• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
I don't know if anyone else had this issue or not, but when I installed the new patch I lost the sound.

Hm, that's odd. Are you sure it was only upon patching?

This does look like a good game, but when i go to download the 1.5 version, it states that this file has been deleted or removed

Are you sure you're trying to download the correct version? 1.5 seems to work just fine, whereas the 1.5.2 doesn't work, I just noticed:

1.5.2 Patch Mediafire Download Link

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Hm, that's odd. Are you sure it was only upon patching?

Are you sure you're trying to download the correct version? 1.5 seems to work just fine, whereas the 1.5.2 doesn't work, I just noticed:

i think i found my problem......noobish too. i didnt bother downloading the first thing i was supposed to be downloading so i can download the patch. that's all fixed up, thank you

Edit: as it turns out, and i finally figured it out, i needed something to open up the RAR files, which i found and downloaded and extracted everything i needed to play. havent played it yet, but i did play the first version and that was cool up until i had to battle the rival and then it crashed on me

Edit2: one question i forgot to ask: did you include the option for shinies in the game like in the real games?

Edit3: Sigh...........this one is doing the same thing, it crashes when i get to the rival battle, though it says the script is hanging this time around

Edit4: i wanna update Edit3. it still says the script is hanging, but when i exit out and go back in, it continues whereever i am, so that doesnt seem like a problem. though i do have two other issues: When people talk, the text area that goes up with the speech doesnt come up, so if something is any other color than white, i gotta kinda squint to see what it is. also, it wont let me use the PDA at all. i click it, the screen goes black and nothing comes up

Last edited:

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
Edit4: i wanna update Edit3. it still says the script is hanging, but when i exit out and go back in, it continues whereever i am, so that doesnt seem like a problem. though i do have two other issues: When people talk, the text area that goes up with the speech doesnt come up, so if something is any other color than white, i gotta kinda squint to see what it is. also, it wont let me use the PDA at all. i click it, the screen goes black and nothing comes up

I'm not sure about the problems you are facing, but I did have a problem with the text boxes lacking backgrounds.
I fixed it by patching to 1.5.1

D. Lawride

Years
i think i found my problem......noobish too. i didnt bother downloading the first thing i was supposed to be downloading so i can download the patch. that's all fixed up, thank you

Edit: as it turns out, and i finally figured it out, i needed something to open up the RAR files, which i found and downloaded and extracted everything i needed to play. havent played it yet, but i did play the first version and that was cool up until i had to battle the rival and then it crashed on me

Edit2: one question i forgot to ask: did you include the option for shinies in the game like in the real games?

Edit3: Sigh...........this one is doing the same thing, it crashes when i get to the rival battle, though it says the script is hanging this time around

The Shiny option is in, but it's not working very well yet.

The rival battles and stuff were corrected in the latest patches, so you're most likely using an old version.

I'm not sure about the problems you are facing, but I did have a problem with the text boxes lacking backgrounds.
I fixed it by patching to 1.5.1

As mentioned, the windowskins can be fixed by placing the Graphics folder included in either patches in the game's own folder.

So, now for updates!

We've been working towards an extra patch lately, one that includes an Event (this is most likely how events will be distributed by us :3). Here's a quick image:

halloween_event_by_donlawride-d4d7cmd.png

DonLawride on deviantArt said:
So, this a Halloween Event that's been on the works for the past few days. There isn't much to it yet but the fact that you'll be able to catch an extremely rare Pokémon very early in the game, assuring an edge in most tough battles.

After applying the Halloween Patch, head to a Pokémon Center anywhere and talk to the man seen in the picture to receive a Hollow Pass, which will grant you passage to a secret island by talking to the Sailor seen in the picture as well.

The Halloween Patch will only be up for about a week or so before, during and after Halloween, so keep your eyes peeled for news! : D

D. Lawride

Years
when i play nightmare, there is an error about something. i thought that was fixed?

You probably mean the ENOENT or something along those lines error that occurs when battling the rival. This error happened in V1.4, and no longer happens in the latest versions. In fact, lemme just remove those downloads, I don't know why I even kept them up.

Years
You probably mean the ENOENT or something along those lines error that occurs when battling the rival. This error happened in V1.4, and no longer happens in the latest versions. In fact, lemme just remove those downloads, I don't know why I even kept them up.

its weird cuz i downloaded v 1.5 and i downloaded v 1.5.2 patch

Last edited:

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
i found a glitch there is one building that if you enter and then leave you exit out of a separate house its in like the third or fourth city/town

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
The Shiny option is in, but it's not working very well yet.

The rival battles and stuff were corrected in the latest patches, so you're most likely using an old version.

As mentioned, the windowskins can be fixed by placing the Graphics folder included in either patches in the game's own folder.

I seem to have fixed the problem containing the text boxes, so that's now fine, but the game, for some strange reason, STILL wont let me use the PDA. no real concern there, unless i really need it

Edit: ok, cancel this, turns out that my laptop was going really slow and i just needed to restart it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
i didnot get it how to patch it??/

when i dwnload it these folders came..graphic new folder dont read me and game.rgssad

while in the patching method its says move to rgssad folder or comething and i dont what to do pls.help??

D. Lawride

Years
i didnot get it how to patch it??/

when i dwnload it these folders came..graphic new folder dont read me and game.rgssad

while in the patching method its says move to rgssad folder or comething and i dont what to do pls.help??

After downloading both 1.5 and the 1.5.2 patch, paste everything included in the patch on the game's folder. Don't forget to move the audio files to their respective folders, though.

Years
i am using the 1.5.2 version and i can't continue because the script is taking too long too load at the pokemon center in the first port.
it sucks because it keep saving at the point and everytime it loads it wont continue:(

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
If I update this game, will I lose all my progress?

I assume that unless there are very drastical changes on data addresses and whatnot from one update to another, it will probably be ok (although I'm just speaking of experience in general, the game author is better suit to answer you more throughly).

But in any case keep a back of your save file in a separate location.

D. Lawride

Years
i am using the 1.5.2 version and i can't continue because the script is taking too long too load at the pokemon center in the first port.
it sucks because it keep saving at the point and everytime it loads it wont continue:(

That's an odd bug... never had that one reported. I'll have to check what's up.

If I update this game, will I lose all my progress?

I assume that unless there are very drastical changes on data addresses and whatnot from one update to another, it will probably be ok (although I'm just speaking of experience in general, the game author is better suit to answer you more throughly).

But in any case keep a back of your save file in a separate location.

As mentioned above, no, you can keep your save without losing progress.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
wild pokemon OVERLOAD!

way too many appearances of wild pokemon, its take so long to travel anywhere and i spent all my money on repels :(

D. Lawride

Years
way too many appearances of wild pokemon, its take so long to travel anywhere and i spent all my money on repels :(

Where exactly? :3

Because from Litindle to Victala (starting town to first town) and through the forest, there is a plethora of Potions (I've had people complaining for too many Potions) and a check point where you can heal. Aside from that, I don't see where you'd have problems with the encounters. Also, the encounter rate is the same as in the game.

Now, quick thing because I'll be awfully late for the Halloween event:

halloween_event_by_donlawride-d4d7cmd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back