• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
AJHVk7s.png

If you are looking for the Android version of G3T, check this thread instead.

This is a project to make a collection of a few tools for Gen 3 Hackers.
So far, I made these tools:
  • Moves Editor
    Spoiler:
  • Anti-Exploud
    Spoiler:
  • Trainers Editor
    Spoiler:
  • Pokémon Editor
    Spoiler:
  • Items Editor
    Spoiler:

I've the intention to make all sort of possible tools, especially ones that were not made previously or that are already made but lack some additional features. But I can't do all that instantly, whenever I have the time and the mood to add more stuff I will.

Also, you're advised to make a backup before opening a rom. I am not responsible if my tool(s) corrupt your rom. (I added a backup option as of Version 2.0, it is enabled by default)

CREDITS
Spoiler:

I'm open to all suggestions.
Enjoy,

DOWNLOAD (G3T v2.9.1)

Attachments

• G3T 2.9.1.rar
    260.3 KB · Views: 30,126
Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
Are we allowed to suggest features?

If so, I have a few that I think would help a little.

• A tool to edit the text on that blue screen before you start a game/Oak's introduction. I know, I know, A-text. But, A-text can cause a lot of glitches.
  • Tool to edit the default names of the hero/rival.
  • A script shell maker. For example, you have a selection of commands you can just click and drag onto a list. This saves time from having to constantly look up the raws for applymovements, or the values for particular fanfares, etc.
  • A universal patcher. Works for both LIPS and APS formats.

I'll add more once I think of it.

Years
Yes, of course, you're allowed to.
A universal patcher sounds somewhat useless to me, not to mention that I don't know how patchers exaaaactly work.

Years
@Hacker Bisharp, normally, yes.
As long as the .ini file has the rom's type with the necessary correct offset. I used it on FR english, Emerald english and Ruby french.
The current .ini file supports English, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese roms. But I don't know if it would crash when trying to read moves' names or description in a Japanese version or any langage that has some particularly special characters...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I like the fact that the attack type drop-down menu's extended. As far as I know, only your move editor has this feature. It's kind of a hassle to edit my newly-inserted attacks' types to new ones like Fairy through a Hex Editor.

Anyway, what I don't like is that the Move Editor window isn't showing up on my taskbar, and I can't even Alt + Tab back to it. =/

Aw well~

Years
Why doesn't support Fire Red rom?
It does, did it give you the "Unsupported rom" message? If so, your rom is most likely corrupted. What version of FireRed are you trying to open, 1.0 or 1.1? And in what langage is it?

I like the fact that the attack type drop-down menu's extended. As far as I know, only your move editor has this feature. It's kind of a hassle to edit my newly-inserted attacks' types to new ones like Fairy through a Hex Editor.
That's one of the main reasons why I've made my own tool.

Anyway, what I don't like is that the Move Editor window isn't showing up on my taskbar, and I can't even Alt + Tab back to it. =/
You can re-click the Moves Editor button in the main window, it will bring it to the front! I think I'll make it appear in the taskbar.

Why do I keep getting this message?
Here's a screenshot (It's in da' spoilwa.):
Spoiler:

If it's not working then here's a link: http://imgur.com/D0OeDOT
For some odd reason, the spoiler doesn't show the hidden content...
Anyways, you get that error message if the program fails to read or find the Table.ini file, which should be in the ini folder.
I guess the archive program you're using doesn't temporarly extract files like Winrar does... Extracting the whole content of G3T.rar file somewhere (f.e. on your desktop) and open G3T.exe from there!

Years
@ConorBroekhart, you had repointed the moves tables, didn't you? You have to edit the ini file with the new offsets. Talking about the ini file...
@Gamer2020, Yeah... I have tons of ini files in my tools folder, yours was the best among them so I took it, I didn't meant to steal it or anything, I actually thought it was used by several tools that's why I didn't think about giving credits to anyone... Do you want me to stop using it? Or should I simply just give you credit?

As of the "developpement" of G3T, I've fixed a little "bug" in the Moves Editor (nothing to worry about at all!) and I added a customization feature that allows you to customize the content of the dropboxes (useful for people who have new moves, types, ...etc) I also added a 2nd tool, Anti-Exploud, it is meant to help hackers easily replace some pieces of text, mainly for decapitalisation, I had made this tool a long time ago to decapitalize some text in my own hack, I made it now a little faster and added it to G3T.

Stay tuned.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2017
After loading rom, every field in Moves Editor is blank.

Fire Red BPRE01

Image on: i.imgur.com/pB3oqUb.png (cannot post links)

Same here. And I haven't repoint the move tables, at least deliberately. A shame, that tool seems great.

Anti-Exploud, sounds cool. Have you already added it to the file in download link or you'll do it sometime later?

Years
@Gamer2020, thank you dude. :3
@BKaiser, well, your issue seems weird, I'll see if the next release will fix it. The anti-exploud is finished, but, for "technical" issues, I'll upload the new version of G3T when i finish working on the Trainers Editor 1st beta, that is, probably, in a couple of days.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Kurapika,
I didn't repointed anything. It's clean rom.

It doesn't work on Leaf Green either.
However:
When Launching Fire red, there is no any error. Just all lists are blank.
When Launching Leaf Green, there is an error: "Cannot convert from &H string to INTEGER" or something like that.

In both cases, there are clean roms and unchanged ini files.

Program works great on Emerald, so probably the problem is only on FR/LG.

Also, I have a question about this tool. Is it possible to change effect type (ex. from none to other, or from any to none/other) with it? Or is it read only?

Last edited:
Years
All of your problems guys come from the roms.ini that contains changed offsets for FireRed.
Anyway, the new version fixes all of that.

I finally uploaded the new version (G3T 2.0)
2 new tools have been added: Anti-Exploud and Trainers Editor
A lot of additional features as well such as backup, user settings, ...

Read Me (v2.0)

Enjoy,

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I...discovered a bug.
Not sure about your new additions, but I've only been using your Moves Editor (both the old and recent ones) and discovered this bug.
Apparently, the Moves Editor is adding '00' bytes at the end of my ROM. The number of '00' bytes being added depends on how much you edit the moves though.

Here's an example, if I only change one move's type, one '00' byte will be added.
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if it causes other problems, but so far, I can simply delete those extra '00' bytes being added and my ROM is playable just fine.

Years
Oh! I had noticed that minor bug before but totally forgot about it.
The function responsible of overwriting the ROM miscalculates its size, hence why it always add an empty byte at the end of the rom whenever the function is called.
Ok, fixed it! I'll upload G3T 2.1 later.

Back