• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Manor: Enter if you Dare...

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Why would you want to attempt to find ghosts in your own home? I'd rather be blissfully ignorant of the ones in my house so I can sleep at night.

As for your mysterious phone call, I get that on my own phone a lot. It's most likely a silent call. Could be phone fraud as well. Luckily it happened on the landline and not your phone for you. I'm worried about people potentially stealing my personal info, that's way scarier than a ghost call.

To answer the question you posed, it is more of an experimental thing. I have been interested in the supernatural since I was a teenager. Likewise, I have had several bizarre experiences in my home such as what I think was sleep paralysis along with other strange things such as the one night I woke up at five in the morning to screaming despite everyone sleeping along with a strange photograph that I can upload later. On the same point as experimenting, I thought that it might be a way to celebrate the day from home (the nearest satellite is in West Virginia).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Question for New Members

What is the creepiest thing you had experienced on the job, supernatural or otherwise?

Okay, so this didn't happen at work, but I happen to live really close to NJ's Clinton Rd! A supposed paranormal hotspot. I went with a group of friends years and years ago. Now, I need to say that I don't actually believe anything paranormal happened, but it was still weird!

So late at night we had actually passed through the road very anticlimactically the first time. Nothing happened. But we had to go back through to head back home so we turned around and started driving. While we were driving a car turned in behind us and started speeding up really close, then slowing down really far back. This happened a few times before they dropped back and started speeding at us at a much, much quicker pace. Dude had to have been going 80mph. So we cut the lights and make a sharp turn, only for the car behind us to completely vanish.

Weird part is there was no way the car could have kept driving forward. Up ahead there was a big concrete slab that separates the road from a lake. There is absolutely no way that car could have stopped in time considering the speed they were going. Plus the sound of a car hitting concrete at 80mph - we would have heard it and seen it. It was literally right behind us. But yeah, never saw anything.

So logically i know it was probably some douche who knows the Clinton Road lore, knew that the only people out there that late at night would be to see spooky stuff, and deliberately messed with of for laughs. And my mind just morphed it into something much more frightening. I've been back to the road many times since at all times during the day and night without anything weird or bizarre happening. Car must have had some damn good breaks, haha.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Creepy thing that happened to me was thinking someone was home but it turns out they weren't. Sends chills down my spine because I swear somebody was there.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Creepy thing that happened to me was thinking someone was home but it turns out they weren't. Sends chills down my spine because I swear somebody was there.

I sometimes have that feeling too sometimes, especially if I start to feel uncomfortable with no reason at all. Pretty freaky stuff.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Two new blockbuster horror films are all the rage it seems. The Nun and Halloween remake. Both have good reviews. I'm surprised with the remake though usually classic remakes get messed up except for soft reboots like Evil Dead. I want to see The Nun though. It seems like horror movie blockbusters are more popular than I imagined. No one really cares about the not big name horror flicks though unfortunately.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Two new blockbuster horror films are all the rage it seems. The Nun and Halloween remake. Both have good reviews. I'm surprised with the remake though usually classic remakes get messed up except for soft reboots like Evil Dead. I want to see The Nun though. It seems like horror movie blockbusters are more popular than I imagined. No one really cares about the not big name horror flicks though unfortunately.

Well, the Nun grossed $53 Million US on opening weekend which is a good sign for horror in general over the Halloween season.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Just out of curiosity, did anyone watch the Haunted Live broadcast last night? I only caught the last portion of it do to the fact I was out with family.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I didn't see it! Was it any good even though you only saw a piece of it?

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Just got news that my college's Gaming club (which I am part of), Anime Club and Writer's Guild is having a Horror Movie party on Halloween. Any snack ideas?

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
By chance could I join this? I like spooky stuff. I know a lot about the Haunted Mansion at Disney if that counts, and my house has some "Ghost Lights".

Pure Essence

Years
I'll share my Ghost Light story now.

So, my family moved to this house three years ago, and a ton of issues arose. One was a flickering light about a year after we settled in. The strange thing is that the lightbulb was replaced in this light, which was in a hallway, and it still flickered. Around this year, that light burned out for good and a new light in one of the bathrooms started flickering. Again, the lights were replaced to no avail.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Spooky!

I've had similar occurrences. And while I REFUSE to believe it's paranormal in nature - my mom did pass away when I was a teenager. In the deep, far back, repressed part of my mind I can't help but to think it's her responsible for all the little anomalies.

Also did you know that the Haunted Mansion in Disney Land/World is where most people spread their loved one's cremated ashes? >_> Weird, right?

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Similar things happen to me in middle school (secondary school). Back in seventh grade (year 7), a friend of mine had told me that a pair of glowing eyes which he had named "Mr. Guy" (we were twelve-thirteen years old) in the projector room along with a girl in a red dress in which he had never elaborated on. I, in the back of my head questioned his legitimacy (I had only known him for a couple of months up to this point) until I had a calculator slide itself off the desk in English Class and a girl's giggle while doing standardized testing. Likewise, I had some crazy things happen during my tenure in the drama club in which a prop would be pushed off a ladder (no one was hurt) or a sheet prop sliding off a rack when it was still not too long ago. Likewise, I had seen the glowing eyes once during a study hall. I had never had anything else like that after eighth grade (Year 8).

Years
I would like to be a member. I like horror, more so suspense, atmosphere, haunted houses. I have a weakness for the 1960s classic television series the Twilight Zone , and use to watch reruns on the sygy channel with my parents when I was a wee thing.

Last year I was vacationing down south in Charleston and went with family on a tour of the citiy's famous cemetaries at night and was told ghost stories by the guide.

Pure Essence

Years
Let me list off some facts on Haunted Mansion.
Spoiler:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I would like to be a member. I like horror, more so suspense, atmosphere, haunted houses. I have a weakness for the 1960s classic television series the Twilight Zone , and use to watch reruns on the sygy channel with my parents when I was a wee thing.

Last year I was vacationing down south in Charleston and went with family on a tour of the citiy's famous cemetaries at night and was told ghost stories by the guide.

Glad to have you! Did you have any experiences while on this tour?

Back