• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coffee? [Now with addl questions!]

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Coffee is life. I need to get my fix everyday. We are lucky to have great coffee. I noticed when I was in America that the coffee often tasted burnt so I would only order caramel lattes, at least then I could get my sweet caffeine hit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Guys, try an iced latte with almond milk and hazelnut. It's so good.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Coffee either makes me hyper or makes me calm.

Honestly I can't tell anymore.

Although......i'm generally kind of both hyper and calm o_O;;; its weird xD

Sirfetch’d

I really am not a coffee person tbh. I can tolerate it black but even then I really am not a huge fan.

LadyJirachu

Years
I really am not a coffee person tbh. I can tolerate it black but even then I really am not a huge fan.

Coffee is habit forming anyways so you're lucky you don't care much for it haha :P

This reminds me of my mom a bit. She doesn't care for sugar/sweet tastes much at all, saving her from ever being at risk of a sugar addiction like other people are more prone to.

I like both coffee and sugar though. Luckily, I wouldn't say I get too addicted to sugar, but i've learned self control with it after I was too sensitive to have it for years haha. As for coffee.....well, I can over do coffee sometimes >_<;;;

I actually can over do sweets on some days too but. I don't get "I Want Its" over sweets my mom wouldn't want me eating at grocery stores too. I stick to sweets I know don't trigger my autism badly pretty well. I'm not too bad with sugar overall when it comes to that, at least. And I do try to limit how much I have in one day with the stuff I can have as much as I can. Having fruit around helps ;3 Gives me something sweet to reach for that isn't gonna be too unhealthy in large amounts xD Fruit is like the best stuff ever.

Last edited:
Years
Coffee does wonders for me but I can't have it without some form of sweetener as I refuse to have it alone or with any form of sugar.

The kind of coffee is also a factor for me. I'm not very picky about it, but lately I've been into having the Alta Rica Nescaf? which by instant coffee standards is fantastic.

LadyJirachu

Years
Coffee does wonders for me but I can't have it without some form of sweetener as I refuse to have it alone or with any form of sugar.

The kind of coffee is also a factor for me. I'm not very picky about it, but lately I've been into having the Alta Rica Nescaf? which by instant coffee standards is fantastic.

Alta Rica Necaf? sounds tasty :3 At least the name does. Maybe i'll try it someday! I'm fine with the taste of the normal instant coffee we get too though.

I don't like coffee sweetened much (although; I LOVE the taste of mocha, and mocha flavored kind bars are becoming my favorites now xD). I like it most with milk in it. I've put up with plain coffee but it's kind of icky tasting to me too.

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I enjoy some "barely" coffee drinks, but I'm coffee intolerant, so I get sick within a few hours every single time I drink coffee, no matter the source..
Would this with or without additives such as high glycemic-load sweeters, pasteurized milk/cream, etc? Also, with or without filtered water?

I asking as a matter of curiosity, since there are probably myriad of factors toward coffee intolerance.

IV drip?

CRABohU.jpg
Why not sport coffee enemas while we're at it! :laugh-squinted:

I really like coffee, typically with milk added :3
Would this with be pasteurized milk?

As for myself, I am a bit picky, since I am a bit of a health nut, and am attempting to retard the aging process as much as possible without living in a bubble with all my power. Note I did not say anti-aging, since that presumes I am attempting to make myself immortal---which I am sure some "biohackers" are attempting to achieve. I will admit it would be interesting if this were to happen within my lifetime but that's here & there.

Also, I don't have a french press, or any fancy coffee preparing apparatuses. So, for now, I am settling with Bulletproof Cold Brew Mocha Flavor, which I prefer cold as opposed to room temperature. It's also convenient that the Whole Foods that I walk to sell these individually.

By the way, as a cautionary tale, I would advise against drinking four of these per day. I tried this as an experiment (two in mid-morning, two at night), and I was wired during my sleep & the next day. Thus, one proves to be sufficient.

Years
I do enjoy a coffee but never have one as a 'wake up' drink in the morning. I don't want to become dependent on it to feel awake. Lots of milk and sugar are necessary. If I can find hazelnut milk I'll use that.

Years
It is basic but it's tasty so I'll definitely make sure to have one if I'm in Hong Kong or elsewhere. China's Starbucks seasonal selection is appalling :(

Back