• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Skoúro Anámnisi

Bay

Years
Avery opened the door and rubbed his eyes some more. ?I got to go get some berries out in the forest to cure Rhodes? drunkenness. I should be back at around midnight.?
Midnight? It was just becoming dark out, doesn?t that mean you?ll be out for hours?

Kerah ran forward to Avery. ?Wait, let me come with you!?

This part I feel you can do a bit more with Kerah's reaction, like her blinking or some other facial expression/body language.

Concerning Avery and Rhodes? backstory, I do admit the way the parents handled Rhodes was very poor and it's better that they left them. Rhodes should learn to keep his jealously in check too, though.

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
The sun had fell below the surface. The hidden grove was being illuminated by a few carefully placed candles and several light-emitting bugs. Kerah and Avery were walking through a market at this time, with several pokemon selling various items. ?Ooh, everything looks so interesting.?

?Do you want anything they?re selling?? Avery asked, chewing on a passho berry as he was walking.

Well? how about?
A stall selling satchels caught her eye. ?Oh! How about those?? She said, walking up to the stall for a closer look.

?Do you have any money??

The realization hit her hard. She didn?t have any pokecoins on her. ?No?? Kerah?s excitement started dwindling as she lowered her head.

Avery reached into the fur on his back and pulled out a coin case, inspecting it. ?Don?t worry. I can buy it for you.?

?Really?? Kerah looked up at Avery, her eyes sparkling.

Avery chuckled slightly before saying: ?Anything for a lady. Now, which one do you want??

?Mmm? that one.? she pointed to a pinkish-brown bag marked with a few flowers on it.

Avery nodded, and lowered himself a little bit so the chatot at the counter could see him. ?Hello sir, I would like to buy that bag for my friend here.?

?Why of course!? the bird said with glee, presumably because someone was -finally- buying something from him. ?It will only cost two-hundred pokecoins.?

He handed the payment over, and then gave the new bag he received to Kerah. ?Here you go. Don?t lose it.?

?Thanks!? Kerah put the satchel on, and then took out the strange letter from the sneasel and stuffed it in her bag. ?Alright, let?s go.?

?You?re welcome. Now, it?s this way.? He led Kerah through a thin line of trees out of the grove, and back into the forest. Again, he yawned. ?So? how was Rhodes when he was with you??

?He was a pretty nice guy, actually.?

Avery started scratching his chin. ?Oh really?? The two ended up at the shoreline of the island. ?I guess he must like being outside of the forest. Did he lead you and Mischief here??

?Yeah.? Kerah started thinking about Rhodes? behavior compared to Avery?s story. He can?t be distrustful. He enjoys being with us, right? And then, he doesn?t like the forest, but led us back there anyway? Her thoughts were interrupted when a nincada fluttered in front of Avery.
?Sir!? He sounded like a child, despite the first word he said. ?More of those dark pokemon entered the forest! What should we do??

Avery looked a little annoyed, but then shot a nervous glance at Kerah before responding to the nincada with: ?Go home, Rick. I?ll take care of it.?

?Can I come with you?? he asked.

?No.? Avery said with some frustration. ?I don?t need another rant from your parents if you get into an accident or come home late.?

?Who are you??

?Rick? hopped over to a rock near Kerah. ?Glad you asked! I am Rick, the sidekick of the mighty Avery!?
?He?s not my sidekick.?

The bravado of the nincada told Kerah that they shouldn?t bring him along. ?Umm? Rick? I think you -should- go home.?

?Whaaat? But how will I become a ninja?!?

Avery stepped forward and scooped Rick up in his hand. ?Thank you for the information, but this is dangerous business. Please go home.?

Rick opened his mouth to argue, then then just flew off with his tiny wings.

?...what was that about??

?Just some kid who wants to be something special. Come on.? he continued his walk through the shoreline. ?We can?t spend all night just talking.?

Kerah quickly followed him, after making sure she was still carrying her satchel. ?What makes -you- special, then??

Avery made a modest wave of his hand while walking. ?I?m not special. I just do plenty of favors for the town.?

?Like fending off shadowy pokemon??

?Yes.? he sighed in slight frustration. ?They?ve recently been plaguing our town because they want something from us. But we can?t give them something we don?t have. Or don?t know about.?
Kerah pondered the possibilities of what these strangers wanted, but couldn?t come up with a sensible conclusion. Her thoughts were interrupted when Avery led her through a few trees, back into the forest. ?Well, here it is. The berry orchard.?

It smells nice here.
There were several berry bushes of various shapes and colors all around the clearing, Kerah would?ve liked to recklessly eat them all, but she managed to contain herself. ?Woah??

Avery walked up to a bush and picked some persim berries from it. ?This should be good enough, let?s go.? He put them in a pouch that looked very similar to his wallet and strung it up on his waist.

?That?s it? What do you need persim berries for?? Persim berries cured confusion. How are they supposed to help Rhodes?

?They?ll cure his stupor. He drank an unknown substance and now he?s drunk.? Avery started walking back the way he came, with Kerah following. They didn?t have anything to say for a minute until Avery suddenly stopped and started sniffing the air and becoming agitated. ?Something's a little off??

Kerah stepped forward cautiously, staying behind Avery. ?What is it??
Could it be those shadowy strangers?

However, instead of getting a first strike in, the lycanroc just straightened himself and looked at some trees in front of him. ?I know you?re there. Come out now.?

A figure came out from behind the trees and revealed themselves. ?How?d you know?? it was a sneasel wearing a postman?s hat.

?You! You gave me that letter!? Kerah said, immediately recognizing her.

?That?s right.? she said with a smug tone.

?Who are you and what do you want?? Avery demanded.

?Hmph.? Sneasel crossed her arms. ?I don?t have time for this. Where?s Mischief??

What do you want with him?
Instead of answering her or asking the question she just thought of, Kerah asked: ?What was the letter for??

Sneasel rolled her eyes, growing a little more impatient. ?I don?t know. Boss just told me to do it; he likes letters. Now answer the question!?

?No!? Kerah growled.

Avery also readied himself to attack. ?I suggest you turn around and leave. Now.? he warned, his sleepy tone soon replaced with a serious one.

Sneasel scoffed, and put her hands down. ?I?m not above using force. This?ll take a bit longer, but i?m sure nobody?s gonna mind.? she whistled, and within seconds some backup came to her aid. There was a lombre, a houndoom, and skorupi.

Avery grinned using his sharp teeth, and his eyes started glowing a malevolent red in the moonlight. ?Heheheh. And neither am I. I?ll enjoy beating each of you. My claws are about as sharp as swords right now.?

Kerah looked around at the incoming pokemon nervously. Could they really beat them all?

Before anyone could react, Avery stepped forward and lunged at sneasel!

Bay

Years
Grammar stuff first under spoilers.

Spoiler:

But anyways, enough with the grammar stuff. I think it's nice of Avery to buy Kerah that satchel. Since Rick made his appearance, I do wonder if he has a role in this story. As for Avery and Kerah's predicament with Sneasel and her gang, something tells me Mischief will get involved in the crossfire too.

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
Avery's violent attack did exactly what he expected. When his initial slash cut Sneasel, she was flung backwards a few inches and collapsed to the ground.
Kerah winced slightly, as she heard a scream of pain come from the victim.

The other pokemon were stunned. Until one of them regained their senses. "Oi, get him!" the lombre immediately ordered. He started spitting out a flurry of bubbles at Avery, but Kerah zipped forward, soaking up all the bubbles.

They kind of hurt a little. "Ow! That stings, you know!" It was fine. Kerah shook off some of the water and shot a thunderbolt at the lombre, which was enough for him to drop to the ground, disoriented.

"Thanks." Avery said, turning his head. He then snapped to the closest target: the skorupi. With two quick movements, he shoulder rammed the bug and then backhanded the houndoom, knocking them both down. His eyes started losing their glow, as he knew the battle was over.

"Woah…" Kerah said, in both awe and concern. "Where'd you learn to do all that?"

He was still staring at the unconscious pokemon, making sure that they weren't going to get back up. "Self taught. Someone had to keep these invaders away," He appeared to be waiting for something to happen. "Annnd…"
As if right on cue, all of the disabled pokemon burst into shadows.

"What was that?!"

"Honestly, I don't know. They're puppets or illusions, probably." He pulled a berry out of his bag and started eating it. "C'mn. Ther mht be mhor aroud heer."

However, something was off. Kerah saw that the sneasel was still there, and was bleeding profusely from her wound. "Hey!" She ran up to the wounded pokemon. "A… are you okay?"

"Nnn… pl… no…" She was muttering gibberish.

"Huh?" he ran up next to Kerah, realising that he might've made a mistake. "What. How?"

Sneasel mustered up whatever energy she had left to start talking. "Please… just let me go…" She wasn't talking to anyone in particular.

Kerah looked up at Avery, worried and impatient. "Can't you do something?"

Avery just shook his head several times with a grim expression. "...no. That was a mortal wound."

"...find him… stop him."

"What? Find who?" Kerah was starting to panic slightly. Her eyes were occasionally darting between Avery, who wasn't doing anything, and Sneasel.

"Shade." Sneasel coughed violently, causing some blood to run down her face. "Acr… i'm…" She slowly closed her eyes as she started losing her voice. "...sor…"

………

Kerah stepped back. Anger was starting to take over. This random person had died for seemingly no reason, and someone had to answer for it. "Why did you kill her?!" She angrily demanded. She was tearing up, and her voice was becoming sorrowful.

Avery shrugged, worried. Not knowing anything particularly apologetic to say. "I… I didn't mean to!"

"YES YOU DID! Maybe that's why your brother hates you! Because you're a murderer!" As her anger peaked, she decided to fire a thunderbolt at Avery, but he narrowly dodged it.

"Hey, stop-" He started to raise one of his paws, but she charged up and blasted him with a wave of electricity, paralyzing him. "Aghk!" With that, Kerah ran into the forest on her own. "Waittttt… pfh." He shook off the electricity after a minute, and stood up, dazed.
This isn't good. One of those dark strangers might hurt her.
Avery
He started running to the grove, now as worried as he was when Rhodes was poisoned by a lizard. After getting scratched by a few trees, he made it back relatively quickly. The first thing he did was go back to his house, only to find Mischief sleeping on the couch. He woke up quickly when he heard Avery running in. "Oh, you're back. Where's Kerah?"

"I… I don't know. I just uhh, I don't-" He sighed, lowering his head. "She ran off."

"Because you killed someone?"

"But it wasn't on-" Avery froze, staring at Mischief upon realising the question he asked. "How did you know that?"

Mischief smiled smugly and pointed at one of Avery's claws. "I smelled some blood on you when you came in. Plus, i've been guilty of the same thing." He hopped off the couch and walked past the lycanroc, into the moonlight. "A while back, I killed someone's best friend once."

"Why?!"
You say that like it's normal. Who are you, even?

Mischief looked down, sadly."You wouldn't believe this but… he was mind controlled. I had to stop him from hurting people close to him, but I thought that he'd survive my attacks," He picked up a green leaf off the ground and looked at it. "But I was wrong."

Avery sighed, and decided to sit down against the outside of his house. "It was an accident. Have you seen anyone that explodes into pitch black when you attack them?"

"I have. In my dreams, they've been following me." he said, tossing the leaf forward, watching as it was swept away by wind.

"Well… there was this sneasel leading a group of these dark pokemon, and I took her down, assuming she was just like the rest of them." He sighed with discontent, looking at the drying blood on his right claw. "And then Kerah just started yelling at me, telling me that i'm a murderer."

Mischief took a few steps toward the treeline and glanced at all the trees. "Which way did she go?"

"Where do you think you're going? Those 'things' will be looking for you!" Avery said, standing up.

Mischief looked back at the lycanroc, with a strangely calm look in his eyes. "Kerah is a gentle person, Avery. She will forgive you if you give it time. And she did tell you that she wants to help your brother."

"I-" Avery paused, thinking of something to say. "I didn't trust you before Mischief, but… thank you."

"Don't mention it." the cat turned back towards the forest. "And don't follow me. If those darkness pokemon come near the village, it's up to you to stop them!" And with that, he ran into the thicket of trees.

Avery just stood, looking at the trees too. Collecting his thoughts, and calming himself. Thank you both, Mischief and Kerah. he started walking back into his house to give the berries to his little brother.

Obtained 'Mischief I'.

(AN: I'm trying to get better at writing. Sorry if i'm making you feel like there's something wrong with your feedback, Bay, but I think I might be getting a little better at this. I read over this before posting, by the way.)

Bay

Years
Couple grammar stuff first.

Spoiler:

Welp to Sneasel's death there. I do think you're getting better with expressions and reactions with Mischief and Avery's interaction there. I do think you could add more detail to Avery's reaction when he found out Mischief had killed his best friend. Hopefully Mischief will find Kerah soon.

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
Mischief
As if Rhodes getting drunk wasn?t enough, Kerah was now missing. He couldn?t exactly blame her for it, after all. She accused Avery for a murder that was purely accidental and then ran off. And here I am now, trekking through a forest in the darkest of nights. It was no problem, luckily, as Mischief could see just fine in the darkness. But he had to limit his pace to a walk, as the last thing he needed was to get tangled up in a bush. ?Kerah, where are you?? He shouted, hoping to get an answer. No such luck.
Paranoia was starting to kick in. He felt that the pawniard that was in his nightmare would soon be real. Fortunately, he would soon shake off his dreaded thoughts as a faint voice caught his attention. That was enough for Mischief to start running, disregarding any chance to trip.

It was a faint crying. Obviously belonging to a girl; to Kerah. ?That you, Kerah??
This better not be a trap. I haven?t had enough sleep.

Mischief?s voice caught her attention, but she was sniffling, so it was slightly difficult for her to form complete sentences. ?M-Mischief? W-why are you- *sniff* -here??

?To find, you. Clearly. Why are -you- out here?? After brushing away some foliage, he saw his friend sitting miserably in a small clearing.

?I-I?? She looked down at the ground with sadness in her eyes.. ?I don?t- *sniff* -k-know.?

Mischief knew that look. He?d seen that same lost look in the eyes of others. He knew the fear and pain that created it; and the heart and will which would prevent it. Mischief stepped forward and sat next to Kerah. ?What?s the matter, Kerah? Why are you crying?? His voice was much softer than normal.

?I don?t know!? She said again, covering her face with her paws. ?Why d-do you keep- *sniff* -asking me??

The cat ignored her question and continued talking. ?Is it because Avery murdered someone??

Kerah lifted her face slightly so that she could see Mischief. ?But it wasn?t! It was an accident and I... I attacked him for no good reason.?

?Accidents happen all the time, Kerah. Avery understands that you attacking him was an accident.?

?...what? B-but no, it can?t-?

Mischief?s eyes became snarky as his comments suddenly turned aggressive. ?Everyone knows this, Kerah. What?re you, five??

Kerah just dropped her head into her paws again and continued sniffling. Mischief wasn?t helping. ?Stop it.?

?Why should I? You?re just a kid. You wouldn?t understand a thing that i?m saying. You?re just too optimistic all the time. Y?see, this is why i?ve always wanted to do everything alone, because of people like-?

?STOP IT!? Kerah met her boiling point, and quickly smacked Mischief across the face, though that might?ve not been the best idea. She immediately gasped. ?No, Mischief, it was an... accident??? Her speech started slowing when Mischief just got up and stared at Kerah with the same bored look as usual.

Mischief scoffed. ?Are you done yet??

Kerah was just staring at the cat in front of her, now becoming slightly confused. ?Wha? what did you just? do??

?They don?t call me Mischief for nothing. I got you to stop crying.? He turned around back in the direction he came from while looking back. ?Listen, you jolted him a little. It?s okay.?

?I? i?m sorry for crying like that, Mischief. Th-thank you.?

Beneath that scarf of his, a smile might?ve been seen. Mischief turned back towards the forest. ?No problem. Now stay close, Kerah. I don?t want to-...? He froze, as Kerah walked to his side and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and then walked past him.
If it was a week ago, he would?ve felt sour, and might?ve shoved away Kerah. But now? he felt bubbly. I? remember these feelings. People cared about me too. That smile on his face became bigger, but he hid it. He still wanted to keep his face hidden, for now. He walked back to the town with Kerah without saying a word.

But those few minutes of peace were no more, as several eyes lit up in front of them. They belonged to several short figures, ready to attack recklessly as a team. ?Well-hel-hellll. Isn?t that cute. This couple here thinking they can just walk away all willy nilly.? one of the figures said.

?Go home, kids. I don?t have time for your games.? Mischief said. He saw through their confidence; they were nothing but several weak puppets.

?No can do. We?re not going anywhere without you.? another one said. Their voices all sounded the same: rough, deep, and immature.

Mischief chuckled humorlessly before shaking his head. ?Well then, have fun.? As he and Kerah started to try and walk past the puppets, they just delayed the inevitable by standing in his way. ?Fine, have it-?

?GET HIM!? the puppets all jumped onto Mischief, which was surprisingly successful.

?Mischief!? Kerah exclaimed. ?Get away from him!? She said, firing an bolt of electricity at the puppets, causing several of them to disperse into shadows.

With a decent amount of the puppets taken off him, Mischief shoves the rest off, and tries clawing one of them, but his claw just passes right through them. ?What??

All the puppets started laughing in unison as several more started morphing in from the shadows. One being a litwick, lighting up all the nearby puppets as ghosts. ?Hee hee hee. Can?t you see? There?s nothing you can do. We all outnumber you!?

?Oh yeah? Then what?s that behind you?? Mischief confidently said, pointing behind all the ghosts.
As expected, most of them turned around to look at the thing behind them which was? nothing. ?Kerah, get back!? Immediately, he started charging his move.

Kerah was hesitant to move, though. ?What are you doing?!?

?Stop him!? the litwick shouted, prompting the ghosts to start attacking Mischief.

They?re making me feel weak? but I can?t? they can?t?
?...just? go! It?s dangerous?!? In only a few seconds, Mischief finally charged up his attack, and without checking to see if Kerah actually fled, started floating into the air, glowing. ?????????? ???????!? The ghosts knew what Mischief was doing: Releasing hundreds of thin razors that would maim anything within a few yards. As each blade touched a ghost, it caused them to explode into shadows, destroying them.

There was only silence. Mischief was desperately breathing for air, as once again, that attack always spent a lot of energy. ?Mischief? What was that?? Kerah walked out from behind a tree, unscathed. She was inspecting all the blade marks on the trees and the leaf confetti in the air.

Mischief had to take several more deep breaths before he could talk. ?It?s? a dangerous? hold on,? He started another move, except this time it had a calming glow. Soon, his energy started to recover enough for him to talk normally. ?It?s called magic. It?s very dangerous.?

?Magic? Like in fairy tales? Can I learn it too?? Kerah asked, excited.

?No,? Mischief said dryly. ?It?s unsafe, and the way I learned it? carried extremely adverse effects.
Why do I keep using this attack? It keeps making me feel weak whenever I use it.
His breathing started to slow down to a normal speed. ?Okay? let?s just go already. I?m so tired.?

?Okay.? Kerah just left it alone, and the two finally walked back to the Hidden Grove without any interruptions. The first thing they did was go to Avery?s house to check on him.
?Zzzznnnn?? Avery was just seated in his armchair, sleeping. When Kerah checked the room where Rhodes was, he was now awake, not as groggy as he was several hours ago. ?You?re awake now, Rhodes??

He was obviously grumpy as seen by the look on his face. ?Yeah, I guess. I bet you?ve met my brother, right? He?s such a -great guy-, right?? He said sarcastically.

?Well? yeah. He bought a bag for me!? Kerah said, slightly less enthusiastic than usual.

?Hmph.? Rhodes grunted. ?It?s not fair. Why?s he always better than me?? His eyes became even more sour as he curled up on his bed.

Mischief stepped forward to give Rhodes a short lecture. ?Nobody?s perfect, Rhodes. Not you, or your brother.?

?That?s stupid.?

?Hm. Your brother told us that you used to help people, but then you stopped, correct??

?Are you going to believe everything he says??? Rhodes sighed. ?Yeah. That?s right.?

Mischief shook his head slightly. ?If you stopped helping people, then why did you want to help me??

Rhodes lifted up his head to look at Mischief. ?Well I? I just wanted to help someone for once. Was that so wrong of me??

?No, no. Of course not!? Kerah walked forward, shoving Mischief a little. ?It?s always great when you?re helpful to another person, right, Mischief??

Mischief scoffed. ?Well I doubt that, since we didn?t find anything but a bunch of puppets, but-?

?Sir!? Kerah turned to see the nincada, or Rick as he was identified as, trying to talk to Avery while he was still sleeping. ?A large number of enemies have been spotted incoming! Sir!? He then started jumping into Avery to try and wake him up, but to no avail.

?-Sir-??

Kerah walked over to Rick and tapped him to get his attention. ?Who are they, Rick??

?Shadow creatures, madam!? Rick said, trying to salute. ?They?re about to attack the village and we need Avery to defend us!?

Rick got knocked back when Rhodes suddenly jumped out of the room he was in and into him, pinning him down. ?What is with you?! Do you force my brother to defend the grove everyday? If you?re so concerned then why don?t you do it yourself?!?

Mischief put a hand on Rhodes? shoulder. ?That?s enough, Rhodes. I can deal with them.?

?Not alone you will. We can take them together!? Kerah said reassuringly. That was enough for Rhodes to take his paw off of Rick.

Rick pointed outside. ?Quick, they could be here any minute!?

The three ran outside to see an innumerable amount of puppets standing around the edge of the grove. ?So much for the name -Hidden- Grove??

?Pft. Shut up.? Rhodes readied himself into an aggressive stance as the encroaching enemies drew closer.

Kerah?s claws and tails started sparking with electricity. ?Umm? what do we do??

Mischief grunted before answering. ?Hmph. Use anything and everything.? And with that, he leaped forward towards the group, scorching them by breathing out a flamethrower.
Hm. I probably shouldn?t do that. I might burn the trees like I burned the Clock Tower.
In the corner of his eye, he could see Rick running away out of fear.

Kerah attacked by discharging several thunderbolts within the group, destroying several at a time as they arced to new targets. Luckily, none of the puppets had any immunity to the shocks.

Rhodes became covered in a slightly bright aura as he started to quickly slam into random enemies, causing multiple puppets to be destroyed easily as he slammed into their clustered formation.

But the exertion was starting to become overwhelming. Attacking so many times had depleted his energy, causing him to drop down to the ground in pain.

?Mischief!? Kerah said, seeing that the puppets had noticed Mischief?s state. They were advancing on him. She was about to shock them with a thunderbolt, but a puppet jumped in front of the bolt and absorbed the entire blast before dissipating. ?Rhodes! Help Mischief!?

The lycanroc slowed down so he could see what was wrong, and saw Mischief. ?Got it!? His accelrock was interrupted by a random puppet shoving him off his feet. ?Gah!? He quickly stood up and gave the puppet a good rake, but it soaked up his attack just fine.
Damn. Those brats aren?t giving up easy.

Suddenly, a figure crashed down on the puppets, immediately destroying any of the nearby ones. ?...and you kids thought you could handle this yourselves.? Avery started grinning maliciously, with a crimson glint in his eyes.

?You could?ve woken up sooner?? Mischief said, still tired. ?I don?t have the energy for this. You take care of them.? Mischief then stood up and ran off before anyone could say anything.

The lycanroc took a quick glance at the puppets.
That?s a lot more than i?ve ever seen.
It didn?t matter that much. Avery composed himself and started attacking in a frenzied rage, clawing any of the puppets in his way. ?Get? out of here!?
Eventually, the number of puppets actually started to decrease. As the three took out batches of them with their attacks, it was evident that who would win this skirmish.

?We?ve got them!? Kerah said, which was good since she was also getting tired of shooting bolts over and over again.

As Rhodes slammed into one more puppet, all of them suddenly exploded into shadows. Though it seemed to be over, Rhodes looked around as the shadows dissipated. ?Is? is that it??

It was still night, but the shadows seemed to be gone. ?Somehow, I think so.?

The victory against the odds had not gone unnoticed. All of the pokemon in the Hidden Grove were giving their thanks to the three while Mischief just watched from a distance. As most of the pokemon were finally walking away to go back to sleep, Mischief approached Avery as he finished talking to Rhodes. ?Thanks for the help.?

?What will you do now?? He asked.

?I?m positively sure I know who sent those puppets. I will look for that person, and deal with him.?

?Very well.? Avery looked down at the ground with some disappointment. ?I would come with you, but I can?t leave this place undefended. Sorry Mischief, but good luck.?

Mischief would?ve given Avery a pat on the shoulder if he wasn?t so tall. ?Thanks.? He then walked towards Kerah, who was now talking to Rhodes.

?Don?t tell me, Kerah. I don?t need any more patronizing.? He said, with his cranky face that Mischief still didn?t get used to seeing.

Kerah was trying to keep a positive attitude the best she could. ?Aww. I liked you better when you weren?t so grumpy faced.?

?Heh?? Rhodes actually started smiling, slightly. ?You mean like? this??

?Yeah! That?s the Rhodes I know!?

Mischief interrupted the conversation. ?This is a nice bonding time and all, but i?m thinking of travelling soon.?

Kerah looked disappointed, even though they?d already been around for at least 12 hours. ?Aww. So soon??

?Yes. Those puppets will come back whether you like it or not, but? I think we can stop them.? Honestly though, Mischief wasn?t so sure about whether he knew where he was going. If he was wrong, then he?d probably end up walking in circles, but that shouldn?t happen. ?C?mon. We shouldn?t dawdle; the sun?s rising.?

As the three started to leave, small flecks of sunshine came through the trees, barely lighting up the place. Mischief was thinking of going to Connet right now, as that was his best guess. ?Mr. Cat, w-wait!? Rick came in, fluttering slightly over the ground with his tiny wings, holding an envelope. ?Avery told me to give you this letter!?

?Another letter??

?Yes! He said it had your name on it, but he didn?t open it.? Rick handed over the letter to Mischief, who didn?t open it immediately. ?Okay, I have to go back home. My parents will get mad if i?m not there.? And with that, he fluttered away.

Kerah looked at the letter with interest, but Rhodes didn?t seem to care much. ?Ooh, what?s in the letter this time??

?Hm.? He clawed open the envelope and read the paper within. ?Ahem. So, Mischief, that stupid mutt finally decided to give you the letter, huh? After all this time, you?ll still being an insufferable pet. Rhodes also started reading the letter But that?s enough for now. I will reclaim what was taken from me, and there?s nothing you can do.?[/COLOR] Mischief looked on with horror as he read the sender?s name. ?From? Shade.?

?Shade?? The letter spontaneously exploded into a violent flurry of shadows, knocking everyone down.
A black figure appeared before them as the shadows retreated under the trees. It was Darkrai. ?Do you remember me now, Mischief??

The blast had weakened Mischief; he was unable to stand up. But he could still see the nightmare in front of him. ?Shade? You?re still alive? again??

?I?m not here to toy with you, boy. I?m taking my powers back.? He soared forward and grabbed Mischief by the neck. ?Return back to the fear you once knew.?

Rhodes looked on with fear, but he couldn?t move. ?No? Mischief!? Kerah on the other hand, got knocked unconscious by the blast.

Shade was siphoning something from Mischief, and there was nothing that anyone could do. Mischief?s accessories started to deteriorate, and everyone could finally see what he truly looked like. As the bandages on his legs corroded away, it could be seen that he had two red stripes on each of his legs. And his hat and scarf? they faded, and everyone could now see his bright red whiskers and tufts of red fur on his face.
He couldn?t hide his face? but that didn?t matter much anymore.

Bay

Years
So, I decided to try something a bit different. I want to pointpoint some of the grammar stuff in a google doc (and a couple other stuff I noticed) because this is faster for me to do and maybe might help you better. For the most part there were some parts where you had a period instead of comma after a dialogue, and you would have he/she capitalized instead of lowercase. The times where you can have he/she capitalized is if you don't have a dialogue tag and followed up with an action like, "He walked to the store" and not "He said and walked to the store".

A couple other stuff I pointed out in the docs. There's one part where Mischief was using flamethrower that I think you could have him react better when he realized it's probably not the best idea. There's also one part where you have Mischief and Avery notice more puppets, and wasn't sure if you have it in Mischief or Avery's point of view.

So, this is a bit of a faster paced chapter than your previous ones. The beginning with Mischief and Kerah is cute with him having warm feelings from their interaction. There's then everyone dealing with those puppets. I kinda feel Shade's appearance there was a bit rushed, but we finally see Mischief's true identify. Huh, so he's actually Litten/of the Litten line. Should've known from the references of a "black cat" and him able to know fire attacks. Everyone's reaction to that should be interesting.

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
Spoiler:

2 Weeks Later…
πλαισίου, Ξέρω ότι δεν με είδατε τους τελευταίους δύο μήνες, αλλά κάτι απειλεί την ασφάλεια του καθενός στην ήπειρο. Παρεμπιπτόντως, έλαβα την προηγούμενη επιστολή σας, αλλά δεν μπορώ να βρω έναν καλό χρόνο να απαντήσω νωρίτερα. Παρακαλώ συναντήστε με στο ςοgsbυrg.
με εκτιμιση, Κακό

Several dozens of yards north of Cogsburg, there was a single litten, leisurely walking to the town. But, there was always something in the way. One araquanid. "Hey pal, I wouldn't mind if you moved out of the way."

"Kshhh! You killed my brother, you ignorant wretch!" Araquanid said angrily. His voice was weird, though, so Mischief couldn't exactly tell if he was actually angry.

"I apologize, but it didn't -once- occur to your brother that I was going to beat him when he was fighting me." Mischief retorted negligently. "If you aren't as incompetent as him, I would advise you to let it go."

"NO!" Araquanid shouted with a vengeance. "You will die, here and now!" It immediately attacked by firing a torrent of water from it's head in Mischief's direction.

He dodged it, like he did with the other one. Damn pest. Quickly, Mischief lunged forward and gave the bug a good slash on the face. Though he briefly got stuck in the araquanid's bubble, he quickly struggled free from it.

Araquanid started snickering a little, but Mischief still couldn't tell what he was doing. "Phah! Stupid cat! Do you not know that you have no advantages over me?! Water beats fire!" He fired another stream of water, oblivious to the results of the last time he tried it.

Once again, it missed. "Come on! I don't have time for this." Out of patience, Mischief jumped behind the spider and started breathing fire at his exposed backside.

"Gaaaaah!" it was super effective. Araquanid quickly turned around, the fire on it's body extinguishing quickly. "HOW?! You lost your powers!"

"Maybe so, but nothing else has changed, so last chance! Run or die!"

"Grrrrr!" Third time's a charm, which was obviously not true as Araquanid started firing inaccurately with another hydro pump, sweeping the area in front of him.
But Mischief was too fast. He immediately ran past the spider right after it started it's attack and used his flamethrower again.

"Arrrrrggghhh!" that was enough. The idiot finally stopped moving as he collapsed on the floor.

About time. I was scared I was gonna lose.
"Phew." Mischief straightened himself and started walking in the direction of Geniscity, completely indifferent about whether the bug was dead or not.
Rustling, he heard it. Mischief turned around, ready for another fight. "I know you're there! Show yourself!

A head poked out of some nearby bushes. It was a leafeon. "Mischief…? You look different!" He hopped out of the bushes he was hiding in and started walking towards the cat.

"Long time no see, Cadre." Mischief looked around, and true to his name, randomly said "How's the wife?"

"Don't talk to me about that, please. I've seen sitting at the port for two months, now." Cadre said, slightly annoyed by Mischief's question. "Hey, what happened to your hat and scarf?" He said, pointing them out.

Mischief smirked. "Hm. I'm glad you decided to come all the way out here for me. It's an emergency." Mischief sighed, combing his head a little. "My hat and scarf… were stolen. You remember that I can blast out a flurry of blades, or make my wounds disappear, right?" Cadre nodded. "Someone has ripped all my powers from me, and has taken all my friends away."

Cadre's eyes sparked with interest as he heard that last sentence. "You have friends? I thought you wanted to be alone after last month."

Mischief tilted his head a little and looked towards the ground with clear sorrow in his eyes. "That… used to be so. But the solitude was painful."

"That's nice," Cadre followed Mischief as he started walking. "So who are your new friends?"

"There's Rhodes, a lycanroc, and Kerah, a luxio." Mischief thought about not introducing Avery, but it wouldn't hurt if he did, so… "And then there's Avery, he's a midnight lycanroc."

Pretty good, considering the state that Cadre saw him in last time he saw him. "I bet they're nice people, huh? Where are we going, by the way?"

"A big town up ahead called Geniscity. I might be able to find some of my missing friends if I go there."

Something minor occurred to Cadre as he was just calmly listening. "Yunno, I thought you didn't like answering questions."

Mischief scoffed. "I did, but… i've been learning -some- social skills, and… it's really hard not to." The color in his face brightened up slightly.

"Hey, is that…?" Cadre leaned in closer to Mischief's face. "You're in -love-, aren't you?"

There was a really long delay before the litten just mumbled: "No."

"Hah! You can't fool me, I just know there's someone you like." The leafeon leaned even closer. "...who's the lucky person?"

Mischief raised a paw and shoved Cadre's face away. "You're not gonna stop talking, just like everyone else, huh? Fine." He took a deep breath. "The Luxio; her name is Kerah. She's a sweet person, and she just adores how I look without the hat."

Cadre's mouth widened slightly into a mischievous grin. "Go on…" But his face drooped when his eye took a quick dart around. "Hey wait-"

"Well… oof-" Mischief accidentally walked into a river without noticing. Being a fire type, it felt like he was burning like he wasn't actually a fire type. "Aggghhh"
Cadre quickly grabbed Mischief by the scruff of his neck and pulled him out of the river. "Mischief, you okay?" He asked, only slightly worried. It was just a little water.

Mischief was breathing heavily. That really hurt. It was fine though, he'd live. "Yeah… I hate water." he then just took an interested glance at Cadre, prompting him to say: "What?" Mischief's face just went blank as he asked his next question. "Can you carry me across the river?"

Cadre just stared at Mischief with an equally blank face. "Umm… why? Isn't there a… bridge?"

"It's broken." Mischief thought about it for a moment, and then decided to rephrase that sentence. "It's probably broken."

There was an awkward silence, but Cadre answered with "Okay." he grabbed Mischief up by the scruff of his neck, which for some reason caused all of his muscles to just completely freeze, and placed him on his back. "Hold on tight."
"My neck hurts." Cadre slowly walked into the river and even slowlier, started swimming across it.
"Brrr. Cold." Halfway through his walk, he started shivering a little, but he made it across. And then clumsily dropped Mischief on the ground. "Coldcoldcold." The leaves on his body were looking pale.

Mischief wasn't so sure about lighting a fire for his leafy friend, but he asked anyway. "Need a fire?"

"N-n-no thank y-you… i'll j-just…" The leafeon shook all the water off of him, and the hue in his leaves returned slightly. "Oh-kay, let's go; i'm not carrying you." Through the forest they went.

It was a trivial walk, actually. The seviper that was previously there wasn't around, and there were even more scratches on the trees. But it made the trip easier, as they didn't need to have another unnecessary fight.

"So, what's this Geniscity like?" Cadre asked.

"It's huge, like an actual city. It used to have a clock tower in the middle of it, but it got burnt down by an evil gengar."

Cadre pointed forward, towards where the city should be. "Oh, you mean that one? Correct me if i'm wrong, but it doesn't look burnt to me."

"What?" he turned towards the city, and there it was; the Clock Tower. Suddenly intact, in the middle of the city. "Whaaat the hell?"

Razgrey

Excalibur
Years
Extra I
<strong>-Two Months Ago, Southwest of Connet-</strong>
"Ahh, it's a beautiful day when we finally see the jewel of the seas: Port Bayleef!" The sun was shining with no clouds nearby, and the plentiful light was filling a single leafeon with energy. But not really for his two nearby companions.

"Who're you talking to?" said a froakie right behind him.

Well, it -could've- been you, but I guess not.
The leafeon turned and stared at the froakie for a few seconds, before saying: "I dunno. The sun just feels really nice today."

The froakie frowned. "Cause you're all grassy, Cadre. I'd like it much more if there was somewhere to swim."

"What are you talking about? The sunlight is great!" Another froakie appeared next to the first one, with a very similar voice.

The first froakie frowned, looking at his double. "...stop doing that! That's really creepy!" Cadre wasn't paying attention to anything behind him, he was just looking for the best path to the port, as they were standing at the edge of a small cliff.

"But it's really fun!" The second froakie sighed with a more feminine voice. "Fine." His image started shimmering and darkening, and when it cleared up, there was now a Zorua standing there. "You're no fun, Arich!" she said.

"Okay Arich, Ruby. I've figured out the best path to Port Bayleef!" Cadre exclaimed, completely oblivious to anything that had happened behind him. When his companions walked over, he pointed at a blatantly obvious dirt road. "That way!"

Arich's frown intensified. You keep that up and your face isn't gonna look pretty when you're a ninja! "Gee, we would never have guessed."

Ruby sprinted past Arich, nearly knocking him over, and with a gleeful voice shouted: "Last one there's a rotten berry!" She quickly jumped off the edge of the cliff with an easy landing and continued running.

"Hey, watch it! You could've-"

"Better be quickkk!" Cadre had also started running towards the port, leaving Arich alone to stew in his frustration.
"Ugh… stupid. Just- Ugh."

About two minutes later...
There it was. Port Bayleef. The quote unquote "jewel of the seas", because that was the only port on this continent. Ruby and Cadre had ran to the port while Arich was still lagging behind as he chose to walk. "So, Cadre, what do we do now?"

Cadre took a quick glance around before answering. He saw some galleons; great craftsman ship by the way. "I guess we'll go charter a ship to Orre. Hopefully there's at least one person willing to take me home."

"Orre? What's that?" Ruby asked.

The leafeon slowly walked around with his friend following. "Orre is a big desert region. I left to go exploring when a captain of sorts taught me some nautical stuff. But that was all just to distract me from what I really care about: A beaut-" He suddenly stopped himself, nervously staring at Ruby as if he'd said too much.

"A beautiful what?" She asked, oblivious for a few seconds. "Ooooh, there's a girl you like, right?"

Cadre blushed slightly in embarrassment, making it obvious that was a yes. "Uh- no!"
Dangit.

Ruby chuckled a little before talking some more in a happy, mischievous voice. "Too late! I already know! So, what's the lucky lady like?"

"Leave it alone, please." The leafeon said in a desperate tone.

Ruby was about to say something else, but was interrupted by Arich walking in, speaking in a loud, sarcastic tone. "Gee, it was such a -great- idea to ditch me back there, wasn't it, huh?"

Cadre quickly took the chance to respond to Arich so Ruby wouldn't keep tormenting him. "You're no fun, Arich. You like walking real slowly, don't cha?"

"Yeah. Because I won't get tired from walking."

"How are we gonna get anywhere with you-"

The froakie interrupted Ruby again by putting a finger up to her face and shushing her. "Sh. Stop talking about whether I want to walk or run, okay?" He turned to Cadre. "Alright, so what are we doing here?"

Cadre pointed towards the nearby dock and it's ships. "I'm thinking of taking a boat off this island, and to a different region called Orre."

Arich frowned a little. "You're making us go sailing with you?"

"Yeah! Didn't you read the fine print before you started travelling with me?" Cadre replied gleefully. Whether he thought he actually showed his companions a paper didn't have an answer.

"No! We just joined you because we were lost, not because of some contract or whatever you're making up!" The froakie started heating up a little, probably because he thought Cadre was an idiot.

"I wouldn't mind going." Ruby suddenly said.

Arich started to lower his voice a little, because he was starting to attract some attention. "What about your parents? Shouldn't they be on his island? What about my parents?!"
He would've kept on going, but was stopped when Cadre put one of his paws on his shoulder. "Listen… it's fine. I can go by myself."

He would've gone by himself, but a grovyle walked up to the group, getting their attention. "Excuse me? But I heard that one or more of you gentlemen wanted a ferry?" He got his answer when the leafeon nodded. "Unfortunately, you can't go. There's some sort of huge storm out to sea, and we can't risk sailing through it."

"Can't you… sail around the storm or something?"

Grovyle shook his head. "We've tried. Not only is it incredibly huge, but it seems to follow our ships when they try to leave."
Umm… I don't think clouds work like that.

Cadre still wanted to leave to go to Orre. "H… how long do you think until the storm passes?" Maybe it was a mistake to do so, though. He'd be leaving behind his friends who would probably get even more lost.

"At best… one to two weeks. But we'd be lucky if it left that early." Grovyle turned to look at the open ocean to see a few dark clouds in the distance, then turned back to the group. "We might have to wait around a month before it leaves." There was some silence, as no one wanted to say anything, so Grovyle made his suggestion. "If you're planning on waiting the storm, you should probably go to the lounge. It's a nice place, but it might get loud on some nights." He pointed to a two-story building behind them.

As the grovyle walked away, Ruby mumbled: "This sucks."

It's a real downer when I have to wait up to a month to get a ship to Orre.
The things I care about… my home… Cadre was looking through the window of one of the rooms he'd gotten in the lounge, on the second floor. His companions had taken other rooms on the first floor. And that stupid glaceon. He sighed. Couldn't fight that icy brat. Grass could never beat Ice. What ever am I gonna do…

Hm? Cadre's ears twitched a little. He heard something, above him, but he was on the top floor! Unless you considered the roof the top floor. The sound was some very faint footsteps, but somehow he heard them. He poked his head out the window to get a better look, but he couldn't see them from here. Oh geez… hope I don't slip. Against his better judgement, he crawled through the window and tried stepping up to the roof.

Back