massive numbers of Pokemon from one version to another. GF was such an evil not only because they tease us, but also it make trading process become longer than it should be. Being able to trade directly from Box is such a huge step, and they should do it even further.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Too bad, because the 3DS's capabilities will allow GF to extend trading's animation even further, as well as move animations and Pokemon animation.

blue

gucci
Years
According to GameStop (UK), the release date for Pokemon X and Y is 27th October 2013... More than likely just a place holder since games are usually released on a Friday in UK and that would be a Sunday. However that does seem a more plausible date for the US release date.

122f8k7.jpg

Years
As for the order of release, even though it is worldwide, I'm speculating this order:

Japan > US > Australia > Europe

I know it's the pattern they've been following for most of the past main games. But then I'd wait until Game Freak make an official announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back