• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scenario V - Peaceful explorer?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What would you do?
A fun little discussion here in Pokemon General where you discuss what you would do in certain scenarios!

What is this about?
These are simply about hypothetical scenarios that would occur to you if you were in the Pokemon World (or not!). This is pretty much the entire premise of WWYD (What Would You Do); that is, what would you do in a given scenario? Remember that there are no right or wrong answers, just your thoughts!
Can I suggest some scenarios, too?
Of course you can! In fact, I highly encourage you to! Feel free to PM your ideas to Dragon or adventure!
What would you do in this scenario?
The professor asks you to undertake a quest to capture all the pok?mon species in the region. You'll get free hotels, food, pok?balls and potions and can travel anywhere in the region for free for the duration of your mission. But you are not allowed to battle any trainers or challenge any gyms at all, and avoid fighting wild pok?mon unless you have to (for self-defense or captures). Basically, you'd need to postpone your pok?mon trainer aspirations until you've captured them all! On the other hand, being a trainer and traveling around can be costly and bothersome, and with this offer at least you'd get to see places and meet pok?mon for free, even if your friends would become more experienced battlers and level up their pok?mon more while you were gone... What would you do?

pkmin3033

Do it! Honestly, the most enjoyment I've gotten out of Pokemon has always been compiling a Living Dex. I like catching one of everything, and I'd get plenty of battling out of doing that, because to capture Pokemon you typically have to weaken them in battle first. I'm entirely fine with never having to interact with others on my journey!

But I want one of these - insured - when I start going after Legendaries:
fTjKf-vfteFIaVs10Ey_7WSQbFQJKalvf8qwbO-aoJbu-oxCiikVPsn0YgEO4S_pCO5K8hxDqg

Years
I've never been a massive fan of completing the Pokedex and have only ever completed a Regional Dex once. I think a big part of a Pokemon journey is the adventuring aspect, I think the anime sums this up quite well sometimes, with Ash sometimes sleeping under the stars or that famous episode in the original series where he slept in a ice cave thing with his Pokemon, I think that's where a bond is made with your Pokemon and to just stay in hotels and not engage in battles or anything would be boring for me, so I don't think I'd do it tbh.

Years
I always go down the rabbit hole with hypotheticals like these, making my decisions harder. Do I have to capture one of every Pokemon, or is simply getting a Pokedex entry through trade/evolution enough? Are the Pokemon mine to keep, or will they belong to the professor? Is there a particular reason why the professor wants me to catch all these Pokemon, and is willing to pay me to do so?

All those questions aside, if I'm taking it at face value, the answer is an easy yes. If I'm in a real world Pokemon situation, I'd be more interested in studying and observing than I would be battling, so this would be more up my alley than aiming for the Pokemon League. Plus, there are thousands of other trainers out there who are probably better than me, so I'd be silly to pass up free travel, food, and accommodations while catching Pokemon.

Years
I won't do it. I'd rather have a few good Pokemon to befriend and battle with than one of everything. It's better for me to maintain a relationship with just a few than with "everyone." I mean I suck at battling in real life, but JUST catching is JUST boring. That's just me anyway.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
In pok?mon games I was more focused over roaming, travelling and performing secondary
activities rather than being an actual trainer.He-he, my sister was more the actual trainer,
she could deal with anything and in crystal she collected every non-event legendary and
completed the dex as much as you could without trades. Although in sapphire(where my sister
allowed me to start my own journey) being more of a roamer than an actual trainer I explored the
icy depths of the shoal cave, collected every item on the ground, brought up the mystery of the
braille-engraved hall and placed the sky pillar on the map(despite neither of us managed to reach
the top...actually, we didn't get the regis or Latias either...)
The scenario you proposed includes free supplies, so we wouldn't even need to bother other trainers.
The problem would then be dealing with high-leveled wild pok?mon that won't let
you flee, but we're talking about the pok?-world itself and not the games(plus, I'm quite sure
other trainers can't force you to fight...at least accordingly to the anime episode 37 of X&Y)
, so I suppose
we could get through that by giving no reason to attack and perhaps offering some om-noms.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I don't actually go after the Dec that much so I'd probably prefer to be a trainer.

Back