• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
From the looks of the screenshots it already appears that the Route numbers are starting over again. If that were to happen, confusing the Routes of Unova and Kalos would be pretty easy. Plus, I doubt that they want to redevelop a region that they've already made four games for AGAIN just to revisit it. The graphics were barely changed between RBY and GSC (outside of color), so it was pretty easy to just redo the maps. Now that we have an entirely different game engine it'd take much more effort. We've already been there twice, do we need it a third time?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm going to go on record as saying Unova and Kalos are NOT connected. There are just too many reasons why they wouldn't be.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
CycloneGU said:
I'm going to go on record as saying Unova and Kalos are NOT connected. There are just too many reasons why they wouldn't be.

Cyclone

I for one want to use that handy dandy train that runs through the mountain. Whether or not it leads to a new region or just a new area to this one.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just from the looks of the map it really does look like we have a much larger region that usual. Hopefully we'll have enough content in one region to not justify having to travel to another one. It'd honestly just be much preferred in my eyes.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
BTW I wasn't claiming it was... I was just bringing up general speculations from other sources... I thought it was a cool coincidence...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Something of note, however; there is a lot of land area in Unova we don't actually get to explore. There will be areas here that are equally inaccessible. It'll somehow make things somewhat linear again.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Something of note, however; there is a lot of land area in Unova we don't actually get to explore. There will be areas here that are equally inaccessible. It'll somehow make things somewhat linear again.

Cyclone
Hoenn also had quite an inaccessible area, however it wasn't as liner as Unova, hopefully it's routes will be more like Hoenn's than Unova's in terms of linearity.

blue

gucci
Years
Allegedly some "new screenshots" have come to light, only five but I think they're just higher quality images of what we've already seen. There could be one or two new ones but nothing too interesting.

Spoiler:

As I've previously stated, it looks like you can find plenty of Pokemon (At least 77) in Central Kalos.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
First pic.: Doesn't Gamefreak know it's rude to point?

Second pic.: One region only has six Pokémon? That can't be right...

Third pic.: "Ah, what a lovely gard-"...*ZAP*

...and you're missing two of your "five". :)

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
First pic.: Doesn't Gamefreak know it's rude to point?

Second pic.: One region only has six Pokémon? That can't be right...

Third pic.: "Ah, what a lovely gard-"...*ZAP*

...and you're missing two of your "five". :)

Cyclone

The other two were the images we've already seen except in Japanese. I doubt that will be the complete amount of Pokemon found in each area, six is probably just a few of many you can find in that area.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
A region doesn't have to be connected for you to visit them the U.s. has constant flights to and from France they could make accessible by flight or that odd train station that seems to lead nowhere might lead to Anville town in Unova.
"Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region."
This is a description of the oldest train from Anville a possible connection to Kalos is a possibility. Also Gen 1 had just as many games as Gen 5 and they still connected it to Johto it might be the same situation for this generation

Years
I doubt they'll connect them after seeing the map, this region seems to be another sinnoh in terms of size, which is good as I felt Sinnoh had a lot in it...interestingly Sinnoh had a couple of french elements in it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It's true enough that regions don't have to be physically connected in order for you to visit them...one problem though: you're missing the why. Meaning, why is it that we're going to another region?

Why does somebody in America travel to France in real life?

So you're saying that people in the pokemon world are content to stay in their own country and not broaden their horizons? (heck they have enough money to travel the world, by the end game my characters have more money than I know what to do with)

Plus they've already beaten the elite four and they're still young. You would think they would travel the world.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
A region doesn't have to be connected for you to visit them the U.s. has constant flights to and from France they could make accessible by flight or that odd train station that seems to lead nowhere might lead to Anville town in Unova.
"Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region."
This is a description of the oldest train from Anville a possible connection to Kalos is a possibility. Also Gen 1 had just as many games as Gen 5 and they still connected it to Johto it might be the same situation for this generation
Actually, this makes logical sense. Where exactly is Anville Town? Top-left corner of Unova. Where is the new train type area? Right side of Kalos. There could be a connection. And once you reach Anville Town, the main train into Nimbasa City is closed down. The path could open after the E4 and a certain post-game event, but I highly doubt it.

And who says 2 and 3 are not demo numbers? They could be trolling us again.

But I still think Katos will not connect to a past region. It's definitely an interesting tidbit, however, and something that could be explored in a possible "Z".

Cyclone

Years
It'll be unique of Z if it were to have a region the first two didn't...definately would be worthy of a third version imo.

Now I still don't think they're connected but an airplane may be possible. Now if only they label the routes with an initial like Route 1 U and Route 1 K...wait is that last one Kalos or Kanto :p.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It'll be unique of Z if it were to have a region the first two didn't...definately would be worthy of a third version imo.

Now I still don't think they're connected but an airplane may be possible. Now if only they label the routes with an initial like Route 1 U and Route 1 K...wait is that last one Kalos or Kanto :p.
Are we talking about Kanto in here? :P

They'd have to do that with Unova. However, they wouldn't have to in Kalos; that's the main area, remember.

I just had an inspiration.

Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region.
What if this generation took place before Unova?

Cyclone

Years
I always thought those cars they're refering to may be the trams from Sinnoh, the used in the Marsh...

Kalos would be more technologically advanced then considering what we've seen. At best I think it may take place between BW and B2W2...it could be like an interquel to those games.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
*regarding the pokédex screenshot on previous page*

I hadn't actually thought about the region split. When I do, it's pretty cool to have what is basically three regions in one.

What's the point of travelling to another region when you can have THREE different, whole-new regions in one game, with what I assume must be separate environments and Pokémon.
And some more cases like Shellos and Gastrodon perhaps!

blue

gucci
Years
I'm interested to see the different species of Pokemon that we can find in the different enviroments, I can assume Coastal will be heavily water based but I'm sure we'll get a diverse mix of old and new Pokemon throughout these areas which will be nice.

Years
Speaking of Gastrodon, do you think Shellos may get a new design if available in the dex? If so I'm hoping it's Yellow this time. Or maybe another Shellos gimmick Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back