• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
Fair enough. I was just way too zoomed out. I could say something about sci-fi writers having no sense of scale, but I'm not sure how many people would get it.

Seems a bit of a waste to have over half your map filled with sea, though (particularly sea you can't go on). Is it supposed to be a small region?
I GET IT! TVTropes, right?

Referring to the map, I'm no good with places. But basing it on a real place is great - after all, that's how the regions in the game are made, though they don't follow so closely. Are you gonna base towns and routes on real areas as well? Obviously it will be harder since towns and routes in Pokemon are tiny. Do you need maps? I'm not sure if I could actually make them for you since I don't have the right program, but I have some sketches I drew. I could draw more for your game. I really like it.:)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2014
Seeing as my names are still being used I thaught I'd see if I can give you another name, I thaught of the following:

Littlebeech
Littlebeach
Sandpalm
Cocopalm
Cocobeach
Cocobay
Palmbay
Palm Bay
Sandbay
Sand Bay
Sandybay

Add town/city or whatever you want to add to it if you wish to use them

Yuzuki

C++ Programmer
Years
Man you mapping fantastic your chipsets are very good they look wounderfull and with the weather effects combined.
I can say Wow very good work.
Keep it up.

regards
-Yuzuki-

Iyo

Είμαι μια ζωντανή παραδοξία
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 21, 2010
you've all got a fan outta me. Keep up the good work... Whoever it is that comes up with storylines, give me a PM or VM as i got a few ideas you might be interested in... But yeah... Looking forward to a beta when you launch it. keep going!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The one thing I dislike about that map is that it's very linear. The whole thing unfolds to pretty much a straight path between the small northwestern town and the town immediately southeast of it. There are only two diversions from the route, and absolutely no loops whatsoever; each of the official maps has at least two loops (for example, Kanto has a few, including these Pallet -> Viridian -> Cerulean -> Saffron -> Celadon -> Fuchsia -> Cinnabar -> Pallet, and Cerulean -> Saffron -> Lavender -> Cerulean). These provide opportunities for shortcuts if you make them HM/item dependent (Pewter -> Vermillion once you get Cut), make the region more interesting to explore (several routes in Hoenn, like Route 123, were completely optional), and make it less boring to backtrack (which I can see there being a lot of in your region).

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Uh, what what what? I don't get it. That map is of the starting town and it leads up north to Larcoon. It's probably gonna be possible to come back using Surf; there'll probably be some legendary quest islands or something.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Uh, what what what? I don't get it. That map is of the starting town and it leads up north to Larcoon. It's probably gonna be possible to come back using Surf; there'll probably be some legendary quest islands or something.

he ment the world map, I think... But he has a point

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
that is really good...no it's perfect
but i have one question
which programms have you used by this projekt???

Paddy

Ps: Sorry, when my english is not so good xDD I'm german.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
that is really good...no it's perfect
but i have one question
which programms have you used by this projekt???

Paddy

Ps: Sorry, when my english is not so good xDD I'm german.

RPG Maker XP. Most games here are made with it.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update:
Three new screens!
Marketoutside.png

The new south east of the yet to be named home town. Wandering Pokémon will be a big feature in XENOTIME, but you won't be able to battle them. The tents (credit to Death Strike) are a market where you'll be able to buy lots of Pokémon products not available in the normal marts.

Marketinside.png

And here's the inside of one of the two market tents. This is still being worked on. Credit to Alucus for the tiles. The person won't normally say that, it's just for a joke xD. What do you think of the tiles and their placement?

Professors.png

A little story sequence. The Oak sprite is a place holder and should be replaced by Professor Larcoon's soon, if I get a spriter. Credit to Alucus again.

Update on demo:
The demo is really coming along very fast now, I've got the whole first town mapped finished. Over all about 60% of the way there now. The demo will include the first four towns if you didn't know.

And now to the endless replies...

@Shun: Thanks. If the trees were less clumped together then you would be able to walk through them, which obviously wouldn't be ideal.

@Amore: Piazza is quite good, but sounds too much like pizza. The rest don't fit. Keep the suggestions coming in.

@Alliehj: That's just to make the southern house not look out of place. I've improved that part a lot now as you see in the update above. Thanks and great.

@Manio: Thank you. The more supporters the better.

@thelaytonmobile: I don't get it...
Thanks, I actually did it that way because I'm not good at the randomness of making maps. Some routes will be based on actuall areas, you'll see in a future update. If you mean region maps, then we don't actually need more. If you mean area ones, then we do. VM me if so.

@shadowtogepi: It's ok, but they're palms, not bushes!

@Fierce Deity H: Sand Palm sounds especially good, the best idea yet. I'll think about it.

@Yuzuki: I've tried really hard to get all of the maps great, thanks. We will!

@KingCharizard: I'll be changing that soon, I just can't find a good/any water auto tile/s.

@Iyo: Thanks. It's pikarich who mainly does the story, I'll get him to VM you. Not long now!

@Wichu: I know what you mean about the lack of diversions. Just north of the home town in real life there's actually a very interesting location, that'll be included. I'll update with info on it some time between now and the demos release. There are also a lot of other small things I want to add all over the map.

@Paddy-Pictures: Thanks, we try ;) Route's answered your question. No problem, it's better than most English people on here xD.

@KingCharizard: Strange coincidence.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Love the update, very good tiles, alucus is a really awesome artist... Nice update cant wait for the next one keep up the good work...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Update:
Three new screens!
Marketoutside.png

The new south east of the yet to be named home town. Wandering Pokémon will be a big feature in XENOTIME, but you won't be able to battle them. The tents (credit to Death Strike) are a market where you'll be able to buy lots of Pokémon products not available in the normal marts.

I may have mentioned it earlier in this thread (I can't really remember), but I think you really need to reduce the opacity of the clouds. The effect is totally awesome, but in that screenshot the cloud is way too dark :3

And with Wichu's comment, I think what he meant was that the map is too singular and linear, in the sense that you've got no routes connecting multiple towns. In its present form, you can almost instantly tell which town you start and end at. If you look, at say, the map of Kanto...

Kanto_HGSS_style_by_Pokemon_Diamond.png

... you can see that its much more realistic, in the sense that almost every town is connected somehow.

But anyway, these are all minor complaints; I really love it so far ^^,

Other than that, looks pretty awesome ^^,

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I know they are palm trees, but, oh well.
I just want to have a new idea of mine used in someone elses game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back