• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
James901 - I signed up for a Pidgeot Ultimate, but after doing Yellow, I decided I would prefer to just to do Single Challenges. Would you go ahead and change me from an Ultimate Challenger to a single Champion?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
beat gyms 3 and 4! gym 3 was really easy for a fighting gym (only one blackout, no items used, though I grinded a few levels)

28umoo1.png

gym 4 was a joke, though there was a trainer with only ghost types in between, he was arguably as tough as the gym due to my only move that can hit ghost types being blizzard.

fw3jvm.png

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Username: Ivan
Pokemon of Choice: Charizard
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Firered, Heart Gold, Ruby, Pearl, White, Y

Can I change some of my games in the future? Like for example lets say that I ended up playing Black 2 instead of White, would that be okay?

Update #1

Spoiler:

Update #2
Spoiler:

Update #3
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years

Sorry.

LeafGreen screens:
Spoiler:
LeafGreen HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

I'll be, like, starting SoulSilver, maybe, sometime, idk.

Years
Ok so I got solo run on my bingo card over at the bingo challenge for hoenn ~ So I guess that I can do one (won't count swampert one as that one since it will take me a while to get back to it since my save file was deleted and I decided to start that run over in hg/ss and after that I ll move to Sapphire)

So I want to do Mightyena run for my card since Mightyena is my favourite Hoenn pokemon besides sceptile and I don't want to use another starter :3

Here is the sign-up:

Username: AoTora
Pokemon of Choice: Mightyena
Challenge: Not for now, but maybe later.
Game(s): Ruby

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Update #4
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Username: Ivan
Pokemon of Choice: Charizard
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Firered, Heart Gold, Ruby, Pearl, White, Y

Can I change some of my games in the future? Like for example lets say that I ended up playing Black 2 instead of White, would that be okay?

It's perfectly fine to change your game later. :)

Also next time you have an update and no else has posted edit your first post instead of making more. Double posting isn't really allowed :/ In case you haven't read the rules, or just forgot here's the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220769

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Update #5
Spoiler:

Update #6
Spoiler:

Update #7
Spoiler:

Update #8
Spoiler:

Update #9
Spoiler:

Update #10
Spoiler:

fXO17h7.png

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Finally continued my USC #4, Nagini the Dunsparce, in Unova.

Update #1 on Black 2.

Name:Voldy
Rival: Potter
Starter: Snivy

• Hacked in an egg, which hatched into Nagini the Dunsparce! She has Bite and Headbutt as egg moves.
  • After exploring Flocessy Ranch, I took on the Aspertia Gym, where I survived Cheren and won the Basic Badge.
  • Made my way to Virbank City, trained a bit in the Complex, then barely defeated Roxie.
  • Defeated Team Plasma, then made a couple movies at Pokéstar Studios.
  • Went to Castelia City, defeated all the trainers in Batte Co. and the Sewers, then took down Burgh for badge #3.
  • Beat Colress on Route 4, then defeated everyone there and in the Desert Resort before heading to Nimbasa City.
  • Cleared the old gym, then challenged the new one to fight Elesa, who was very difficult.
  • Eventually I won with the help of healing items and Double-Edge.
  • I am saved in Nimbasa City.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Voldy:
206.gif

Nagini the Serious Dunsparce, ♀ - L35 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Headbutt, Dig, Bite, Double-Edge

HM Slaves:
027.gif

Sandshrew - Cut, Strength
561.gif

Sigilyph - Fly, Flash

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
I started this challenge already, I've got 2 gym badges already courtesy of a few long car rides.
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Raichu
Challenge: Single
Game: X

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I haxed my way through the 5th gym. after 1 X special and 1 Dire Hit, I got 3 consecutive critical hits :P (by the way... if you don't know... haxing is the compeditive term for being incredibly lucky)

654cn5.png

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Haven't been able to update lol but here's my first Heart Gold Update

- Traded in a Charmander egg
- Hatched the Charmander egg which luckily had Flamethrower
- Trained Charmander to lvl 10 before entering the route with the first trainers.
- Easily sweeped through all the trainers
- Arrived at Violet City and Breezed through Sprout Tower
- After completing Sprout Tower I had a lvl 15 Charmander so I decided to evolve it before challenging the gym
- Easily defeated the gym
- Walked down the route to Union Cave defeating everyone on my way there
- Entered and completed Union Cave in a few minutes
- Arrived at Azalea town and immediately went to kurt to be able to enter Slowpoke well
- Defeated all the grunts and Proton(Dragon Rage is OP at this stage lol)
- Azalea town gym was of course easy
- Defeated Rival Silver with only Dragon Rage
- Got both Farfetch'd for Cut
- Went through Ilex forest as quickly as I could
- Arrived at Goldenrod City and got my Radio Card
- Challenged the gym and barely beat Milktank, I hate attract with a passion.
- Got the Squirtbottle and am now on my way to the "weird tree"

Lv27
5.png

50px-ZephyrBadge.png
50px-HiveBadge.png
50px-PlainBadge.png

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
- Traded in a Charmander egg
- Hatched the Charmander egg which luckily had Flamethrower
If you mean your Charmander had Flamethrower as an egg move, I'm going to have to disappoint you because that's not really possible. Though I don't really know what James' policy is on this.

Update #2: Exploud - Diamond
Here's the second update. I'll be so glad when I've finished this, Sinnoh (and Hoenn) are two of my least favorite regions, probably because I don't know them that well.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
295.png

Boomer the Bold Exploud (M) @ Lv.70
Ability: Soundproof
Flamethrower
Hyper Voice
Surf
Crunch

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
If you mean your Charmander had Flamethrower as an egg move, I'm going to have to disappoint you because that's not really possible. Though I don't really know what James' policy is on this.
The parent knew the move already, my friend hatched it with a ditto so it couldn't possibly be an egg move. Maybe a TM? I hope I don't have to restart.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #2 on Black 2.

• Moved on to Driftveil City and talked to the old Team Plasma dudes.
  • Took on the gym, and Clay was very tough. I needed several healing items to survive to the end.
  • Won the Driftveil Tournament easily, then defeated Team Plasma on the Frigate.
  • Got the Surf HM and used to explore Mistralton Cave, mostly for the Rock Slide TM.
  • Went through Chargestone Cave to Mistralton City, and grabbed the Lucky Egg from Professor Juniper.
  • Challenged the gym, and while Skyla's Skarmory was tough, Rock Slide was great in here.
  • Beat the rest of the trainers on Route 7, then flew to Lentimas Town, where I headed through Reversal Mountain.
  • Arrived in Undella Town, where I defeated Potter (cue the fireworks!).
  • Continued through some more routes to Lacunosa Town, where I defeated Zinzolin alongside Potter, much to my chagrin.
  • Made it to Opelucid Town, and after a short detour to Route 9, I took on the gym.
  • Drayden defeated my Nagini once with Haxorus, but I eventually beat him. I have been neglecting her a little...
  • Team Plasma showed up in their flying ship and froze the city, and I defeated Zinzolin again.
  • The DNA Splicers were stolen, so I went after them to Himulau City.
  • Took on the gym, and while I did need to heal some when I got burned, Marlon wasn't too hard.
  • I am now saved on Route 22.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Voldy:
206.gif

Nagini the Serious Dunsparce, ♀ - L71 @ Amulet Coin
Moves: Headbutt, Drill Run, Rock Slide, Coil

HM Slaves:
028.gif

Sandslash - Cut, Strength, Dig
561.gif

Sigilyph - Fly, Flash
580.gif

Ducklett - Surf

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
~ISSUE~

I probably should have read the rules more thoroughly. I followed the rules to the T, aside from one situation in Victory Road (6:18:55). In short, I let my Butterfree faint and used a Revive while an HM Slave was battling. If this voids the attempt, so be it, but I have some reasons to plead "not guilty".

1. I was burned and didn't have Burn Heal (sorry Blaine), so I fainted just to save myself a trek back to the cave
  2. It was an optional battle, so it wasn't actually inhibiting story progression
  3. Blacking out would have just sent me back to Viridian, with a boulder reset as the only real penalty
  4. I blacked out soon after, so I paid the penalty anyway

Those are my reasons. If the run is still considered void, just let me know. ;o
I'd say this is okay, I've been thinking that the whole "no revives" was kind of pushing it, for some cases at least. I changed the OP to make it okay. So your challenge is fine and it'll be added next time I update :)

The parent knew the move already, my friend hatched it with a ditto so it couldn't possibly be an egg move. Maybe a TM? I hope I don't have to restart.
Since it was legally hatched then it's perfectly fine :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
azzuril is starting to seem like it's OK being a NFE baby.

beat gyms 6 and 7!

2ntitr6.png
23ru0qt.png

currently on mt. coronet, but my brother feels bad that his unposted munchlax solo which he started a LONG time ago is behind my azzuril, which is rational, so I'm going to put this on hold for a bit so he can be ahead (azzuril is 1 week + 1 month old and at the top of mt. coronet; that's what happens when you use a STRONG infant who got early pokerus)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Solo Challenge #4:

Final Update (#3) on Black 2.
  • Got the Colress Machine on Route 22, then went through Seaside Cave to the Plasma Frigate.
  • After solving the warp puzzle, I defeated Zinzolin easily, but the Frigate flew off again.
  • Chased Team Plasma to the Giant Chasm, where I boarded the Frigate again, and got the password to unlock the final area.
  • Defeated Zinzolin easily, then beat Colress as well, who was much tougher.
  • Beat the Shadow Triad, then followed Ghetsis into the back of the Giant Chasm Cave.
  • Black Kyurem was fused, but fell easily to Nagini, and I then took out Ghetsis without too much trouble.
  • That done, I went to Route 23 and got to Victory Road, which I went through it with ease
  • After defeating Potter at the end, I arrived at the Pokémon League.
  • After a little EV training and swapping Coil for Glare, I used Rare Candies to get Nagini up to L98, then took on the Elite Four.
  • The toughest battle was surprisingly not Marshal, although he was a bit tough, but Shauntal, with her Golurk knowing Brick Break.
  • Anyway, after cleaning up on the Elite Four, it was finally time to face Iris.
  • Here's a video and play-by-play of the fight:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
ultsolo4naginihof5.png
ultsolo4unovachamp.png

Team Voldy:
206.gif

Nagini the Serious Dunsparce, ♀ - L100 @ Leftovers