• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Thanks guys! I added a mild percussion/drum beat to it and harmonies + basslines etc so now it sounds twice as good too ^^

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
An Idea? May I see some screen shots or maybe this shouldn't be an idea and go for it,
That's the plan, kaedearagaki. We are in the process of finding tiles to use, implementing new movesets, creating new sprites, and (my part) writing out more of each location and storyline. Screenshots are on their way, but it all takes time..sadly. =/ Hopefully it'll be changed to a working project!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Time eh? That's good. Gives us more time to make even better themes. I'm also really surprised that you guys like that theme of mine - it's not that complicated and it's pretty simple and straightforward compared to SOME pokemon themes. The entire thing will be done tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Anyway, it's done! I posted it onto Youtube under a more general name though x3 I also advertised Pokemon Ambient down there xD

SereneAmbience

Years
Does anyone have any ideas for the title screen?? I mean, of course, Fire Flyy's logo will be there, but what should the background be that boosts the idea of Ambient. The Ambient-specific event Pokémon are Kingdra, Arcanine, and Tropius. So I was considering using one them in the foreground, but I am unsure as of yet. Let me know what everyone thinks!

Here is an example:
splashgl.png

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The logo looks nice, but I doubt it'd look good if you scaled down the game to the GBA's resolution.

Maybe we can have three versions, each with one of the special Pokemon. Every time you start up the game one of the three will be displayed at random.

SereneAmbience

Years
The logo looks nice, but I doubt it'd look good if you scaled down the game to the GBA's resolution.
UHHHH.... Arma, This is the original (already scaled down) size of the title screen. I had it bigger, but RPG Maker XP wanted a specific size so I had to re-adjust it to this small. No GBA involved. xD

Maybe we can have three versions, each with one of the special Pokemon. Every time you start up the game one of the three will be displayed at random.
This is a great idea! I will be constructing more titles with those events as I go! Spiritomb also will have a big event in Ambient during the Candlewick Tower saga.

EDIT: Here is a link image to the recolored Trainer Classes that I have created (no customs as of yet):

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Meaning to post here for a while.

The Tricott theme is amazing and sounds great for a first town. It reminded me of D/P for an unknown reason.

I'm going to start working on some alternate-coloured Pokémon sprites from the anime. Like the Red Snorlax and the Orange Island Pokemon, I'll work on them when I have the time.

SereneAmbience

Years
Hey everyone!

I have worked to hire more members (mostly artists), but with little success. However, I have created some great promotional ideas.

Click THIS LINK to see our new Ambient DeviantArt Group! I plan to upload all our important artwork and trailers up on this site. This community is great to find artists that could better distribute to Ambient.
http://pokemon-ambient.deviantart.com/

Also click THIS LINK to see our new Facebook page that will support Ambient with fans! Which I am hoping is another way of great communication, because again this still seems to be an issue. This page will contain updates on everything I change and I will post other major accomplishments toward our project!
https://www.facebook.com/PokemonAmbient

SereneAmbience

Years
I like the idea of traveling to other regions!
Thank you mateidobrescu! It's an idea that almost every game should have, but since we are focusing more so on the custom / unique Serene region, we will delay production of earlier regions until Serene deems shined to perfection.

Here is a good look at a Serene-adapted Tirtouga! Tirtouga's "not-so-new" coloration matches that of the beta concept, but includes hints of warmer tropic waters. It also has the new ability, Prehistoric Memory, and comes along with a few new moves: Archaic Water, Flipper Hit, and Relic. Tirtouga is going to stay a Water/Rock-type Pokémon.

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
Here are some Pokemon based off of the anime errors. Hope you enjoy! =D

EDIT: I would also like to introduce LugiaDialga of YouTube to our team! She is going to be assisting us with composing music! Let's all give her our admiration and support as we go along our journey to Serene!

Last edited:

TheLegendary35

Legendary and Purple
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 20, 2022
I'm quite impressed by your work here! Three personal friends of mine are part of your music team, as it turns out. If you ever need a hand in something, from music to random humorous moments to character development, feel free to hit me up! My Skype is the same username as here; that'll be by far my easiest contact.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Tirtouga, Pidgey and Weedle look great. The new moves also sound good.

If you need any more moves, I have lots of them from other forums, and I'll get them if you want me to. Some of them will come with stats and descriptions, and I'll make up some as I go along.

darkrown

Mind Traveller
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Hi, i joined yesterday and i just wanna salute everyone. I´ll be helping with the sprites (specially Overworlds) and Badges. Also i got a list of pokemon moves that i´ll put later to see if any of those are fine.

You can see the badges i start to make in my album.

And that´s all, thanks for your time :)

SereneAmbience

Years
I had a lot to look over. I had lots of emails, messages, and etc.

Welcome our two new spriters from DeviantArt OmegaDrapion and darkrown! Welcome TheLegendary35 to our group of YouTube composers! yay!

Order of agenda. I responded to (I believe) all of those who sent me that mass pile of messages! If I forgot, I apologize and please send me another..... (oh dear Arceus save me)
I updated the first post with the new members and of course some NEWNEWNEWNEW songs that lala19357 and AlmightyArceus have created! So give those a listen and comment and let me know what you all think!

My next project: .....sprites, tiles, mapping, writing, inputting, concepts, locations, and deciding.
SereneFeraligatr.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back