White Hat

Age 20
Female
Miami, Florida
Seen August 5th, 2019
Posted August 5th, 2019
23 posts
1.4 Years
I need some help building the project, as the .sln doesn't load in Visual Studio and the start button appears as attach. Can I get a full tutorial on how to build the program?
It is a Windows-only program so you need to be on Windows Vista or higher. You also need the .NET 4.7.1 SDK installed to build it and an internet connection so some dependencies are installed from within Visual Studio. I use Visual Studio 2019 but it should still work in 2017 as far as I can tell, and that's all you need.

Road_to_Cerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover

Male
Route 1 (Kanto)
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
195 posts
3 Years
Hello everyone, I have released preview v0.2 on Github. https://github.com/Kermalis/VGMusicStudio/releases/tag/v0.2
You can read all the details on that page and the download link is also there.
So excited to watch this project make progress. I wanted to listen to 8-bit songs in HGSS but VGMTrans simply crashes when it attempts to play those.

You are challenged by Pokémon Trainers Red, Blue & Leaf!
Pokémon AgateRed and JadeGreen (Chapter 1 Finished, Chapter 2 In Progress)
My remixed music list: Here
My deviantART page: Here

Kermalis

White Hat

Age 20
Female
Miami, Florida
Seen August 5th, 2019
Posted August 5th, 2019
23 posts
1.4 Years
Does this tool support expanded roms? Like 32mb?
Yes, but nothing beyond that is supported because on GBA the only way to get more space is with a "bank switcher" chip which I do not wish to emulate or detect (not that any official cartridge with a bank switcher chip uses the engines I support anyway)

Kermalis

White Hat

Age 20
Female
Miami, Florida
Seen August 5th, 2019
Posted August 5th, 2019
23 posts
1.4 Years
I used your tool for a 32 mb rom but it ddn't work. Ik im being annoying but is it normal for the tool to not be able to locate certain files with an expanded rom?
Expanded rom means nothing to the tool at all, you are probably forgetting to edit the MP2K.yaml file to load the proper songtable address.
Advertiser Content