• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I can't wait to see there evos. :) This gen is WAY better than Unova's starters. As long as Fennekin ends up being a pure fire, not something stupid like fire fighting, I might consider choosing it, though they all have potential.
Also, trying to stay relatively spoiler free over here, so try not to blurt out anything important. xD

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
What do you think of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie?

I'll reserve my final judgement for when I see their evolutionary chains and what they're capable of.

Currently, however, I can't say I like what I see. Chespin is who I'll likely choose at the moment but he's a little bit too "Alvin and the Chipmunks" for my taste. Is Fenniken supposed to be a fire fox? Looks more like a chihuahua to me. Froakie oh Froakie........... what can I say about you. There are obviously people on here who you appeal to, unfortunately I'm just not one of them. Of course I can only say this in terms of their aesthetic appeal to me as we've not yet seen the full extent their battle capabilities.

I think that I can safely say that they're the strangest set of starters that we've had but it's way too early to tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. As I've said, I'll reserve my final judgement of them until I've seen their evolutionary chains and battle capabilities. That only seems fair.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Really? I like how they all look for the most part, except for Chesipin, who looks too much like Alvin and the Chipmunks, like you said. Fenniken is adorable, the eyes and ears are so adorable <3

Yeah, I think I just don't know how to feel about the drastic change of design in first stage starters. Usually, they're round/ stout but this time around (the blatant exception being Chespin) they're slender and pointy, almost stick like. It just seems kinda off to me.

Well, to each his/ her own I guess.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years

Well...after some evaluation I think I can say a few things here and there about what I think about their ffirst stages.

Chespin: Chespin looks like it has that Grass/Normal look going for it(although many people predict grass/dark, but still. Observing its design, I would say that its little prickly hat looks sorta odd. My guess is that it will become some sort of hedgehog or chipmunk. Other than thot, I dont have much opinion on him. Kinda "good", but at the same time "meh" in terms of me liking it. One thing to note, is that the red tip of its tail could see some development along with its hat in its evolutions.

Fennekin: Well, tis be the bandwagon starter. I will not deny that fennekin is adorably cute. However it just doesnt do it for me. Idk. My reasons being
1) it kinda gives off a feminine air and I like my starters to be male. This however is easily dismissed
2) I'm not sure if would take to a fox as well as the other starters.
3) Fennekin sorta has that Sly/Cute design. For me thats kinda meh...If it had something like a Sly/Cool design(Snivy comes to mind as an example) then it would apeal to me more. Then again...if I thought of Fennekin as a cat, I guess this sorta turns into a good thing.
Well, my viewpoints aside, Fennekin seems that it will be interesting for those that choose it. But looking at its actual design and slim structure, doesnt look like it will be able to take many hits.

Froakie: Ah..Froakie. The second checkmark on my list of animals I want as a starter. Evaluating its design it looks like they turned up the detail a bit. I like how they intergrated the foamy material on its back and nose. Take away the foam I think he kinda looks like treeko in terms of shape. Anyway, although maybe not the cutest starter Froakie does seem to be the most interested and apealing to me, due to its overall design and detail, its blank expression in the artwork could prove to be somewhat of an interesting personality, and its overal potential(being a frog and what not) gives it many forms of variety in design and statistical features.
A fakemon somone made of their interpretation of Froakie's final evo. If its final evolution actually looked like this, I would have zero complaints:
Spoiler:

Overall: The slight change of pace in their designs could prove promissing. Chespin's seems the most intriguing of all seeing as I'm not entirely sure what is is. Fennekin is sure to please its fans. And I have high hopes for froakie as my future starter. Either way, I think they all have pretty solid designs as first evolution starters and I like em.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I'd love to join, if I could! ^-^
Name: waveguidebuizel
Starters: Squirtle and Turtwig
Why Join?: I'm a sucker for the starters! :P Their designs tend to appeal to me for some reason.

I love them! Especially Chespin! Such an excited little guy.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I suppose you all can say that I love Chespin now, eh? I want him to stay adorable. Very adorable. Sometimes you just can't beat cute when it comes to cute, and I'd like it to stay that way, though it's likely that it'll remain a pipe dream. Oh well, eh?

CourageHound

Years
@Waveguidebuizel Welcome to the club!

@Twiggy So what would happen if chespin became less adorable upon evolution, but more badass and cool?

For froakie i'd perfer if he became more cool and tuff looking after evolution. We all know fennekin's final evo is gunna be some sort of elegant.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
To answer the current topic, I find Froakie to be... Odd looking. Not that it's going to affect my choice, since I always pick the Grass-type starter. Speaking of Grass-type starters, I like the design of Chespin and if it's final evolution is part Dark-type, I'm going to flip. (In a good way.) Fennekin is, in my opinion, the cutest out of all three. I agree with CourageHound in how it's final evo is probably going to be elegant looking. All in all, I'm looking forward to the starters of Gen 6, and I hope they won't be as big a disappointment as Tepig's final evo was.

CourageHound

Years
All in all, I'm looking forward to the starters of Gen 6, and I hope they won't be as big a disappointment as Tepig's final evo was.

...But. I like Emboar. Shortly after he was revealed, Emboar went from kinda awkward to one of my faves. Tho i do admit they could done a number of things differently

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
...But. I like Emboar. Shortly after he was revealed, Emboar went from kinda awkward to one of my faves. Tho i do admit they could done a number of things differently

This is pretty much my thinking too, I absolutely love Emboar. The only thing that puts me off a little is the beard thing it's got going on, but once you get past that it's suuuch a cool Pokémon! It's a massive badass warrior of flame that could break you in one punch - how cool is that? XD

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
This is pretty much my thinking too, I absolutely love Emboar. The only thing that puts me off a little is the beard thing it's got going on, but once you get past that it's suuuch a cool Pokémon! It's a massive badass warrior of flame that could break you in one punch - how cool is that? XD

And yet, I like Emboar, but he's also a bit... um... a bit cute for some reason to me. Is this strange? Still, he's probably Mr. Cool there, anyway.

CourageHound

Years
And yet, I like Emboar, but he's also a bit... um... a bit cute for some reason to me. Is this strange? Still, he's probably Mr. Cool there, anyway.

Naw thats not strange ;)

Especially if ya loo at some chibi fanart of emboar(although everything looks cute in chibi art). Meh, Emboar is one of those pokes that looks awesome in every way once you get used to em, no joke.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Naw thats not strange ;)

Especially if ya loo at some chibi fanart of emboar(although everything looks cute in chibi art). Meh, Emboar is one of those pokes that looks awesome in every way once you get used to em, no joke.

I kinda want to cuddle one now.

What starter from the Generation VI trio (Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie) would you like to have swapped with something else?

lewieboy124

Hey everybody, after a busy year I'm back! :classic:
I would change Chesipin for some sort of grass type mouse, going back to the roots of Pokemon Yellow and Pikachu.

Nakala Pri

Pikachu, Bulbarsaur and Oshawott plus Mudkip and Tepig are too cute to boot! C'mon, they're totally gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back