The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Research & Development
Development Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!

Old July 2nd, 2015 (7:38 AM).
Pokemon: Aqua Blue

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pokelover1991 View Post
    u want mega sprites i have them ready to use just tell i will post i have bunch of then i also hav their icons.i had put some on my thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=496451
    Hey there, I really appreciate it, but I'm going to wait for MrDollSteak's sprite release!
    Old July 2nd, 2015 (7:42 AM).
    champion

i had a question the tool u gave above is sufficient for adding megas or first i hav to apply touched made hack then use ur tool
      Old July 2nd, 2015 (8:26 AM).

Quote:
        i had a question the tool u gave above is sufficient for adding megas or first i hav to apply touched made hack then use ur tool
        You have to use touched's hack to make the game be able to mega evolve pokemon. Then you follow my guide so you can put the mega pokemon in the game. I'm just further explaining how to use programs already made to make Touched's hack easier to edit.
        Old July 2nd, 2015 (8:30 AM).
        Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Criminon View Post
          Another minor thing noticed:
          When swapping to your party immediately after entering a battle, the mega evolution thing will appear. (I assume only on a pokemon able to mega evolve) You see it for a split second.

1. Entering a battle, going into attack, pressing start, then going into your pokemon party, selecting a different pokemon, then attacking causes the game to crash. I assume the trigger just needs to be dropped when exiting the menu. (the same thing allows you to click the mega evolve, pull it out, and send out another pokemon capable of mega evolving and evolving that one without pressing the button; will crash if the held item isn't on that pokemon)

2. Mega evolving one pokemon and then going to another one that can mega evolve does grey out the icon (that's great) but the pc audio still plays when you hit enter / start.
          Would you mind posting these as separate issues on the GitHub page so I can track them? Otherwise I might miss things when I actually get round to bug fixing.

Also, the main problem with items is not the number of item slots, but rather the amount of available bag space. There really isn't enough for the 40 or so possible Mega Pokemon. I think this is the main issue with Megas. If I can think of an ASM hack that will fix this issue, I might add it onto this as a supporting hack...

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
          Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
          Old July 2nd, 2015 (8:38 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Touched View Post
            Would you mind posting these as separate issues on the GitHub page so I can track them? Otherwise I might miss things when I actually get round to bug fixing.

Also, the main problem with items is not the number of item slots, but rather the amount of available bag space. There really isn't enough for the 40 or so possible Mega Pokemon. I think this is the main issue with Megas. If I can think of an ASM hack that will fix this issue, I might add it onto this as a supporting hack...
            I've been wanting this exact same thing for my current hack, so I would love you to death.
            Old July 2nd, 2015 (9:05 AM).
            champion

if i get the thing working i will post the patch so others dont have that problem as it is really hard to get it working i will try my best and for bag problem i got an idea u guys know about pouches or tm cases like that we create an bracelet that holds all mega stones which the bag can hold so it will be exactly like a 6 generation hack
              Old July 2nd, 2015 (9:21 AM).

Quote:
                if i get the thing working i will post the patch so others dont have that problem as it is really hard to get it working i will try my best and for bag problem i got an idea u guys know about pouches or tm cases like that we create an bracelet that holds all mega stones which the bag can hold so it will be exactly like a 6 generation hack
                My guess is that they don't want patches. These types of things are meant to be a learning experience and the general consensus is that unless its entire games or rom bases, it shouldn't use a patch. I would definitely ask Touched before you do that one. I'm sure if this is possible to be patched, he could have easily made one himself if he wanted that.

If you follow the guide found on the main page, it should be as easy as looking at the images. I had no problems once that guide was posted.
                Old July 2nd, 2015 (9:35 AM).
                champion

Quote:
                  My guess is that they don't want patches. These types of things are meant to be a learning experience and the general consensus is that unless its entire games or rom bases, it shouldn't use a patch. I would definitely ask Touched before you do that one. I'm sure if this is possible to be patched, he could have easily made one himself if he wanted that.

If you follow the guide found on the main page, it should be as easy as looking at the images. I had no problems once that guide was posted.
                  i got it bro i found my mistake i used python 3.0.0 and i had to use 3.4.3 so i m downloading that and will try again and a request touched just mention the exact version of tools that are required.
                  Old July 2nd, 2015 (9:40 AM).
                  Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
                    i got it bro i found my mistake i used python 3.0.0 and i had to use 3.4.3 so i m downloading that and will try again and a request touched just mention the exact version of tools that are required.
                    Latest version of insert.py complains if you try use Python < 3.4. The tutorial already points you to use Python 3.4.

Old July 2nd, 2015 (7:52 PM). Edited July 2nd, 2015 by Exodrake.
                    The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied

Nature: Quirky
                      Question! is there a hack which could immediately refresh enemy pokes' gender symbol if the gender changes upon Mega Evolving?

This works just fine if it's mine:

As you can see the gender poofed on its own just fine when i initiate the mega evolution. But if the AI mega evolves the same thing, the gender symbol sticks unless i refresh the battle screen by opening a menu. I know this was designed with gender-consistent megas in mind, but if it's possible to fix that minor cosmetic nuance it would be awesome.

Also there is a minor graphical error, where pixels in the player poke's health box can sometimes disappear.

One more thing: it seems the Eviolite in MrDollSteak's rombase works with the mega evolution type, even the return evolution, which means wish Megas can use the Eviolite. Very broken. The Eviolite code needs to be modified to exempt evolution type FE. This is more an issue with that item's code than this patch but this should be taken care of.

I'M A WITCH THAT'S HOW
                      Old July 2nd, 2015 (9:30 PM).
                      Professional Lurker

Nature: Sassy
                        I'm familiar with stones and orbs, but what is 'wish-based' mega evolution? Is it like Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent?
                        Old July 2nd, 2015 (9:34 PM).
                        champion

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Rycanthropy View Post
                          I'm familiar with stones and orbs, but what is 'wish-based' mega evolution? Is it like Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent?
                          yes u are right wish is exactly like rayquaza with dragon decent.
                          Old July 3rd, 2015 (4:10 AM).
                          Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Hey Touched, great work here but I have an unrelated issue. There is 47 mega Orbs, and the bag only supports 42 items currently. I previously hacked the ball slot with no problem but for some reason I can only get slots to go up to 42... Any thoughts on this?
                            Old July 3rd, 2015 (7:16 AM).
                            Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Exodrake View Post
                              Question! is there a hack which could immediately refresh enemy pokes' gender symbol if the gender changes upon Mega Evolving?

This works just fine if it's mine:

As you can see the gender poofed on its own just fine when i initiate the mega evolution. But if the AI mega evolves the same thing, the gender symbol sticks unless i refresh the battle screen by opening a menu. I know this was designed with gender-consistent megas in mind, but if it's possible to fix that minor cosmetic nuance it would be awesome.

Also there is a minor graphical error, where pixels in the player poke's health box can sometimes disappear.

One more thing: it seems the Eviolite in MrDollSteak's rombase works with the mega evolution type, even the return evolution, which means wish Megas can use the Eviolite. Very broken. The Eviolite code needs to be modified to exempt evolution type FE. This is more an issue with that item's code than this patch but this should be taken care of.
                              Thanks for reporting those. Would you mind opening up issues on GitHub for both? You can mark the former as an enhancement which will enable me to track them better. I might lose them in this thread otherwise.

As for Eviolite, I didn't anticipate that as a problem when I decided to use the evolution table for config. Maybe I should switch to a separate table instead? Or this way better for everyone?

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                              Hey Touched, great work here but I have an unrelated issue. There is 47 mega Orbs, and the bag only supports 42 items currently. I previously hacked the ball slot with no problem but for some reason I can only get slots to go up to 42... Any thoughts on this?
                              I might be able to create a second bag (like a Mega Stone case - similar to the TM case) for this if I can find enough free space in the save block. Either that or remove the item PC and merge that space with the bag. No promises though.

Old July 3rd, 2015 (8:49 AM). Edited July 3rd, 2015 by Xencleamas.
                              Suddenly lurking in the shadows...

Nature: Adamant
                                I can't believe this! This development really goes so fast. I wonder what's now the current progress should be done? Hope that you'll be able to implement in Emerald as well. I'm always waiting. Since this is going along, I would make Mega sprites soon.

Hmm... I'm confused with Mega Accessory (e.g . Mega Bracelet) and Mega Stone (e.g. Salamencite) (sorry that I've never played any Gen VI game). On the config instructions, is it correct that I should set the accessory's index number there? Then should I set the variables into the index number of the accessory "setvar 0x4060 0x161 *player var*" (in script when the player is about to obtain the key item)? If I set those variables, is it safe to leave it alone (and it will act as a check if it is enabled to Mega Evolve)? Then set evolution method and certain stones. See if I'm doing it correctly. I'm also a kind of guy who gets lost. My idea of the stone is one universal stone rather than specific stones for specific Pokemon. :P

Anyway! Very excellent Touched. And again, waiting for Emerald.

Xencleamas Untitled Pokémon Fan Game (Coming Soon!) Untitled Region (Coming Soon!)
                                Old July 3rd, 2015 (12:57 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Touched View Post
                                  As for Eviolite, I didn't anticipate that as a problem when I decided to use the evolution table for config. Maybe I should switch to a separate table instead? Or this way better for everyone?
                                  I honestly really like this method a lot. Being able to use current editors to do this makes it so much faster. I also don't quite see the problem. Maybe I misunderstood. Having eviolite on a pokemon makes it unable to mega evolve? Shouldn't it need its mega stone on?
                                  Old July 3rd, 2015 (1:06 PM).
                                  champion

i guys i got the offsets list in comand promt but when i opened criminons editor i selected charmender megaevolve both byte 0 no item it was at zero press edit repointed then went with charizard and mega evolved it to charmender same way both bytes 0 and item required 0 but when i try it charmender and charizard appears alternately and it does not show in game evolution.
                                    Old July 3rd, 2015 (1:18 PM).

Nature: Serious
                                    Quote:
                                    I honestly really like this method a lot. Being able to use current editors to do this makes it so much faster. I also don't quite see the problem. Maybe I misunderstood. Having eviolite on a pokemon makes it unable to mega evolve? Shouldn't it need its mega stone on?
                                    If you have a Pokémon mega evolve by having a move instead of an item, and holding Eviolite, it'll get its defences boosted by 1.5x because it has an "evolution", though that's actually used to make the Pokémon revert back to the original after the battle.

Also, final forms of Pokémon that have mega evolutions will also have their defences boosted if they're holding Eviolite because they'd have an evolution, the mega one. Because of this I think it'd be simpler to just change the Eviolite item rather than the mega evolutions.

Old July 3rd, 2015 (7:14 PM).
                                    Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Christos View Post
                                      If you have a Pokémon mega evolve by having a move instead of an item, and holding Eviolite, it'll get its defences boosted by 1.5x because it has an "evolution", though that's actually used to make the Pokémon revert back to the original after the battle.

Also, final forms of Pokémon that have mega evolutions will also have their defences boosted if they're holding Eviolite because they'd have an evolution, the mega one. Because of this I think it'd be simpler to just change the Eviolite item rather than the mega evolutions.
                                      Well I actually made the Eviolite code, so I can definitely fix it to make it work, as Christos said.

From what I understand your evolutions are entry 0xFE or 0xFF, and I can make those exceptions.
                                      Old July 3rd, 2015 (9:02 PM).
                                      Hacking newbie

Just waiting for emerald release :)
                                        Old July 4th, 2015 (3:26 AM).
                                        Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
                                          I can't believe this! This development really goes so fast. I wonder what's now the current progress should be done? Hope that you'll be able to implement in Emerald as well. I'm always waiting. Since this is going along, I would make Mega sprites soon.

Hmm... I'm confused with Mega Accessory (e.g . Mega Bracelet) and Mega Stone (e.g. Salamencite) (sorry that I've never played any Gen VI game). On the config instructions, is it correct that I should set the accessory's index number there? Then should I set the variables into the index number of the accessory "setvar 0x4060 0x161 *player var*" (in script when the player is about to obtain the key item)? If I set those variables, is it safe to leave it alone (and it will act as a check if it is enabled to Mega Evolve)? Then set evolution method and certain stones. See if I'm doing it correctly. I'm also a kind of guy who gets lost. My idea of the stone is one universal stone rather than specific stones for specific Pokemon. :P

Anyway! Very excellent Touched. And again, waiting for Emerald.
                                          Yeah, just use setvar YOUR_VAR_NUMBER ITEM_INDEX to control the item that is checked. If it is 0, it's disabled. I might add an override flag (to force Mega Evo to skip item check if it's set) for story purposes if people want me to. Whatever is in this variable is the index that is checked. I made it this way for people wanting to switch characters or "upgrade" their keystone or something.

The one for the opponent is the item seen in the message. Just leave this at 0 if you want to use the default item that is specified. Otherwise set it to the item index you want to use before a trainer battle. For example, Steven uses a "Mega Stickpin" in ORAS. So before his battle you'd set that var to the item index for that item. Then afterwards, you set it back to zero so it reverts to the default.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
                                          Well I actually made the Eviolite code, so I can definitely fix it to make it work, as Christos said.

From what I understand your evolutions are entry 0xFE or 0xFF, and I can make those exceptions.
                                          I'm only using 0xFE. The other variants of Mega Evolution use the unknown hword. What you might be able to do is check the limiter in the evolution types jumptable and disable eviolite if it the index is outside that. That way if people need to change the number or use the evolution table for something else, it won't break eviolite again.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by thiaguinhohp View Post
                                          Just waiting for emerald release :)
                                          Testing for most bugs is happening on FR, while I research Emerald battle mechanics. You could speed this along by helping test for any glitches and submitting what you find (it it hasn't been already) on GitHub.

Old July 4th, 2015 (5:23 AM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
                                            I'm not sure create a new item bag is necessary since you can only evolve one pokemon/fight anyway. We can simply use the PC as for the other items
                                            Old July 4th, 2015 (6:48 AM).
                                            Suddenly lurking in the shadows...

I don't know if any of you guys occurred this very little minor error (or anyone already posted this problem):
                                              It doesn't destroy much and anything at all but when I fight any rival battle and including the Champion battle (which I presented in the screenshot), the name of the enemy shows the enemy Trainer's name from its data instead of the "nicknamed" name. I nicknamed to my rival "Kent" but it shows up "Terry" instead of Kent. Screenshot below:

Xencleamas Untitled Pokémon Fan Game (Coming Soon!) Untitled Region (Coming Soon!)
                                              Old July 4th, 2015 (9:25 AM).
                                              Resident ASMAGICIAN

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
                                                I don't know if any of you guys occurred this very little minor error (or anyone already posted this problem):
                                                It doesn't destroy much and anything at all but when I fight any rival battle and including the Champion battle (which I presented in the screenshot), the name of the enemy shows the enemy Trainer's name from its data instead of the "nicknamed" name. I nicknamed to my rival "Kent" but it shows up "Terry" instead of Kent. Screenshot below:

Haha. I assume that replacement with the rival name is controlled by the trainer class? Anyway, thanks for the report. Can you please create an issue on GitHub so I don't lose this?

Old July 4th, 2015 (9:46 AM).
                                                pokelover1991 pokelover1991 is offline
                                                champion

hi guys i got the offsets list in comand promt but when i opened criminons editor i selected charmender megaevolve both byte 0 no item it was at zero press edit repointed then went with charizard and mega evolved it to charmender same way both bytes 0 and item required 0 but when i try it charmender and charizard appears alternately and it does not show in game evolution. sry to repost but nobody reply to the earlier one

Quick Reply