• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Colosseum 2: Extra Darkness

FrankieBloodshed

Pokemon Edge Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Hey guys, I'm brand new to this community and also to ROM Hacking. For awhile I've had a dream of making what the original/unused storyline for Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness (Pokemon Colosseum sequel). I have absolutely no clue what to do and how to use the tools necessary for this project I have in mind. But I know what I want it to be will be amazing and probably difficult but still amazing nonetheless. I started writing the plot for this a few days ago and I really like what I've done so far. If you have played Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness on the Nintendo GameCube and know all the mechanics and whatnot of those games and can bring those into GBA Pokemon games then you are the person I need to help me with this. The GameCube Pokemon games are my absolute favorite, I remember playing them with my older brother all the time and this is gonna be very nostalgic for me. If you know what I need and can help me do this right then please by all means let me know. If you need to contact me you can find me on Discord @FrankieBloodshed #9936 on Twitter @FxBloodshed99 I also have a YouTube Account and Twitch Account FrankieBloodshed. Please and thank you for taking the time to read this. Let's make my dream come true!

Last edited:

Narwhal

Meme Lord
Years
You seem to have no idea how to do it but the idea is kinda interesting. I can show you all of the programs I recommend using and a basic tutorial how to use them accordingly. Hit me up on discord (it's in my signature)

Mega Swadloon

Swadloon Trainer
Years
Ok I'll start with "criticism" and then I'll leave off with what I think is good about this.

If you have no idea what to do, this will not work. I highly recommend you do some research. There's a lot of threads here on this forum with tutorials, and even on YouTube you can find tutorials. But the reason this will be hard to pull off for a beginner (in my opinion) is that the Orre region is sooo different from the GBA regions. For example, if I use the default tiles from Ruby version (meaning I don't change any of the map graphics) I could still manage to make a decent looking version of say celadon city. But try making The Under from the Orre region with the default tiles, and you're going to run into some problems. The good news is replacing tilesets is pretty easy to learn.

But then you have the issue that the mechanics of Orre are different as well. Instead of encountering wild Pokémon, for the most part, you snag them. And then there's shadow Pokémon. How will that work on the Gba? Not to mention, from town to town, there are no Routes in Orre. You just select a city and you're there for the most part. How will that translate over in Gba? As much as I would love to see this happen, I have never seen it done before. You would need someone dedicated and someone who knows how to pull it off.

Now all that's not to say it's impossible, it just hasn't been done yet, and if you are serious about getting this done, I'd be more than happy to help. But you need to get the basics down to a tee. I'd suggest starting with Advance map. It's easy to use, and you can do a lot with it. After that, I'd reccomend pksv for scripting. It's not as strong as xse in my opinion, but it's easier. If you can figure all that out and get the basics down, I'd be willing to help. I'm currently working on Rom hacks that will include travel to Orre, and perhaps I can let you use the tilesets when I assemble them.

I think this is a great idea and that if you pull it off, it would be a very unique addition to the Rom Hack community. And I really mean that. If you have the dedication, you can do this, and people will be willing to help.

Last edited:

FrankieBloodshed

Pokemon Edge Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I've just started writing the storyline out, If anyone is interested on staying up to date on it then pm me on Discord, info is in my original post on this thread

Back