• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff? For older audiences

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Should they make another series? Keep the current one for kids but make one for the older audiences. I think they should, and get rid of Ash and bring in someone new, have different twists to adventure, more romance, instead of a girl likes ash, he may get a kiss. What about you?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Should they make another series? Keep the current one for kids but make one for the older audiences. I think they should, and get rid of Ash and bring in someone new, have different twists to adventure, more romance, instead of a girl likes ash, he may get a kiss. What about you?

Ash has gotten kisses... with Serena?s being the most notable of them all. However, what I think you?d like is something like Pok?mon Origins or something with Ash, or some other Protagonist, older than the stereotypical 10 year old trainer. Age the series as they say.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Yes, the series should age, but there are countless theories towards why Ash is still a kid. Most notably, the Ho-oh theory. Since Ash saw Ho-oh in the first episode, he has achieved eternal happiness or something like that that the pokedex says. So Ash is happy travelling region to region and battling other people, thus he will always be stuck in a loop. Another theory is that since he has met Archeus, he has been giving Ash the life he wants.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
It's not going to happen. If they were going to make a spinoff for older audiences, it'd have happened already. Pokemon Origins (and Generations, to an extent) was an interesting attempt, though. I'd like to see a spinoff for older viewers happen, but I really don't think it will, so.

HumptyDumptyEggSurprise

humptydumptyeggsurprise
Years
I never thought about something like this. It is such a great idea! I read the detective pikachu movie is going to have super realistic pokemon in it (the director said think of characters like rocket raccoon from guardians of the galaxy) that may appeal to older audiences!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I'd rather the anime just end already. I can think of so many better series that could use that time and effort than a show with literally no artistic purpose.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Meh. I wouldn't like an 'older audiences' pokemon series, if its going to be more dark and stuff...

I like childish, cutesy, innocent stuff xD The Pokemon anime the way it is suits my tastes well ^_^;;;

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Meh. I wouldn't like an 'older audiences' pokemon series, if its going to be more dark and stuff...

I like childish, cutesy, innocent stuff xD The Pokemon anime the way it is suits my tastes well ^_^;;;

I didnt imagine it being dark and stuff, but a little more mature. Like the main characters dating, and stuff like that.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I didnt imagine it being dark and stuff, but a little more mature. Like the main characters dating, and stuff like that.

Oh okay :) Thanks for telling me this. I like stuff like dating, it doesn't bother me ^_^

But, in the past, i usually came across older fans talking about wanting more 'mature' pokemon episodes that had more violence and killing and death and hate in them. I never understood all that :( It just made me feel sad that other pokemon fans wanted such a beautiful series to become more negative....

JUST GOTTA GET THIS OFF MY CHEST: Pokemon battles are not supposed to be seriously violent. Or fatal to Pokemon. And I see that as a good thing. ;) If they were overall more aggressive, i'd probably hate this series >_<;;; or, at the very least, just not adore it as much as i typically do. And Pokemon makes me happy in general so i wouldn't want something like that overall o_o; ya know? ^_^;;

Last edited:
Years
The thing is... Nowadays, the tendency of all TV and video games industries is to target younger audiences...
I wish the movies were a little more mature tbh...

Back