• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Garchomp's Move Pool

I got a Garchomp in B/W, His Attack is mainly strong for sure. However, I'd like to know if these moves suit him:

-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

The Combination was xtremely helpful in many Occasion, however, I didn't give him moves for online gameplay. So in General, are these moves any good? They sweep lots of enemies in the Subway, Ghost, Physic, Ice, Steel, Fire, Dragon, Electric and so on....It helped me alot personally...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I got a Garchomp in B/W, His Attack is mainly strong for sure. However, I'd like to know if these moves suit him:

-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

The Combination was xtremely helpful in many Occasion, however, I didn't give him moves for online gameplay. So in General, are these moves any good? They sweep lots of enemies in the Subway, Ghost, Physic, Ice, Steel, Fire, Dragon, Electric and so on....It helped me alot personally...

Actually 3/4 of the moves you have are used on his competitive moveset, lol. :) But anyway, Crunch isn't used because Dark doesn't have the best coverage; I'm pretty sure either Stone Edge, Aqua Tail or Outrage is used for him.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Should I ditch my Emboar for a Chandelure?

I understand that Chandelure is a Sp. Atk beast and has better typing, but I'm not fully convinced that I should ditch my starter for it.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Should I ditch my Emboar for a Chandelure?

I understand that Chandelure is a Sp. Atk beast and has better typing, but I'm not fully convinced that I should ditch my starter for it.

I think it would be worth it, but just think about how you were doing with Emboar? Was it doing well, I've personally never used it, but I have used Chandelure and it well... Owns everything!

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Mk, so I was directed here and my question still isn't answered, so I'll ask it a different way: Is it possible to get a Whirlipede level 9 and under? I can't seem to breed one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Mk, so I was directed here and my question still isn't answered, so I'll ask it a different way: Is it possible to get a Whirlipede level 9 and under? I can't seem to breed one.

Unless you hack it, no. The evolution levels are set in stone, as are what the Pokemon you can breed are.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How do you get a level 1 zekrom/reshiram? any clue?

Hacking, through using Action Replay, etc. They can't be bred and can't be caught at any other levels other than when you encounter them yourself.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Rate my team, pl0x?

I have seven badges, and I'm about to take on the Opelucid Gym.

Level 45 Fraxure
Level 44 Reuniclus
Level 44 Unfezant
Level 44 Seismitoad
Level 43 Emboar (thinking of trading for a Chandelure, should I?)
Level 44 Gigalith

Thanks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Rate my team, pl0x?

I have seven badges, and I'm about to take on the Opelucid Gym.

Level 45 Fraxure
Level 44 Reuniclus
Level 44 Unfezant
Level 44 Seismitoad
Level 43 Emboar (thinking of trading for a Chandelure, should I?)
Level 44 Gigalith

Thanks.

You're better off asking within in-game team help, which is where people will rate your teams for you. Just remember to include a moveset, because without movesets nobody can really make a proper judgement on your team. Plus this thread isn't really for team help, rather just simple questions about what you can and can't do in regards to the games.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Dream World Help

I need to get Dream points faster. Is there a way to do that? And what is the Pokemon limit you can reach, 50?

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years
Does the Japanese Ditto method work?

(It's when you get a japanese Ditto on an english game and breed it with your pokémon.) It supposedly increases the chance of a shiny to about 1/1000.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I need to get Dream points faster. Is there a way to do that? And what is the Pokemon limit you can reach, 50?

Make sure you participate in everything in each session, like literally don't avoid any Pokemon even if it's useless. You can get at most about 30 or so Pokemon before your time expires, which gives you about 5 minutes of the period afterwards where you can go water your berries, water other people's and plant your own.

Which means at most you can gain pretty much around 500 or so each visit if you use basically every minute. So let's see... in a week, you can get about 3500 points at most, which is pretty good tbh.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Soo I just got my eighth badge and I watched the cutscene with Tornadus raising all kinds of hell. Trouble is, the only routes he seems to be flying around are routes I can't access. Do I have to beat the E4 before I can catch him? I've heard that you can catch him when you get eight badges, so...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Soo I just got my eighth badge and I watched the cutscene with Tornadus raising all kinds of hell. Trouble is, the only routes he seems to be flying around are routes I can't access. Do I have to beat the E4 before I can catch him? I've heard that you can catch him when you get eight badges, so...

Nope, you can catch both it and Thundurus after the 8 badges. Check here for what time of day and where you can catch it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Tornadus' route changes as you change routes/cities. So keep changing routes/cities until Tornadus gets to an accessible route; don't bother with the eastern routes yet unless you really want to get Tornadus there. The best way to do that is go to a gatehouse (the one leading to Opelucid) and keep entering/exiting it until it rains in Route 9.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Is there a way to figure out how many Ev's my pokemon has? I find it REALLY hard to believe the only way to find out is by counting them as you receive them..

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
I don't want to say anyone is wrong about not needing to beat the E4 to get Tornadus, but I've been going back and forth on route 9 for two hours, and the storm is only showing up in the double digit routes starting with route 12, which would mean the day/evening locator on Serebii is off too.

Am I off my rocker here?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
I don't want to say anyone is wrong about not needing to beat the E4 to get Tornadus, but I've been going back and forth on route 9 for two hours, and the storm is only showing up in the double digit routes starting with route 12, which would mean the day/evening locator on Serebii is off too.

Am I off my rocker here?

I in fact caught Thundurus on route 2. So I know it's possible to catch them before the E4. You may just be getting un-lucky..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back