• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Free Shop] i make post flairs (????)?:*:??.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday

i make post flairs

While I'm not the most skilled in css or html, and I can't draw for shit, I can at least use my mind to do something that looks decently good in the New Pok?Community Beta postbits (information area displayed to the left of or above your actual post text on the forums).

So I can make you a flair if you like :3 It won't be a technical marvel but it'll probably look pretty nice. It's just great fun for me to play around with, and I'm learning as I go. You may fill in the form below to request certain features you want me to include in your flair, and I'll do my best to make it look good with them, or leave them out if it simply looks better differently!

If you're thinking "What are post flairs, what have I missed?" right now, you might want to go and read these posts: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9872535#post9872535 and https://www.pokecommunity.com/new-pokecommunity/ and also mayhaps https://www.pokecommunity.com/donations/

Only Pok?Community Supporters are currently able to use post flairs, as they are the only ones with access to the Beta. So if you are not a donator, you will not be able to use this shop yet. Sorry (????) eventually it'll be available to all!

rules of this shop

- Fill in the form below if you want to request a flair.

- You may wish for things to be included and I'll try to make it the way you want it, but I am allowed to take some freedom and do something differently if I think it'll look or work better~

- I may deny any request if I for any reason feel like I can't or really don't want to do it - but I'll try of course :3

- You may freely use and edit a flair I have made for you. No credit is needed, but I'll put a picture up in this thread of how it originally looked when I finished it, and for whom I made it.

request form

to help me understand what you want

General feel: (explain what general feeling/mood/aestethic/franchise you'd like your postbit to convey! this is the most crucial thing as I might ignore the rest of the wishes as long as we manage to make this general feel just right for you~ any miscellaneous wishes you can voice here too.)

Color scheme: (any specific general color(s) you'd like your postbit to have?)

Avatar: (please show me what avatar you are planning to use with this postbit - if you don't have a specific idea, I can find you an avatar :D )

Background: (do you want a background picture or color/gradient/pattern? You can provide a picture if you know exactly what you want, otherwise I will find something that works well with the design!)

Postbit position preference: (in your Pok?Community settings, you can choose whether to display the postbits to the left of or above posts. Which style do you prefer? I'll try to make it look good in both, but your preference is the one I'll work the hardest to make good)

showcase

my own postbits:
Spoiler:

for others:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

General feel: I want something that vibes with my current sig/avatar/profile theme. Anything that would go well with that is good enough for me.

Color scheme: Pink and silver for sure!

Background: surprise me 8D

Postbit preference: Legacy :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Rika, you're a marvel for doing this! I didn't realise flairs could be displayed to the left. It looks great in short posts, but long ones are a little stretched. (My own flair looks terrible on the left, haha. Whoops!)

I'll definitely be seeking your help soon, once I've got my next theme planned. :)

EDIT: I'm ready!

General feel: Best keep it simple, yet tasteful. Something based around The Secret of Nimh, preferably! I'm not too picky?as long as it has soft, easy colours and the name is clear. I'll leave this up to your expertise!

Color scheme: Whatever complements my current avatar would be nice!

Avatar: The one I'm using now. If it's too big to work with, I can make it 150x150.

Background: This is what I'm always having trouble with. Whatever works is fine! (Sorry for being so vague.) If it helps, I really like this pic and this one.

Postbit position preference: Left, please.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I want one!

General feel: I want something that vibes with my current sig/avatar/profile theme. Anything that would go well with that is good enough for me.

Color scheme: Pink and silver for sure!

Background: surprise me 8D

Postbit preference: Legacy :)
Here you go, give it a whirl!

Spoiler:

Code:
Main Block

background-color: #000000;
color: #CC311D;
background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/JXhJ2rF.png');
background-position: center;
background-size: cover;
border-top-right-radius: 5%;
border-bottom-right-radius: 5%;
box-shadow: 1px 1px 10px #888888;

border-radius: 20%;
box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #888888;

Your Name

color: #89868F;
text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff;
font-family: griffy;
font-size: 150%;
letter-spacing: 4px;

Statistics

color: #89868F;
text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff;
font-family: germania one;
padding-top: 1px;
letter-spacing: 8px;

Mini Biography

color: #B8B4BF;
font-family: germania one;
padding: 5px;
font-size: 90%;
letter-spacing: 2px;
box-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #888888;
background-color: #faf3d8;
border-radius: 5%;

And importantly: User Title

[cimg=width: 40px;]https://i.imgur.com/x9glJl9.png[/cimg]

Probably your short name will work with the gender symbol and put it on the same row. I turned it off while I was previewing with my long name. You are of course free to tweak this code in whatever way you see fit in order to get you the perfect flair eventually <3

Onto Hyzenthlay!

Hyzenthlay

Years
How's this? I'm not sure I prefer the background picture to be centered so it looks like the sparks are coming from her thingy :3 Or if they should be coming from the right, because then it looks sort of less busy haha and you preferred it clean and smooth, I presume? You can edit that as you see fit yourself, of course :D

Oh my! This is lovely! You've really captured the warmth and colour I imagined. ^_^

To me the sparks seem just right, but you've made me curious about the other positions, so I'll give them a try. :) The flair looks great both top and left. Thanks so much for doing this!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Code:
Main block

background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/Maqy8vz.jpg');
box-shadow: 0px 0px 1em #a3866e;

box-shadow: 0px 0px 7em #a3866e;
border-radius: 50%;

Your name

background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #B40404, #FE2E2E, #FA8258);
    background-image:    -moz-linear-gradient(left, #B40404, #FE2E2E, #FA8258);
    background-image:     -ms-linear-gradient(left, #B40404, #FE2E2E, #FA8258);
    background-image:      -o-linear-gradient(left, #B40404, #FE2E2E, #FA8258);
    background-image:         linear-gradient(to right, #B40404, #FE2E2E, #FA8258);
    color:transparent;
    -webkit-background-clip: text;
    background-clip: text;
font-family: Noto Serif;
font-size: 25px;
letter-spacing: 2px;
font-style: oblique;
text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #F5EABA;

Statistics

font-family: Merriweather;
color: #B40404;
text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #F2C7AA;
border-top-left-radius: 2em;
border-bottom-right-radius: 2em;
padding: 6px;
background-color: rgba(196, 188, 151, 0.70);
box-shadow: 0px 0px 3em #a3866e;

Mini Biography

color: transparent;

For Hyzenthlay!
If you make edits, it would be interesting to hear about them; I notice you know some css things I didn't, and I'm always very eager to learn more :D

Next up is making a new flair for user: Disturbed!

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Oh, not really, I'm just good at pick-pocketing other people's CSS when I get the chance. ;)

There's nothing I changed, apart from the tiniest colour tweak for the statistics box, but it's hardly noticeable! Anyway, I really appreciate it. I'm going to request a signature from Fairy now, and once that's done, I'll be sure to credit your flair. ^_^

TY

I think i finally managed to know what I want

General feel: This is the hardest for me, as i never can really explain what I'd like xD
Something that goes well with the theme im trying to have, although that may sound very vague :(

Color scheme: whatever looks nice along with the avatar/background

Background: I was thinking of this image but it seems a bit too short, although the part I care the most for is the 2 heads at the top of the image.

Postbit position preference: to the left

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I should really get into the habit of saving the code here for my own old postbits too :V haha. Here's my current one.

Main block

CSS
background-color: #F2F3F5;
color: #CC311D;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 0.5em #66B8D4;

CSS
border-radius: 50%;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 1em #E0BFE3;
Your name

CSS
color: #666666;
font-family: "press start 2p";
font-size: 170%;
letter-spacing: 6px;
text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #E0BFE3;
opacity: 1.0;
Statistics

CSS
color: transparent;
font-family: 'geo';
line-height: 0px;
Mini Biography

CSS
opacity: 1.0; color: #66B8D4; font-family: 'press start 2p'; font-size: 60%; padding: 5px;
text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #666666;

Years
General feel: Well, my current forum avatar is a photo I took while I was driving a few months ago, and I really really was looking to see something that matches this photo, in someway for my post flair. I'd like it to be kind of... relaxing, for lack of a better word.

Color scheme: I'd really love for it to match the colors of the avatar or be similar enough that it looks good.

Background: Honestly, I'd really like a gradient feel to this UNLESS you can find an excellent photo you'd feel would work well with this one.

Postbit position preference: I don't have a preference here. Do what you'd like here.

I'm very amicable with design ideas, anything you can do for me i'll heavily appreciate.

Much love! Thank you!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
For TY!

Spoiler:

np! Hm, is your border radius in the mini-biography set to 20px?

Now for my next trick...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Much love! Thank you!
Try this out! I think it should work with both Top and Left postbits. If the camera next to your name seems to sit too close to your username, try adjusting the padding in the Your Name field; I've set it to "padding-right: 55px;" now but you can put a higher or lower number as you see fit.

Spoiler:

If there is anything you don't like about this flair, let me know and I'll keep tweaking it. And of course, you are fully welcome to tweak it yourself rather than keep my exact design :)

(also I think it'll look best if you choose to not display your gender icon, especially if you do change your username into something longer!)

Last edited:
Back